Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

To be fair it's not as simple as "contact = foul, no contact = dive". I don't think you'll ever see VAR give an incident like that as a foul, but Holgate doesn't get near the ball and then essentially puts Chilwell in a position where he has two options - get out the way or get his legs kicked out from under him. In hindsight he should probably just do the latter and get the penalty but if someone tries to kick you, your instinct is to move. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This looks interesting, would be great to be told why a decision has happened 

Presumably it'll be how they do it in American football and for once something over there coming over here is good! 

Big fan of improving in-stadium communications and this goes some way to doing that so I'm a fan. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Presumably it'll be how they do it in American football and for once something over there coming over here is good! 

Big fan of improving in-stadium communications and this goes some way to doing that so I'm a fan. 

Would certainly be a fan of it switching to an official who explains a penalty was given due to a handball by Blue 16, or a penalty was overturned due to contact from yellow 3 on red 9 not being enough to award a foul. Anything to make it easier to understand whats going on

On 03/12/2019 at 13:46, UniFox21 said:

This looks interesting, would be great to be told why a decision has happened 

Been doing in Rugby and cricket for years. everyone knows what is happening and why a decision is made. Still wont alter the fact that we may disagree but far less frustration all round

Not sure what Wilder is complaining about or Micah Richards and Mark Lawrenson on Football Focus. The linesman is not the ref and players should not stop when they see a flag go up. VAR was correct, Shelvy was onside, and it would've been worse if the goal was incorrectly ruled out. Wilder would be better off lambasting his defenders rather than blaming VAR. 

• Like 2

On 04/12/2019 at 22:06, urban fox said:

Been doing in Rugby and cricket for years. everyone knows what is happening and why a decision is made. Still wont alter the fact that we may disagree but far less frustration all round

Bit quieter at a rugby or cricket match though, why they don’t just stick what the var people are looking at on the big screens, I don’t know. It’s not right that people watching on the tv know what’s happening before the fans at the actual match

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bit quieter at a rugby or cricket match though, why they don’t just stick what the var people are looking at on the big screens, I don’t know. It’s not right that people watching on the tv know what’s happening before the fans at the actual match

What difference does that make?

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Disagree...gives me time,to go for a Pint & pork-pie while waiting for the descision...

What Really psses me off, I have Time to leave the ground,get on the bus,Call in the pub for a pint,Drop in Walkers-butchers for a pork pie,get the return bus...

Pick up the Early Mercury,from Stan,Show my Ticket again at the gate...then Maybe just maybe....VAR  has by  then reached a descision...:chant:

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think the fans should know what's happening before the tv, but it's clear a lot on here don't go to the games.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Serves all those plastics that go to the game right. They should be at home watching on telly, where they can get a full and comprehensive view of the game and learn bout var decisions immediately.

Damn right..!!

13 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s doesn’t make any difference but I think the fans at the ground have a right to know what’s happening first. 

Do you think the players should reenact a goal after its scored too? Because at the game you don't get thr benefit of a replay. 

Sat at home you get some benefits, like replays, latest news on injuries, clear explanation of refereeing decisions. At the game you get to enjoy the atmosphere of the live event, but that means you miss some of the tv stuff obviously.

• Like 1