Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Transfer Jealousy

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

With the window coming to a close, which transfer from our fellow Premier League clubs are you most envious of and why?

I am not jealous of any club. Think we have done well all things considered. :scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I am not jealous of any club. Think we have done well all things considered. :scarf:

As things stand, considering what we have gained without a negative spend, it's pretty crazy really. Three really solid signings, one of which is the envy of even Top 6 teams, plus a longer-term investment/backup. 

If we had a last minute experienced CB loan come in though, I would be happier. I wish more had been done last season to integrate Lord F into playing in the PL. 

Everton have brought pretty well I think, Kean could flop but he has the potential to be a fantastic player. Delph, whilst not fashionable, is a solid signing too - and Gomes. They finished the season strongly too.

As has been mentioned though, whilst you could argue we're not as strong as we were in the centre of defence, our midfield has had a huge upgrade when you consider we'll hopefully go from Ndidi and Mendy with (long live the) King, Hamza and James in reserve to Tielemans and Praet. Perez and Justin are clear upgrades too.

Edited by David Guiza

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Everton have brought pretty well I think, Kean could flop but he has the potential to be a fantastic player. Delph, whilst not fashionable, is a solid signing too - and Gomes. They finished the season strongly too.

As has been mentioned though, whilst you could argue we're not as strong as we were in the centre of defence, our midfield has had a huge upgrade when you consider we'll hopefully go from Ndidi and Mendy with (long live the) King, Hamza and James in reserve to Tielemans and Praet. Perez and Justin are clear upgrades too.

Kean is a tough one like you say. He’s scored 6 in 12 games, I personally don’t watch serie a so I don’t know if that’s purely based on for the side he’s playing for? For example Kelechi’s record before he came to us.

• Like 1

Everton could go either way IMO. I was a big fan of Marco Silva previously but have my doubts now. They have a lot of players to gel together now and I just don't think they will have the team spirit we have. I also think Rodgers will get the best out of a lot of our players and so I really think we could be above them by the end of the season.

The only concern I have, are injuries to key players like Vardy or Evans and also the consistency of younger players like Maddison, Barnes etc. 

I'm just excited to get going and see us play some exciting, attacking football. 6th or 7th would be incredible but just enjoying watching us play again would be great!  

Arsenal with Nicholas Pepe have signed the player who IMO will have the biggest impact of new players signed this season.

Otherwise whilst there have been lots of solid and logical signings, there haven't any really scandalously exciting ones.

I also think signing of the season will be a certain Y. Tielemans for Leicester City FC! :scarf:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Everton could go either way IMO. I was a big fan of Marco Silva previously but have my doubts now. They have a lot of players to gel together now and I just don't think they will have the team spirit we have. I also think Rodgers will get the best out of a lot of our players and so I really think we could be above them by the end of the season.

The only concern I have, are injuries to key players like Vardy or Evans and also the consistency of younger players like Maddison, Barnes etc. 

I'm just excited to get going and see us play some exciting, attacking football. 6th or 7th would be incredible but just enjoying watching us play again would be great!  

Marco Silva always seems to fall at the last hurdle, reminds me a lot of Roberto Martinez to be honest.

• Like 1

It would have been Zaha to Everton, not just because I'd want him here but it could have been enough to tip the balance to putting them clearly ahead of us.

Sessegnon looks like great business but I think we're very well covered on the left.

I really like the way Mooy plays but again we don't really need him and he may not quite be up to it.

A year ago I'd say Drinky but have no idea about his capacity to stay fit now.

some of the incoming foreign players raise your eyebrows when you hear the fee and see the clips but in a word, "Musa", you never know what you'll be getting.

Luiz would replace Harry but I doubt he'd go to any non CL team.

So, no-one really

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Kean is a tough one like you say. He’s scored 6 in 12 games, I personally don’t watch serie a so I don’t know if that’s purely based on for the side he’s playing for? For example Kelechi’s record before he came to us.

He was arguably their best player towards the end of the season, scored some important goals as Juve were faltering a little (I say faltering, but they still had a 10/15 point lead) but only for a short spell. Difficult to see whether it's a purple patch in a fantastic side, or genuine talent, but i'd have loved him to come here. For every Michael Owen and co there are countless failures of bright young players at big clubs doing nothing, be interesting to see how it goes!