Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Tackles Queuing With Cashless Concourses

I do agree with the quality, it is largely poor. The Sausage rolls look appealing, however the taste of charred pastry and dry horse meat soon kills that lust.... I must admit despite those comments I did try a vegan roll, simply because I panicked and didn’t no what to get when presented with the checkout operative.... and I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

£5.10 for a pint of Chang is too far. Am I right in thinking in the last 2 years it's gone from £4.50 > £4.80 > £5.10? I won't be bothering anymore. That's before I've even thought about how shite the service is.

Quick comparison at Tottenham - £4 for an Amstel, £4.50 for Heineken and £5 for Neck Oil. 

Hot drink at Spurs is £2 compared to our £2.60. Sausage roll is £3.50 compared to our £4.40.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simi said:

£5.10 for a pint of Chang is too far. Am I right in thinking in the last 2 years it's gone from £4.50 > £4.80 > £5.10? I won't be bothering anymore. That's before I've even thought about how shite the service is.

Quick comparison at Tottenham - £4 for an Amstel, £4.50 for Heineken and £5 for Neck Oil. 

Hot drink at Spurs is £2 compared to our £2.60. Sausage roll is £3.50 compared to our £4.40.

Charging £2.20 for a water is ridiculous as well. 

• Like 1

A shame that none of the matchday outside food vans don't sell alcohol (or do they?), as they're often generally quick with their service and are relatively inexpensive too.

The better bar staff are probably upstairs where the executive boxes are, given how much they pay more per season.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 13/08/2019 at 16:26, Babylon said:

Well I'm sure charging £5.10 for a pint of p*** shortened the queues a bit. 

I went down three minutes before the end of the half, there were 7 people in front of me and I didn't get served until just as the players ran out. Unreal. 

I stood almost the entire half time break because my son wanted a drink   The speed at which queues for the same kiosk are differently served just proves it’s all about the staff. I could see people who joined queues after me being served way ahead. 

Why have they stopped the guys selling just beer from mobile units?  That at least took some of the queues away. Haven’t seen them for a while 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

A shame that none of the matchday outside food vans don't sell alcohol (or do they?), as they're often generally quick with their service and are relatively inexpensive too.

The better bar staff are probably upstairs where the executive boxes are, given how much they pay more per season.

I've noticed an increase in people drinking cans of lager outside the ground. I think people either bring them with them or buy it from the mini supermarket up the road.

The burger van outside the family stand is decent (compared with the prison food inside) but it's still quite expensive. 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 16:25, Mint23 said:

It’s really about time that beer was allowed back into the stadium like it is in Europe and pretty much all other sports. That would get rid of the rush around half time.

As much as I’d like to stand and have a beer I could see this causing problems with people getting up and down to fetch drinks etc. Especially if you sit near a boozy group. Remember standing was allowed when drinks were last served in football grounds and in those areas you could shuffle through without disrupting people too much. How does it work at the rugby? 

On 09/08/2019 at 20:11, lifted*fox said:

it would literally cut serving time in half, if not more. no plastic waste / easy to recycle. would be nice and cold out of the fridges.

would be beneficial to the catering company as you'd probably need less staff and they'd sell more beer. 

the lack of management is clear to see though. the fact the till worker is also the person to make the drink / pour the beer / fetch the food is madness. 

till worker takes the order / money and gives the change / processes the card and shouts to their partner behind them what to fetch. less movement, more productivity. 

it's simple stuff, but clearly the catering company is run by idiots. 

I don’t think they’d be allowed to serve drinks in their cans. One match last season we ordered some bottles of beer and were handed the drinks still in their bottles. While drinking them one of the steward supervisors spotted us came over and gave us a grilling and warning he could eject us before we explained we’d been served them like that, he then fetched us some plastic cups. Why you can’t drink beer in plastic bottles on the concourse does seem a bit daft mind considering they’ll sell you bottles of coke.

One thing is for sure is that the current caterers are atrocious, slow unmotivated and most likely poorly treated and under payed staff, terrible over priced food and drink. Surely the club have been made aware of this and are counting down the days they can remove them and rectify something that has been poor for so long. 

