Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smooch85

Pink shirt

49 minutes ago, Xen said:

Given that the current oldest living person in the UK (according to Wiki) would have been just a few weeks old when they started wearing pink, I'd wager that you're probably about right there... :ph34r:

Shite - surprised that there's anyone around that's that old.

Who knows - if any of our younger fan base live to be that old, they might be in with a chance of getting to watch us win that fookin' thing all over again.

:ranieri:

Imagine that!   

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Can we put this silly argument to bed once and for all? A pink shirt is a pink shirt, love it or hate it because you don't like the color or because you don't like being charged more for a slightly pimped template. That's fine. Everything else is just conjecture.

Once you come up with these socio-political connotations, let me remind you that there have been pink kits at other clubs before - Everton had one, Partick Thistle did ten years ago, or do US Palermo as a whole suddenly qualify as "gay" because pink is their prominent club color?

Edinson+Cavani+Citta+di+Palermo+v+Atalan

That's Edinson Cavani btw, a guy who wears his Christian faith on his sleeve.

I personally like our pink shirt. Something different in the world that is PL football kits this season.

I think Juve used to play in pink, as well, before they copied Nott's County's kit. Not a joke. I may be wrong.

17 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

My guess - zero would be the number who had the fear in the first place, then you'd need to take into acount the 0% of that 0% who would actively post something they don't believe in order to publically allay suspicions that no-one had in the first place, instead of just saying nothing.

lol

That's pretty good logic, tbf.

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Juve used to play in pink, as well, before they copied Nott's County's kit. Not a joke. I may be wrong.

they did play in pink, but they didn't copy notts county. The pink kit kept fading so one of the players, who was english, had a mate who was a notts county supporter and he got him to ship a load of their shirts over.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

they did play in pink, but they didn't copy notts county. The pink kit kept fading so one of the players, who was english, had a mate who was a notts county supporter and he got him to ship a load of their shirts over.

And when those shirts wore out, they made copies of them.

36 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

35 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

And when those shirts wore out, they made copies of them.

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

You are indeed correct

Ah - just googled it - you're all quite right. I had heard the stripes / Notts Co story before ...  

..... but what I've only just realised is that their away kit seems to have been a continuation of that tradition. As of quite recently, and for a few years, it has been pink!

Although not this season it seems.

Edited by swanlee

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

On a side note, I used to love the Germany 1990 kit style but the nostalgic trend of it being used everywhere in the last 5 years is getting boring.

As previous stated this is kind of my issue with it. Can't we try to come up with our design which is unique and classic to Leicester. 

Palermo and Juventus have had some lovely pink shirts. 

It winds me up our ever changing away colours. Football shirts are predominantly bought for identity I think, so get an away colour fixed and play with make a good original design 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

After years of Le Coq Sportif, JJB, Joma and Fox Leisure, i wont lose any sleep over another Adidas template.

Lol true but i wont be paying top dollar for a glorified training top with KP and city badge on it when i can get the same thing for half price  without the badges etc.

Perhaps its "plasticky" but i just want  something original that nobody else has or has had kit wise.

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol true but i wont be paying top dollar for a glorified training top with KP and city badge on it when i can get the same thing for half price  without the badges etc.

Perhaps its "plasticky" but i just want  something original that nobody else has or has had kit wise.

Wait until we are champions league for next season, and we might be MASSIVE enough for that.

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Le coq sportif did some belting shirts for us and they've put some corkers out for teams on the continent in recent seasons

I can't remember any specific ones.

Maybe i just have bad memories of that LG shirt because Thurmaston Co-op printed premier league numbers on the back of my Division One shirt and my dads response was to shout at the poor bloke behind the desk. 

Co-op stopped doing shirt printing soon after...