Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've broken the game already lol 

image.png.535d16f10a980581210dae6c9ea48c06.png

This is honestly ridiculous.

That’s crazy, everyone I know who plays this has gone on a similar run. Here is my Brentford season so far...if you ignore the fact it’s sideways it’s pretty impressive.

E7014F37-1A3D-4368-BEE4-774C1ED0F464.jpeg

Edited by Costock_Fox

currently about 5 years in, having took Chorley (random team) from the conference to 3rd in the Championship at the minute.

Starting to get difficult though as my wage budget is less than 10% of some of the teams in the league. Thankfully have Man City as an affiliate, so I'm able to get some free wonderkids every year.

Having a nice save with Fiorentina after buying this. Finished 9th first season, but was only 5 points off Champions League. Now sitting 3rd halfway through the second season with a reasonable shout of the title.

Got a great young squad together. Sandro Tonali has been an absolute steal at 10m from Brescia and managed to get Kluivert from Roma for 13m. Chiesa is obviously brilliant too but attracting quite a lot of interest at this point. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got Bochum promoted with a ridiculous defensive record of something like 15 clean sheets in my last 16 games but we are hopeless out of our depth in the Bundesliga. I'm genuinely panicking that we won't win a game all season.

Are you passed the transfer window? If not what positions do you need and what’s your budget?

23 hours ago, Osavo said:

Having a nice save with Fiorentina after buying this. Finished 9th first season, but was only 5 points off Champions League. Now sitting 3rd halfway through the second season with a reasonable shout of the title.

Got a great young squad together. Sandro Tonali has been an absolute steal at 10m from Brescia and managed to get Kluivert from Roma for 13m. Chiesa is obviously brilliant too but attracting quite a lot of interest at this point. 

Sandro Tonali is a baller. Loved signing him on FM19 too.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are you passed the transfer window? If not what positions do you need and what’s your budget?

Just entered January and honestly, anything we can get, I have a whopping £800k in my budget.

I need a centre half really though. I'm playing Patrick Fabian who is with the greatest respect, shite, but in fairness to the bloke has performed a bit better than he should've done. I haven't got any depth there though and just sold Decarli because he's also garbage and on big wages.

I think we're going down regardless to be honest, but we did grab our first win away at Bremen and then were seconds from two on the bounce until Dusseldorf's left back rifled one in. Gutted as well as they're the two teams directly above us.

The bottom four are all yet to hit 10 points and we're half way through lol so one, if not two sides are going to survive despite being utterly shite, but I think Bremen have the capacity to improve - not sure we do.

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just entered January and honestly, anything we can get, I have a whopping £800k in my budget.

I need a centre half really though. I'm playing Patrick Fabian who is with the greatest respect, shite, but in fairness to the bloke has performed a bit better than he should've done. I haven't got any depth there though and just sold Decarli because he's also garbage and on big wages.

I think we're going down regardless to be honest, but we did grab our first win away at Bremen and then were seconds from two on the bounce until Dusseldorf's left back rifled one in. Gutted as well as they're the two teams directly above us.

The bottom four are all yet to hit 10 points and we're half way through lol so one, if not two sides are going to survive despite being utterly shite, but I think Bremen have the capacity to improve - not sure we do.

Yeah mate sorry you are ****ed lol 

The centre backs I bought for Brentford were more than that (Luis Abram is decent for about 6m). I’ve got Rhian Brewster on loan if you need a striker and he’s class.

27 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah mate sorry you are ****ed lol 

The centre backs I bought for Brentford were more than that (Luis Abram is decent for about 6m). I’ve got Rhian Brewster on loan if you need a striker and he’s class.

I've had Brewster on loan both seasons, he's basically the reason we're not midtable in the 2nd tier. He's a one man attack at times.

I've just signed Jack Simpson from Bournemouth - that's the level of ****ed we are. If I keep these up it's a minor miracle. I am encouraged at the Bremen and Dusseldorf performances but it's Bayern and Gladbach away next so goodbye to any good morale we've just built up.

image.thumb.png.5ca8b14110a98ce083e78a667778018a.png

image.thumb.png.e234e158de84610a7e64314df4b46d94.png

We might, just might do this. A change of goalkeeper seems to have helped a bit. No idea where the Freiburg win came from - I was pretty much accepting we were gone if we lost that and we panned them.

That Augsburg game is massive. Us, Bremen and Dusseldorf have all followed a similar pattern but Augsburg are in freefall. We simply have to win it. Frankfurt are living very dangerously as well.

Mainz are quality. I lost away there earlier in the season and was livid but they actually have a really tidy squad - like, I'd probably recommend a save with them if you fancied a good Bundesliga side. You could make something from that for sure.

Anyone playing the mobile version of FM20?
It's a bit like the PC 2004 version. Basic functionality and not quite as time consuming as the full desktop version.

Anyway, I'm quite addicted. I came 9th in the first season and won the league and UEFA Cup in second season. Now I am basically unbeatable. I won every trophy last season, but lost one league game. The season before that I didn't lose a league game, but didn't quite manage a clean sweep of trophies.
I was wondering if the game will let you win every game in a season or whether it simply won't let you. I dominate nearly every match but every once in a while seem to come up against a team that seemingly cannot be beat. Timo Werner spearheads my attack. He's a machine. Chilwell and Maddison still in my first team. N'didi lasted a long time until he threw a strop.

image.thumb.png.619541ab7d96facd3564778e754e9490.png

We're going. We beat Augsburg but an absolute catastrophe of a March has sunk us I think. Lost all three games to Frankfurt, Hamburg and Hoffenheim. We've got to play five of the top seven, which includes Dortmund and Bayern.

We do have to play Bremen and Dusseldorf too but it'll be too late - we're going to somehow have to beat one of the big boys I think.

Been a decent effort but we had no chance. I think if we hit 25 points we've over-achieved big time. We realistically have a squad that should do a Derby. Entirely on the board and their pathetic budget.

Edited by Dan LCFC

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

image.thumb.png.619541ab7d96facd3564778e754e9490.png

We're going. We beat Augsburg but an absolute catastrophe of a March has sunk us I think. Lost all three games to Frankfurt, Hamburg and Hoffenheim. We've got to play five of the top seven, which includes Dortmund and Bayern.

We do have to play Bremen and Dusseldorf too but it'll be too late - we're going to somehow have to beat one of the big boys I think.

Been a decent effort but we had no chance. I think if we hit 25 points we've over-achieved big time. We realistically have a squad that should do a Derby. Entirely on the board and their pathetic budget.

mate were you playing until 2am