Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

14 hours ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I still think 8k extra tickets will soon get snapped up.With the money that’s going to be spent on the whole shebang,surely a bigger capacity ie 45k is a no brainer.Seeing as wolves will have 46k when they complete,Villa 50k,Everton 60k.Even If Derby expanded,they’d have 44k!

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there the ability to increase the capacity even further. Man City did the same, develop one end of the ground first and see what demand is like.

For all we know, our demand could drop. If we become a standard mid table team, I think some people will get bored and we'd struggle to get 40k to every game. Progression has to be in small steps. I think 40k will allow an extra 5,000 or so ST's and then on a match by match basis, we will get close to selling out. The Big 6 will obviously draw sellout crowds. However, everyone will be in with a chance of getting tickets and that is the important thing. I wouldn't get too carried away with thinking 40k will be too small for our demand. Imagine if we at some point in the next 10 years got relegated, we'd be back to 25k averages.

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there the ability to increase the capacity even further. Man City did the same, develop one end of the ground first and see what demand is like.

For all we know, our demand could drop. If we become a standard mid table team, I think some people will get bored and we'd struggle to get 40k to every game. Progression has to be in small steps. I think 40k will allow an extra 5,000 or so ST's and then on a match by match basis, we will get close to selling out. The Big 6 will obviously draw sellout crowds. However, everyone will be in with a chance of getting tickets and that is the important thing. I wouldn't get too carried away with thinking 40k will be too small for our demand. Imagine if we at some point in the next 10 years got relegated, we'd be back to 25k averages.

There is room behind the Kop to expand. I guess that would add another ~5k. The southeast corner could then be filled in to add a bit more (~3k?). I think the North stand is probably too close to the road to expand it by much. I guess the West stand could be expanded a bit, but it's probably a lot more difficult and expensive than it would be worth. I guess the KP could realistically be expanded to around 50k.

52 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Based on the point you grabbed from other forums/discussions. Imagine celebrating a goal but not being allowed to stand up because it is unsafe. It's just ignorance because it works worldwide and in other sports across the globe too. Yet you can't trust English football fans of the Premiership or Championship (League 1 and below it is acceptable too). It's pretty pathetic really. As has been said many times, people currently standing in seated areas (and there are thousands at every game) is far more concerning for their safety and those sitting around them.

Some good examples are concerts with 100,000 people, that is in no way safe standing and a lot of people there are also beered up. It's a miracle there are no serious incidents on a regular basis. Crowdbreakers are few and far between at such events.

I don’t think I’d use safe standing.But I’m not against it either.If it’s organised and used properly without morons jumping over to be with a mate two rows in front,then it’s got to be worth a go imo.To keep mentioning Hillsborough is a bit pathetic.Not the same at all!

54 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes I read that the KP can be expanded to a max of 55k according to a stadium development site.But I think that’s only if we become a top 6 club on a regular basis.I know what your saying about relegation,but I think you need to take a few risks here and there,and keep looking forward.I understand what you’re saying though.

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm guessing you never sat behind a pillar at Filbert St.

I sat on a seat right next to the corner flag once. Didn't have a clue what was happening on 75% of the pitch, not the foggiest - never again.

Edited by Collymore

I sat right at the front of the kop just to the side of the goal for a game an Tim Flowers hung a massive towel on the net and it obscured a huge amount of the pitch! Had to ask him to move it to which he politely complied. I think that might be the same game Robbie Fowler told me to fvck off because I was giving him a load!!

Many times I've stood in a queue for a pint at various concourse kiosks and outside the KP in nearby pubs and eventually gave up.

I'd happily pay £5 a pint of any old naff lager if I could get served.

A fanzone for me. I do get a buzz from the atmosphere outside.

22 hours ago, sylofox said:

So without plans being drawn up and submitted we have a builder? So can he explain how hes quoted for this build. Either the club have lost the plot or someones telling porkies.

You cant get someone to put in a tender without knowing what they are building.

Fair enough mate. Was just passing on a message. I didn't want to cause any offence. 

And from my limited understanding of these processes. You may find the company that is building it may also be responsible for the plans and already be the clubs only choice......as they have built a number of stadiums and training facilities for clubs all over the world. 

9 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Many times I've stood in a queue for a pint at various concourse kiosks and outside the KP in nearby pubs and eventually gave up.

I’d draw the line at Carling  or Carlsberg though!Would take the lining off your stomach lol

9 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Most frustrating thing about the KP, going down 10/15 mins before half-time just to get served feels wrong.

6 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Except we have.....

You haven't really?

You're being that nob at any meeting who shoots down every suggestion, stating they won't work, without offering any discussion as to why they think that and any potential work arounds for it.

You've said a park and ride won't work; why won't it? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You haven't really?

You're being that nob at any meeting who shoots down every suggestion, stating they won't work, without offering any discussion as to why they think that and any potential work arounds for it.

I’ve used park and ride to go to the match before.Get your missus or husband to drop you there,park and ride in,a few beers,park and ride out,get picked up again.....perfect!!😜

Just now, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I’ve used park and ride to go to the match before.Get your missus or husband to drop you there,park and ride in,a few beers,park and ride out,get picked up again.....perfect!!😜

If only that could actually happen :D

Me, my dad and brother park and walk in as my mum doesn't drive sadly! 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You haven't really?

Not to worry, UniFox, he speaks for 'we' the entire time - self-appointed spokesperson for the 'silent majority'.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not to worry, UniFox, he speaks for 'we' the entire time - self-appointed spokesperson for the 'silent majority'.

Oh sh1t!

If I had realised I was talking to the voice of the people I'd have been far more courteous, my apologies :ph34r:

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh sh1t!

If I had realised I was talking to the voice of the people I'd have been far more courteous, my apologies :ph34r:

Given he's not responded to my promptings about where he worked, and that very strange duplicate post you highlighted, I am dubious as to who this character actually is.

• Like 1

When the expansion does happen, I'd like the club to 're-think' it's family stand policy. At the moment, 2 adults can get in with an under 18; an example is my experience. Me (22), my dad and my brother who is a year or so under 18 could have sat in the stand for at least another year. Which for me takes away what the family end should be. We've moved ends now, but a lot of people similar to me, sit in that end and take have the space young families could be using, introducing the next generation of fans. 

With the 8/10K new seats, I'd hope the club gave almost 'first choice' to these such groups and make space in the family end for new generations to watch. 

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Given he's not responded to my promptings about where he worked, and that very strange duplicate post you highlighted, I am dubious as to who this character actually is.

Wouldn't surprise me If he was just another account set up to be 'that guy'. 

I usually wouldn't bite, but job applications are incredibly dull 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wouldn't surprise me If he was just another account set up to be 'that guy'. 

I usually wouldn't bite, but job applications are incredibly dull 

I don't think he actually is 'that guy', more likely just someone dogmatic.