Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Tackles Queuing With Cashless Concourses

Queueing times for supporters are set to be significantly reduced as King Power Stadium prepares to complete the transition to cashless concourses for the 2019/20 season – starting on Sunday.
 King Power Stadium
- Matchday concourses at King Power Stadium will be cashless for the 2019/20 season
- Kiosks will accept credit and debit cards for Chip & PIN, as well as contactless payments under £30
- King Power Stadium was over 80 percent cashless last season
- It will be in operation from Sunday’s Premier League opener against Wolves 

Over 80 percent of kiosks in General Admission areas at King Power Stadium were cashless last season, as part of a phased approach to improving the speed of service for supporters attending fixtures. 

The rollout, which has been a success at many of the country’s leading stadiums means that supporters will only be able to purchase food and beverages using a debit or credit card with Chip and PIN, as well as mobile phones and contactless payments for amounts under £30.

With King Power Stadium regularly sold out, cutting down concourse queuing times pre-match and at half-time has been a focus for the Club and its food and beverage providers. The introduction of cashless tills to the majority of kiosks last season served to considerable reduce average waiting times, as well as improving security – particularly during busy periods. 

It is intended that with these further enhancements for 2019/20, improvements will continue to be reflected in levels of service and overall matchday experiences for our supporters.

We kindly ask all supporters who regularly purchase food and drink with cash to ensure they bring the correct method of payment with them on matchdays to avoid any difficulties in the transition to cashless kiosks.

The Filbert’s Treats kiosk in the Family Stand, the Foxes Fanstore, the Ticket Office and Hospitality areas will continue to accept cash.

I know we've done this to death, but the sooner this contract with these clowns finishes the better. I have no doubt that when it does we will see an improvement in the catering. Until then we will see how much of an "improvement" going cashless makes!

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

It’s the slow uninterested staff that need sorting first. I have to go down no later than 38 minutes if I want a beer and to be able to drink it before the second half. 

It's like they are surprised every single week that they suddenly get a rush of people at half time!

I just don't bother anymore. £5 for Chang lager just ain't worth it.

And I'm not sure how hungry I'd need to be to eat one of the hot dogs or burgers....

• Like 2

To be honest I haven’t bought anything from the kiosks for years. But always amazes me that people who sit near me are willing to go down 10 minutes early and miss 10 minutes of the second half to get a (ridiculously overpriced) pint in. But each to their own. 

Going cashless is the right idea though, if it helps keeps queuing down and speeds up service for those that want a pie and a pint, great.

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Cash will seem like a quaint price of history in 10 years…. I pay for pretty much everything through Apple Pay 

better for business owners too as fewer errors and impossible to skim…

Not for everyone behind you in a drinks queue though when they have to stand there waiting for you to fiddle about with your phone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

It’s the slow uninterested staff that need sorting first.

I somewhat agree but imo, it looks like the kind of operation that probably pays as close to minimum wage as possible and i'd imagine most of them feel bitter as **** about shitting their saturday afternoon away for the sake of £30. 

i'd probably be slow and uninterested as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Of course they can. Does that make it ok for it to be pretty much impossible to get one without missing any of the match?

I'd say that points to the size of the kiosks compared to the ability of people serving. 

It doesn't match up and even if you had efficient staff you'd still get queues and have to miss some of the match. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'd say that points to the size of the kiosks compared to the ability of people serving. 

It doesn't match up and even if you had efficient staff you'd still get queues and have to miss some of the match. 

I’d agree on the kiosk size could improve however the staffs attitude is generally awful. 

Theres other ways to deal with the kiosk size, they used to half poor about 100 pints pre half time, then top them up. The queue moved noticeably quicker however they don’t tend to do that anymore. 

I know the above option doesn’t give the best pint ever but let’s be honest, the beer isn’t the best anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quite late notice to announce this, a LOT of people won't see this. But needed doing for sure. 

As much as I agree, they could've spent the whole of last season leafleting, putting posters up, a massive social media campaign and sending letters in preparation for Sunday, and I reckon a LOT of people still would rock up with the £20 note for a £2 water on Sunday.

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

I’d agree on the kiosk size could improve however the staffs attitude is generally awful. 

Theres other ways to deal with the kiosk size, they used to half poor about 100 pints pre half time, then top them up. The queue moved noticeably quicker however they don’t tend to do that anymore. 

I know the above option doesn’t give the best pint ever but let’s be honest, the beer isn’t the best anyway. 

that's an understatement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1