Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

1 minute ago, red5 said:

How do you know the right decision was made? Where in the ground were you and what made you think the var decision was right?

Wasn't the replay shown after the VAR decision was completed? 

It showed there was no touch on Chilwell. 

So the decision was correct to overturn the penalty decision? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Wasn't the replay shown after the VAR decision was completed? 

It showed there was no touch on Chilwell. 

So the decision was correct to overturn the penalty decision? 

Where in the ground were you to see that the video shown showed no contact?

10 minutes ago, red5 said:

Where in the ground were you to see that the video shown showed no contact?

I wasn't there. Missed the game as was away.

Nevertheless, seeing highlights and listening to the game though - they said a video was shown on the big screen after VAR decision made which showed that Chilwell was not touched and VAR was right to overturn it.

What more do you want us to say?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nevertheless, seeing highlights and listening to the game though - they said a video was shown on the big screen after VAR decision made which showed that Chilwell was not touched and VAR was right to overturn it.

Well if you were there you'd know the video didn't show he wasn't touched, it showed what looked like a clear penalty, why do you think the fans all booed as shown on motd2.

I don't want you to say anything as you don't know what happened and are only going on what you think.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i think that sky said the replay shown on the big screen was the only angle which didn't show there was no contact !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

i think that sky said the replay shown on the big screen was the only angle which didn't show there was no contact !!!

Did they show a video that clearly showed no contact do you know.

On another note the ref gave the sign that the ball was touched after the var decision and the video shown clearly no ball contact from the defender.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Was literally his choice not to do that. Plenty of other players are able to celebrate even though they know VAR is about yet Mings fancied not celebrating. 

So yes, it's not what it's about but that's not wholly down to VAR. 

In the case of celebrating a goal .... It's not a case of "his choice not to do so".   It's a case of, how the fck do you know it's actually a goal?

It's like me handing you an envelope that tells you how much you've won in a prize.   And then handing you a second envelope a minute later, telling you if you've actually won or not.

Open first envelope, which says "you have won £1 million pounds".

Do I celebrate?  Leap around the room?  Kiss the dog?  Shag the next door neighbour?  (quick one admittedly)

Well, that's your choice.  But what's the fckin point in doing anything, until you've opened the 2nd envelope?

12 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the case of celebrating a goal .... It's not a case of "his choice not to do so".   It's a case of, how the fck do you know it's actually a goal?

It's like me handing you an envelope that tells you how much you've won in a prize.   And then handing you a second envelope a minute later, telling you if you've actually won or not.

Open first envelope, which says "you have won £1 million pounds".

Do I celebrate?  Leap around the room?  Kiss the dog?  Shag the next door neighbour?  (quick one admittedly)

Well, that's your choice.  But what's the fckin point in doing anything, until you've opened the 2nd envelope?

Live for the moment :D 

Loads of other players have no problem celebrating a goal.

Mings is literally the first person I've seen who's been miserable enough to not celebrate scoring a goal since VAR has been active. 

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yeah the replay they showed in the ground was atrocious, they’d have been better off just showing nothing.

1 hour ago, red5 said:

How do you know the right decision was made? Where in the ground were you and what made you think the var decision was right?

Because I’ve watched a replay that shows there is no contact, like everyone else on here. Don’t get what your struggling with here. Or what point your trying to make.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Live for the moment :D 

Loads of other players have no problem celebrating a goal.

Mings is literally the first person I've seen who's been miserable enough to not celebrate scoring a goal since VAR has been active. 

That's because old habits die hard.  Give it time!

I didn't celebrate Nacho's goal last night at the time, as it was offside.  I forgot it's a different game now.

The worst part about the Chilwell penalty decision is it was correct, and if he hadn’t flung himself over like a bellend, he wouldn’t have hurdled over Holgate’s leg and it likely would’ve been clear as day contact for a penalty. 

Diving pisses me off, even (especially!) when Leicester players are at it and it literally cost us a penalty decision on Saturday. Stay on your feet and actually draw the contact before you go over. That’s exactly what Vardy does and it almost always works, especially now VAR is in place to prove it.

Edited by Finnaldo

50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Because I’ve watched a replay that shows there is no contact, like everyone else on here. Don’t get what your struggling with here. Or what point your trying to make.

Where did you watch the reply that shows no contact, I watched MOTD2 and it wasn't on there, everyone on here would have seen the same video on the big screen as me I would have thought. 

14 minutes ago, red5 said:

Where did you watch the reply that shows no contact, I watched MOTD2 and it wasn't on there, everyone on here would have seen the same video on the big screen as me I would have thought. 

Again I have watched match of the day 2 today and yes there are several angels that show no contact. 

Does it not give you a clue your practically the only person on this board, a Leicester city’s fans board, that thinks there’s contact. Have a look around, you’ve even had someone who watched it on sky tell you they all said there was no contact on every replay and that the angle  shown in the stadium was poor. Just drop it, it’s not a 

penalty in a month of Sunday’s 😂 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, red5 said:

Do you think it was a pen? Surely not! He didn’t even touch him. I was at the game and could see that in real time, then they showed a replay that confirmed that there was no contact. No complaints from a leicester perspective, no pen.

I've never said it's a penalty and I don't give a shit and I watched MOTD2 and no clear video of contact was shown. 

I said var is shit and the screen should have shown no contact if indeed there was none, and I still don't know if there was anyas I've not seen a video of it. 

1 minute ago, red5 said:

I've never said it's a penalty and I don't give a shit and I watched MOTD2 and no clear video of contact was shown. 

I said var is shit and the screen should have shown no contact if indeed there was none, and I still don't know if there was anyas I've not seen a video of it. 

You seem to have a very strong opinion on it and I find it odd that you haven’t yet seen a video of the incident considering you are so riled by it. 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Do you think it was a pen? Surely not! He didn’t even touch him. I was at the game and could see that in real time, then they showed a replay that confirmed that there was no contact. No complaints from a leicester perspective, no pen.

Well you must have been the only fan in the ground that thought that,where were you  

3 minutes ago, red5 said:

you clearly do give a shit lol

Maybe you need to watch MOTD2 harder as they definitely did show angles/videos of absolutely no contact being made.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

The worst part about the Chilwell penalty decision is it was correct, and if he hadn’t flung himself over like a bellend, he wouldn’t have hurdled over Holgate’s leg and it likely would’ve been clear as day contact for a penalty. 

Diving pisses me off, even (especially!) when Leicester players are at it and it literally cost us a penalty decision on Saturday. Stay on your feet and actually draw the contact before you go over. That’s exactly what Vardy does and it almost always works, especially now VAR is in place to prove it.

Great point about diving that reminded me of how our players plead for penalties. Waving hands in the air looking for free kicks while play moves on.

Too many names to mention. Hate that part of the game. At least we're not Barcelona Diving Academy at the end of one of their matches.

Just now, StanSP said:

you clearly do give a shit lol

Maybe you need to watch MOTD2 harder as they definitely did show angles/videos of absolutely no contact being made.

I don't give a shit if it was a penalty or not it's the fact var didn't show it was 

2 hours ago, red5 said:

Did they show a video that clearly showed no contact do you know.

On another note the ref gave the sign that the ball was touched after the var decision and the video shown clearly no ball contact from the defender.

After dismissing the Chilwell incident, var reviewed the vardy/Mina one where Mina takes the ball ..... I expect Scott was referencing that bit too with his motions 

• Like 1