Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Tackles Queuing With Cashless Concourses

Just now, Unabomber said:

That’s a good point actually 

it would literally cut serving time in half, if not more. no plastic waste / easy to recycle. would be nice and cold out of the fridges.

would be beneficial to the catering company as you'd probably need less staff and they'd sell more beer. 

the lack of management is clear to see though. the fact the till worker is also the person to make the drink / pour the beer / fetch the food is madness. 

till worker takes the order / money and gives the change / processes the card and shouts to their partner behind them what to fetch. less movement, more productivity. 

it's simple stuff, but clearly the catering company is run by idiots. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

can you honestly tell me as a (most likely) 17-20 year old you'd have been busting a gut to serve shit coffee and burgers for a football catering company paying you pennies? they're probably agency staff who get a quick 'you know how to pour a coffee / microwave a burger' talk when they join and then never ever see a superior in their job again. 

I've stood in those queues and they don't need training, it's basic as ****. they need someone above them to motivate them and keep them moving. there's zero management behind those counters.

You're right, the majority of the staff who work in the concourse are supplied by a company called TCS who hire Sixth form students so they can pay them f*** all, or at least that's who they used a few years back when my mates worked for them. They're treated like dirt and get payed dirt so no wonder the service is crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

tbh i'm at a ****ing loss as to why they insist on using dog-shit draught beer (in plastic cups ffs) which takes ages to pour when they could use aluminium cans and just dish them out.

People would take them into the stands, in their pockets probably, and throw them. My wine comes in a plastic bottle but they always decant it into a plastic cup, they never just give me the bottle. 

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Does this happen often at the KP?

A couple of years ago someone took the entire takings from one or two of the kiosks (I believe it was nearly a grand), hid it in a bin in the toilets, which were then emptied by the cleaners. I'm not sure if they found it again but apparently the managers were dumpster diving.

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

The club rightfully gets praised on here for the many great things it does. 

It is equally fair for people to complain when it falls short. 

If people want to shell out for shite food and service then that's up to them.

I do believe though that once they are rid of this catering company the club will make great improvements in this area. 

Agreed. It’s just a shame other people cant show the same diplomacy when there’s a difference in opinion on pink caps or £1 transaction fees. 

On behalf of the monied alcoholics and gluttons, and I worry about appointing myself their spokesperson, well done. There have always been those of us who struggle to get through an hour without our personal form of sustenance - and it was high time the club addressed this issue.

Now it’s time for personal wanking booths on the concourse and I never have to fear being labelled a fat, drunken deviant again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mint23 said:

It’s really about time that beer was allowed back into the stadium like it is in Europe and pretty much all other sports. That would get rid of the rush around half time.

This would only work if they stopped selling at certain times of the game. 

I really don’t fancy being barged out of the way every ten minutes because someone needs to go get there 8th or 9th beer of the half. 

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

A couple of years ago someone took the entire takings from one or two of the kiosks (I believe it was nearly a grand), hid it in a bin in the toilets, which were then emptied by the cleaners. I'm not sure if they found it again but apparently the managers were dumpster diving.

Yes it’s not the first time it’s happened but You are correct it was the takings from one kiosk, the money was found no dumpster diving was required tho, also the kiosks easily take more then a grand a game each

• Like 1

Doesn't matter how quick it becomes, they'll still be fack all left when you get there (unless you start queueing about 30mins into the first half).

...and get yourselves organised, order what you want, pay for it and move away. The number of selfish moron ditherers at the tills is amazing.

Edited by Vestan Pance

At least those working behind the kiosk won’t have to fumble around in the wills for the petty change.... they should change it up a bit and probably go for a few different catering services, the grub is pretty.... grubby and a bit 1990’s. Brighton I thought was pretty good, I burnt my mouth on chicken wings there rather than a sausage roll! 

Well I'm sure charging £5.10 for a pint of p*** shortened the queues a bit. 

I went down three minutes before the end of the half, there were 7 people in front of me and I didn't get served until just as the players ran out. Unreal. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I went down three minutes before the end of the half, there were 7 people in front of me and I didn't get served until just as the players ran out. Unreal. 

18 minutes to serve 7 people?

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How did people find the queues with the cashless system? 

Absolutely fine.

Just a shame they're still employing absolute tits that haven't got a clue.

Seriously difficult to work out how they can be so inept.

But as Babylon says, the prices will steer people away. £5.10 for a ****ing Chang is taking the piss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely fine.

Just a shame they're still employing absolute tits that haven't got a clue.

Seriously difficult to work out how they can be so inept.

But as Babylon says, the prices will steer people away. £5.10 for a ****ing Chang is taking the piss.

Seems the club have picked up on the pricing and quality with all the questions in the survey. 

Personally never bother buying anything hence why I asked about the queues etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

18 minutes to serve 7 people?

Yes and I’m not even exaggerating. At one point the woman serving just walked off to another kiosk (is that the right word?) entirely and just left the queue standing there. 

And when I say got served, I didn’t get served. I left the queue as my mate tried another line after we realised the first one was a joke and he got to the front quicker than me. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Be glad you didn't ask your mate for a cider. 4.50 for a half pint sized bottle.

Not drinking in the ground again at that price