Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Tackles Queuing With Cashless Concourses

13 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

To be honest I haven’t bought anything from the kiosks for years. But always amazes me that people who sit near me are willing to go down 10 minutes early and miss 10 minutes of the second half to get a (ridiculously overpriced) pint in. But each to their own. 

Going cashless is the right idea though, if it helps keeps queuing down and speeds up service for those that want a pie and a pint, great.

Yeh I really don't get this. 

Can people not go 2 hours without a beer? End up missing 15-20 mins out of 90 mins of action you've paid for.

Fair play if you can get a beer and drank within half time but it's not worth missing part of the match for 

Just now, Mint23 said:

It’s really about time that beer was allowed back into the stadium like it is in Europe and pretty much all other sports. That would get rid of the rush around half time.

The rush isn't about not being able to drink on the stands, people don't want to miss the game so go for a drink at the break? 

16 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

To be honest I haven’t bought anything from the kiosks for years. But always amazes me that people who sit near me are willing to go down 10 minutes early and miss 10 minutes of the second half to get a (ridiculously overpriced) pint in. But each to their own. 

Going cashless is the right idea though, if it helps keeps queuing down and speeds up service for those that want a pie and a pint, great.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Yeh I really don't get this. 

Can people not go 2 hours without a beer? End up missing 15-20 mins out of 90 mins of action you've paid for.

Fair play if you can get a beer and drank within half time but it's not worth missing part of the match for 

Exactly, people may want a pint, but is it worth missing 15/20 mins of a game to get one? 

• Like 2

But if you could go down at say 30 mins into the game and get a beer and be back in your seat before 35 mins people would miss less game than having to leave at 35 mins to get one at half time. They could even get an ordering app like at the tigers so that your drink will be ready and paid for when you get there 

3 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

But if you could go down at say 30 mins into the game and get a beer and be back in your seat before 35 mins people would miss less game than having to leave at 35 mins to get one at half time. They could even get an ordering app like at the tigers so that your drink will be ready and paid for when you get there 

That would be a good idea if you could take your drink back to your seat...but I’m pretty sure Thatcher did away with being able to drink an alcoholic beverage in view of a football pitch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Surely everyone would do the same? 

It'd be a similar situation as to why there's a queue at the bar on a Saturday night. 

We just don't have the infrastructure to cope with the numbers wanting a drink.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Makes sense. Who doesn't have a contactless bank card these days?

I can't remember the last time I carried cash.

Do most 11/12 year olds have a contactless bank card?

I only ask, as that was the sort of age me and my mate started going down Filbert St (without our parents).

Or even 15 years olds, if you want to push it a bit?

If the answer to the above question is 'NO', then how are they supposed to buy any food/drink in the East East, Kop or Main Stand?

• Like 1

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

Do most 11/12 year olds have a contactless bank card?

I only ask, as that was the sort of age me and my mate started going down Filbert St (without our parents).

Or even 15 years olds, if you want to push it a bit?

If the answer to the above question is 'NO', then how are they supposed to buy any food/drink in the East East, Kop or Main Stand?

If they've got a bank account they probably do.

Most 15yr olds have a bank account, no?

Maybe we don’t have the infrastructure you might be right, I’m just trying to offer an alternative from what we have now and also drag football from the 1980’s so people can actually watch the sport and drink a beer at the same time 

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

Maybe we don’t have the infrastructure you might be right, I’m just trying to offer an alternative from what we have now and also drag football from the 1980’s so people can actually watch the sport and drink a beer at the same time 

The reason we don't have stuff like this is because a lot of the time football fans (a small minority) are nobs. Same as to how at the rugby you can sit in mixed terraces and drink beer. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The rush isn't about not being able to drink on the stands, people don't want to miss the game so go for a drink at the break? 

And because of the time it takes to get a beer at halftime, fans leave early, which is a problem that needs sorting. I don't think cashless tills will sort it because as previously mentioned, it's the serving time where the problem lies, not the paying time.

Personally think these would solve the problem and make the ground unique, although you'd probably find me lying underneath one with me mate pushing the button

https://www.drinkcommand.com/self-serve-beer-wall/

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If they've got a bank account they probably do.

Most 15yr olds have a bank account, no?

Most 15yr olds have bank accounts these days; most have iphones now. 

They still should accept cash; but its a good idea to speed the process up

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

And because of the time it takes to get a beer at halftime, fans leave early, which is a problem that needs sorting. I don't think cashless tills will sort it because as previously mentioned, it's the serving time where the problem lies, not the paying time.

Personally think these would solve the problem and make the ground unique, although you'd probably find me lying underneath one with me mate pushing the button

https://www.drinkcommand.com/self-serve-beer-wall/

It's a knock on effect which they won't solve by fixing one issue. 

They need better equipped and trained staff, and better systems in place.

30 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not for everyone behind you in a drinks queue though when they have to stand there waiting for you to fiddle about with your phone.

See you in SK4 I bet you I’ve paid drank my drink and gone for my post beer piss before you’ve rummaged in your back pocket, realised it was in the other one, rummaged in that one , pulled out your wallet, selected the correct card from the 27 different store cards you own, quaintly pop in your chip and pin, put your card back in your wallet and shoved it back in the correct back pocket this time…

still faster than cash though!

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The reason we don't have stuff like this is because a lot of the time football fans (a small minority) are nobs. Same as to how at the rugby you can sit in mixed terraces and drink beer

That's because they're all sat there holding each others nobs, as they do in a scrum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This should have a greater impact than it actually will. I don't understand why they can't have queues dedicated to non alcoholic beverages and food only so that those wanting beer can a) get it faster and b) don't hold up those who don't want alcohol. 

The staff are also not fit for purpose. My friend ordered us 2 pints last year from the dedicated beer counter and I swear a 5 year old who had never encountered lager in their life could have poured a better pint. Their first attempt was basically a plastic cup full of froth and the second attempt was half a cup of lager containing half froth which took about 5 minutes to pour as she kept trying to tip out the froth not understanding why the liquid was draining out faster than the froth. In the end we just gave up as 2 beers took over 10 minutes to pour. 

• Like 1

Cool.... now will take 2 minutes 35 seconds to get served rather than 2 minutes 50. 

But it that’s in two seasons time,  it it will go up as 5000 drips a game moan about not being able to pay cash.

Slow concourses are absolutely nothing to do with them pouring just one beer at a time, rather than mass pouring and definitely nothing to do with the servers mostly wandering around aimlessly. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a knock on effect which they won't solve by fixing one issue. 

They need better equipped and trained staff, and better systems in place.

They need to separate the beer sales from the food sales. Times i've stood there behind someone after a poxy kitkat. Who buys a chocolate bar at a football match ffs.