Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Found on taklingballs:

12139-812330522adb6b0520b95590e02343aa.j

Good to see someone in my what's app groups has litterally shared my screen shot lol now who do I know on talking balls whatever that is:blink:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

One huge stand and 3 tiddlers, we already know how bad that type of thing looks. 

I'll await to see proper designs but really hope we don't go down the half arsed route. 

When have King Power ever gone down the half arsed route at this club.....

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

One huge stand and 3 tiddlers, we already know how bad that type of thing looks. 

I'll await to see proper designs but really hope we don't go down the half arsed route. 

Hardly going to be 4 huge stands though is it? 

With how our owners are, when have they ever done things half arsed? 

So miserable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The council are paper pushers that don’t want to get out their offices and do anything. So when the club expand the east stand by another 20,000 and the local residents complain they’ll look at the paper and say “nope, it’s 40,000 capacity, it says so here. Look.” 

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Jesus is there anything you lot won't moan about? 

I would much prefer to keep it 40k and have a realistic chance of selling out every week keep a good atmosphere than have 50k odd and have a load of empty seats and songs that won't travel round. 

100% this. I don't think we would sell more than 40k tickets against the likes of Norwich and Burnley. Of course we have a bigger fan base now as we are relatively successful but things can change quickly in football and if our results/performances were to drop off in the future we would potentially struggle to fill the stadium. We are not Man U and will never be able to guarantee filling the stadium as we have a lot of fair weather fans who only turn up when we are doing well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

As fans I think we want as bigger stadium as we can get but realistically 40k is probably the sensible and right choice. 

Yes, there's the odd game like the Everton or Athletico Madrid game where demand is going to go through the roof but I'd imagine a mediocre Premier League game is not going to get anywhere near full capacity. 

We're never going to attract tourists like some other clubs (which is probably a good thing) and although we are ran brilliantly, we're only one average season away from the average attendance dropping by 5k I'd imagine. 

We can always expand again if needed so it's not like it's locked in for good either. 

Once upon a time I agreed but I'm not sure I do now. We're getting a better and better reputation, becoming more and more respected. I think we could survive one mediocre season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm hoping for some grand design that looks incredible

Nooooo.... it will be 18 months behind schedule, 3x over budget and the owners will have split over it . :)

Grand Designs Kevin McCloud backs Mail campaign for homeowners in  properties with fire-risk cladding | Daily Mail Online

A bit disappointed that it will be only 40k, after all the talk of going for 48k, but I can understand if they’re just being cautious with an 8k increase at first, see how that goes and then increase the north and south stands later on. 

Really excited about the hotel and arena though - extra revenue streams that would be a massive help to our finances. Not sure on this residential tower though - first I’ve seen that mentioned.

Surely it would make sense to apply permission to  increase the ground to 48 thousand capacity. However, just increase the seating up to 42 thousand and then use that extra space for retail on the understanding of reverting back to the original 48 thousand  with a minimal change to building work if and when required.

Nice source that is! For a once in a lifetime development of that magnitude it seems insane the 40k will be the limit considering the stature now of our club. Look around at what Spurs have done, Everton are doing, yet we are a slightly bigger club than Everton right now. 

We've built arguably the best training ground in UK if not one of the best in Europe and I can't imagine that you would cap an extension to a club matching those sorts of ambitions with a 40'000 stadium.

I'm grateful for everything the owners have done, genuinely am. However this has been kept so tightly under wraps in terms of leaks of designs etc that to me it must be more than 40k. I also have doubts about a residential tower 🤔. Although as part of S106 contributions this could form anything. I mean, a residential tower next to a newly designed football ground 🤔. You could only realistically locate it at the ex eon site which seems ridiculous given the view to the stadium or the rear of the ground to the right where you'd have to cap it at about 4 stories before you get free sky-line tv services.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo