Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Tackles Queuing With Cashless Concourses

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

See you in SK4 I bet you I’ve paid drank my drink and gone for my post beer piss before you’ve rummaged in your back pocket, realised it was in the other one, rummaged in that one , pulled out your wallet, selected the correct card from the 27 different store cards you own, quaintly pop in your chip and pin, put your card back in your wallet and shoved it back in the correct back pocket this time…

still faster than cash though!

Until you discover your batteries dead at the front of the queue and everyone has to wait whilst you mess about doing all the above. My mates got it on his watch and ffs, what a rig moral, sure he does it so i end up paying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

That's right, much better to take one with you.

Agree with your point, but taking stuff/bag with you gets you stopped and searched and slows everyone getting in. 

A change is needed in concourse of how they serve you, the amount of servers etc. But that won't come till the extension happens

265 grand for a wall of 200 beer taps that work off your season ticket. I'm sure they could offset that with the new minimum wage requirements for employees at football grounds. Incidentally, the sample card photos have spurs' logo on them, so maybe they already have them. 

17 minutes ago, Claudiofox said:

I feel the staff need to be better trained and supported , it seems chaotic and a little training might speed up service,  also have we signed up to the living wage ?

I don’t think the service staff have a brain between them sometimes, so I’m not sure what training and support would achieve to be honest. If someone can’t be arsed to move faster than a stoned sloth and pull their fingers out/show some urgency when required then the queue’s will always remain long. 

Sure give the proper support and training but employ people that actually give a **** too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Sure give the proper support and training but employ people that actually give a **** too.

can you honestly tell me as a (most likely) 17-20 year old you'd have been busting a gut to serve shit coffee and burgers for a football catering company paying you pennies? they're probably agency staff who get a quick 'you know how to pour a coffee / microwave a burger' talk when they join and then never ever see a superior in their job again. 

I've stood in those queues and they don't need training, it's basic as ****. they need someone above them to motivate them and keep them moving. there's zero management behind those counters.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

can you honestly tell me as a (most likely) 17-20 year old you'd have been busting a gut to serve shit coffee and burgers for a football catering company paying you pennies? they're probably agency staff who get a quick 'you know how to pour a coffee / microwave a burger' talk when they join and then never ever see a superior in their job again. 

I've stood in those queues and they don't need training, it's basic as ****. they need someone above them to motivate them and keep them moving. there's zero management behind those counters.

Yeah I was busting a gut at 17-20 doing guff mind numbing tasks for a lot less than they are being paid even taking into account inflation and that was only 15 years ago. No matter the task I always felt it helped to take at least a little pride in what you did. Serving coffee and burgers is a sh1t job but at least its a job and someone has to do it. 

Anyway I agree, would be a good idea and the most pragmatic solution to have someone actively supervising the whole process to try to keep a good pace going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

It's like they are surprised every single week that they suddenly get a rush of people at half time!

I just don't bother anymore. £5 for Chang lager just ain't worth it.

And I'm not sure how hungry I'd need to be to eat one of the hot dogs or burgers....

I've stopped buying stuff too, where they get these caterers from remains to be seen but the chuckle brothers could do things much better and cheaper.

The service is so slow and so poor I actually emailed the club to suggest ways they could speed things up ( ie.ensure there are enough staff for one to take the order and cash and another to QUICKLY deal with the food/ drink order. Instead the person on the till takes your order and then slowly walks half a mile to the other end of the till to retrieve your order !) but nothing has been done for the last few seasons. Such a wind-up when you spend the entire half-time queuing and just as you reach the front you hear the teams coming back out onto the pitch again..GRRRR! 

I know the staff may not get paid that much but why is there no urgency or desire to get everyone served quickly ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jet64 said:

The service is so slow and so poor I actually emailed the club to suggest ways they could speed things up ( ie.ensure there are enough staff for one to take the order and cash and another to QUICKLY deal with the food/ drink order. Instead the person on the till takes your order and then slowly walks half a mile to the other end of the till to retrieve your order !) but nothing has been done for the last few seasons. Such a wind-up when you spend the entire half-time queuing and just as you reach the front you hear the teams coming back out onto the pitch again..GRRRR! 

I know the staff may not get paid that much but why is there no urgency or desire to get everyone served quickly ? 

Completely get your frustration. But as long as the catering in the concourses is contracted out, frankly the club have no will or incentive to improve things. 

8 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Completely get your frustration. But as long as the catering in the concourses is contracted out, frankly the club have no will or incentive to improve things. 

and I would imagine the catering company probably know they're not going to get their contract renewed so there's no incentive for either party to improve things

As it stands we have crap beer, abysmal food which even my dog would turn it's nose up at, expensively priced and served by poorly paid unmotivated staff, supervised by managers who don't give a shit

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

and I would imagine the catering company probably know they're not going to get their contract renewed so there's no incentive for either party to improve things

As it stands we have crap beer, abysmal food which even my dog would turn it's nose up at, expensively priced and served by poorly paid unmotivated staff, supervised by managers who don't give a shit

But apart from that, how do you rate our service sir.....

• Haha 1

Tbh you guys are ungrateful. This club does a lot for you and you can’t accept the poor service in this area for all the freebies we get. Can’t you just accept these little changes for the good of the club 

🤔

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbh you guys are ungrateful. This club does a lot for you and you can’t accept the poor service in this area for all the freebies we get. Can’t you just accept these little changes for the good of the club 

🤔

The club rightfully gets praised on here for the many great things it does. 

It is equally fair for people to complain when it falls short. 

If people want to shell out for shite food and service then that's up to them.

I do believe though that once they are rid of this catering company the club will make great improvements in this area. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

I don’t think the service staff have a brain between them sometimes, so I’m not sure what training and support would achieve to be honest. If someone can’t be arsed to move faster than a stoned sloth and pull their fingers out/show some urgency when required then the queue’s will always remain long. 

Ouch , little harsh 

They are all very young and I have to give any young person credit for getting a job and trying, so many don't bother 

• Like 2

Also I don’t understand the argument of “can’t you go 2 hours without a beer?” Of course everyone can I do so all working week. However when at the footy some just want a half time pint, doesn’t mean some inept badger should take 10 mins to pour it. No reason if ran efficiently that you shouldn’t be able to go down when the whistle blows, queue, have a pint and get back up before KO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

True the management is absolutely wank. You cant blame the youngsters for lack of motivation when they haven't been motivated.

43 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Compass are shit wherever they are. They run our canteen at my work and its atrocious.

Very true, had them at my work in the past too absolute 3rd rate shit, senior management are absolute bellends too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

tbh i'm at a ****ing loss as to why they insist on using dog-shit draught beer (in plastic cups ffs) which takes ages to pour when they could use aluminium cans and just dish them out.

That’s a good point actually