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Charging £2.20 for a water is ridiculous as well. 

I noticed this as well. 

£2.60 I think for a coke or Fanta. 

If you was a kid, what would you ask your mum or dad for? 

Water should cost no more than a quid anywhere 😠

• Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 16:26, Stevosevic said:

Yeh I really don't get this. 

Can people not go 2 hours without a beer? End up missing 15-20 mins out of 90 mins of action you've paid for.

Fair play if you can get a beer and drank within half time but it's not worth missing part of the match for 

you dont miss anything mate its on the telly in the concourse

I don't see any way allowing alcohol in the seating area being allowed any time soon (if ever).

And that's probably a good thing otherwise we'll have every nobhead chucking their pint everywhere when a goal is scored (a la World Cup fan zones/pubs etc)

• Like 1

The catering is now an absolute disgrace. I fully accept that big event catering (football matches, music gigs, cinema etc...) food/drink is over priced and not always the greatest quality. But what our club offer us is the bottom of the gutter, I haven't seen anything worse.

The caterers are quite clearly fleecing us for every penny possible with no concern for the quality !

A few examples

Burgers  - off the menu completely, probably don't have a high enough profit margin because they required staff to make them.

Pies - no more Pukka pies, we get them awful Piglet pies, horrible. One of them has got Broccoli in! I love a bit of broc on my Sunday dinner but not after a few pints at half time

Crisps - walkers grab bags, can share with a few people, save some for the 2nd half. GONE. We now get Walkers baked, who wants Walkers flipping baked, no one!!! 

Chocolates - worst of all they have taken away my 2nd half Snickers Duo, in fact all duos have gone, and maltesers!!. Replaced with (normal sized) double deckers, twirls and dairy milks. Look i love chocolate and they are three cracking chocolate bars but they aren't fit for a football ground - they're selection box standard!

Hot dogs - the kiosk near G1 had 1 ready at half time on Sunday.

Lol look I am being a bit tongue in cheek but in all seriousness, each one of those catering changes above is made by the club's catering partners to make more profit and the offering we have has never been as bad, i doubt the club are even told about it.  They could make a bit of effort to give us some decent choice 

Don't even get me started on how slow they are lol 

Edited by LittlethorpeFox

16 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

The catering is now an absolute disgrace. I fully accept that big event catering (football matches, music gigs, cinema etc...) food/drink is over priced and not always the greatest quality. But what our club offer us is the bottom of the gutter, I haven't seen anything worse.

The caterers are quite clearly fleecing us for every penny possible with no concern for the quality !

A few examples

Burgers  - off the menu completely, probably don't have a high enough profit margin because they required staff to make them.

Pies - no more Pukka pies, we get them awful Piglet pies, horrible. One of them has got Broccoli in! I love a bit of broc on my Sunday dinner but not after a few pints at half time

Crisps - walkers grab bags, can share with a few people, save some for the 2nd half. GONE. We now get Walkers baked, who wants Walkers flipping baked, no one!!! 

Chocolates - worst of all they have taken away my 2nd half Snickers Duo, in fact all duos have gone, and maltesers!!. Replaced with (normal sized) double deckers, twirls and dairy milks. Look i love chocolate and they are three cracking chocolate bars but they aren't fit for a football ground - they're selection box standard!

Hot dogs - the kiosk near G1 had 1 ready at half time on Sunday.

Lol look I am being a bit tongue in cheek but in all seriousness, each one of those catering changes above is made by the club's catering partners to make more profit and the offering we have has never been as bad, i doubt the club are even told about it.  They could make a bit of effort to give us some decent choice 

Don't even get me started on how slow they are lol 

What I do to get around those problems is I don't buy anything in the ground generally. Beer is average and overpriced, food is poor (althought the Piglet branded thing you mention, I actually enjoy them, in particular the sausage roll when I do have one).

If people took their own food/drink (non-alcoholic obvs) or had food/drink elsewhere before the game, then maybe the club will notice and change offerings/prices. As long as people happily spend their money at the ground, this will continue.

The survey around the stadium expansion is a good choice to provide some useful feedback to the club.

• Like 2