Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smooch85

Pink shirt

I think it's great, looks really good. If someone doesn't aesthetically like it from a personal level that's fine but no one seriously doesn't like it because they associate pink with women or being gay right? No one's that out of touch or crippingly insecure? X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

I think it's great, looks really good. If someone doesn't aesthetically like it from a personal level that's fine but no one seriously doesn't like it because they associate pink with women or being gay right? No one's that out of touch or crippingly insecure?

Of course not, Rumble.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I think it's great, looks really good. If someone doesn't aesthetically like it from a personal level that's fine but no one seriously doesn't like it because they associate pink with women or being gay right? No one's that out of touch or crippingly insecure? X 

59 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Of course not, Rumble.

You could turn this on it's head: how many posters who profess to 'love it' are only doing so for fear of being perceived as homophobic if they don't?

How cripplingly insecure is that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Line-X said:

This, on the other hand, is a shameful piss take...

Campeon-19-template.thumb.jpg.fbe73920c222998bdc66d74ca8493045.jpg

And unbelievably, they got away with it the year before...

901369e45b64668f2f1dec0d7c47a347.png.1273cdc7b8dd354734ad0ac2bd61618d.png

How ****ing stupid are our fan base? 

Ten outfield players dressed as penises cheered on by a salmon coloured support mindlessly parroting an asinine Wolves chant? Would never have happened in this ****er...

Whilst I agree with you on the shameful piss-take (£30 extra for the same shirt only with the LCFC badge and an advertising slogan slapped across the front (albeit for King Power :worship:)

I'll try and be tactful here, forgive me if I fail. If all I saw when watching LCFC were ten outfield players dressed as penises. I would start to give serious consideration about the amount of online (hetero) p*rn I was consuming :blush:   

(I still can't get over the fact that we ran around the pitch dressed as crisp packets for a number of years. And yes, maybe as a result of the subliminal messaging, I've got a very bad Walkers Oven Baked Cheese n' Onion habit! :ph34r:)

Edited by swanlee

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I highly doubt it, somehow.

Why?

Your posts on this subject (your last sarcastic reply to Rumble included) seem to imply that you assume anyone who doesn’t like it must be a closet homophobe. 

You seem unable to accept that people might dislike it simply because it’s vile, a position I happen to also hold. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Why?

Your posts on this subject (your last sarcastic reply to Rumble included) seem to imply that you assume anyone who doesn’t like it must be a closet homophobe. 

You seem unable to accept that people might dislike it simply because it’s vile, a position I happen to also hold. 

You're arguing about people liking or disliking a football shirt for god sake. It really isn't that deep

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

They do no such thing. I totally accept that people might just dislike it, thus contradicting your assumption. I just dislike homophobia, of which there's also plenty on show. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

They do no such thing. I totally accept that people might just dislike it, thus contradicting your assumption. I just dislike homophobia, of which there's also plenty on show. 

Could you point to some because I’m not seeing it? All I’m seeing is virtue signalling by people who are seeing something that isn’t there. 

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

our 3rd strips have been afterthoughts since adidas were involved. bring back the green and yellow pin stripes

...Which we never won a game in. Anything is preferable to prawn cocktail I guess. 

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Could you point to some because I’m not seeing it? All I’m seeing is virtue signalling by people who are seeing something that isn’t there. 

"pussy beta male colour" - does that help?

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

Just in case you're still labouring under the misapprehension that I think the kit is lovely, I'm not mad about it. 

Just read some comments, maybe in this thread, maybe elsewhere. It's either irony or blatant casual homophobia, which has been around so long that quite often, straight people just don't notice it. Not having a go at you over this, but you did rather accuse me if stuff I never said. Pick your targets better, I'm not wanting a fight. 

Can we put this silly argument to bed once and for all? A pink shirt is a pink shirt, love it or hate it because you don't like the color or because you don't like being charged more for a slightly pimped template. That's fine. Everything else is just conjecture.

Once you come up with these socio-political connotations, let me remind you that there have been pink kits at other clubs before - Everton had one, Partick Thistle did ten years ago, or do US Palermo as a whole suddenly qualify as "gay" because pink is their prominent club color?

Edinson+Cavani+Citta+di+Palermo+v+Atalan

That's Edinson Cavani btw, a guy who wears his Christian faith on his sleeve.

I personally like our pink shirt. Something different in the world that is PL football kits this season.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Can we put this silly argument to bed once and for all? A pink shirt is a pink shirt, love it or hate it because you don't like the color or because you don't like being charged more for a slightly pimped template. That's fine. Everything else is just conjecture.

Once you come up with these socio-political connotations, let me remind you that there have been pink kits at other clubs before - Everton had one, Partick Thistle did ten years ago, or do US Palermo as a whole suddenly qualify as "gay" because pink is their prominent club color?

Edinson+Cavani+Citta+di+Palermo+v+Atalan

That's Edinson Cavani btw, a guy who wears his Christian faith on his sleeve.

I personally like our pink shirt. Something different in the world that is PL football kits this season.

You're absolutely right. EXCEPT that there are some (maybe not many) comments that display obvious sentiment that indicates that they (let's say for argument's sake) feel less than manly because it's pink. That isn't conjecture, not when people are making it plain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're absolutely right. EXCEPT that there are some (maybe not many) comments that display obvious sentiment that indicates that they (let's say for argument's sake) feel less than manly because it's pink. That isn't conjecture, not when people are making it plain.

There were also some comments to the effect that a pink shirt shouldn't be seen near a football pitch let alone adorned by our beloved LCFC.

Edinson (above) is playing for Italian club Parma Palermo. They've been wearing pink since 1907. Which I'd suggest is in all probability well before a vast percentage of our fanbase were born?

And for the record, although I not sold on the 90's block graphics, I like the pink shirt we're wearing. It's a refreshing change. I also like the pink shirt Cavani is wearing.

imo for sartorial footballing elegance & refinement you can't look beyond Italy. So many iconic kits - Juve, AC Milan, the sky blue of Napoli. My personal fav's is Sampdoria - royal blue and those stripes.

Yup - I like both blue & pink. I'm a confused individual :frantics: but a happy one.     

Edited by swanlee
im a twat

11 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Edinson (above) is playing for Italian club Parma. They've been wearing pink since 1907. Which I'd suggest is in all probability well before a vast percentage of our fanbase were born?

Given that the current oldest living person in the UK (according to Wiki) would have been just a few weeks old when they started wearing pink, I'd wager that you're probably about right there... :ph34r: