Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Started as Solihull Moors on Sunday and immediately got bored, so went on holiday indefinitely. Checked back a few times to find myself unemployed, took jobs at Bristol Rovers surprisingly and then Eastbourne Borough, next time it was 2045 so I looked around. Liverpool are relegation strugglers, Brentford were 5th. Chesterfield have made it to the Championship, Boston Utd and York to League 1. Managed to get a job in the Conference at.... Wigan lol Went back on holiday, checked today and it's 2060, survived 3 years at Wigan somehow with high-mid Conference finishes.. left them at 21st in the table before I took on the job at Wigan u18's so says my history!?!???

Taken the Hemel Hempstead job in the Conference South, with the intention of returning from holiday around 2100 and starting a game from there

On 28/01/2020 at 18:38, Walkers said:

Started as Solihull Moors on Sunday and immediately got bored, so went on holiday indefinitely. Checked back a few times to find myself unemployed, took jobs at Bristol Rovers surprisingly and then Eastbourne Borough, next time it was 2045 so I looked around. Liverpool are relegation strugglers, Brentford were 5th. Chesterfield have made it to the Championship, Boston Utd and York to League 1. Managed to get a job in the Conference at.... Wigan lol Went back on holiday, checked today and it's 2060, survived 3 years at Wigan somehow with high-mid Conference finishes.. left them at 21st in the table before I took on the job at Wigan u18's so says my history!?!???

Taken the Hemel Hempstead job in the Conference South, with the intention of returning from holiday around 2100 and starting a game from there

Now in 2106

Proper started to turn in the 2060's...Weirdest season is a top 3 of Watford/Fulham/Brentford, shoutout to Blackburn for a 3rd there too lol

Watford have won it 16 times in that time. Fulham have finished in the top 3 in the last 15 seasons and counting. Brentford had a spell in the top 3 in the 80's. Man City not finished in the top 3 since 2058. Chelsea haven't finished outside the top 4 since 2035. Man City have spent 7 seasons in the Championship since the 70's but bounced back at the first time of asking every time. Liverpool Sky Bet Championship winners 2098. Arsenal have spent 22 seasons in the Championship in the last 30 years. A lot of PL records still stand from before 2018 but Watford now have the highest attendance at their 92k stadium. They also hold the record for most wins with 35.. most points with 106. As for Leicester, currently 18th in the PL with a 65/35 split of time spent in the Championship. No totally unusual FA Cup winners except perhaps Burnley in 2027.

Champions League, Watford 13x winners. Fulham have won it, Schalke twice, Arsenal. Europa League has Sampdoria, Leeds, Partizan, Brighton, Brentford, Stoke, Salzburg,

Chesterfield, Notts County Bury and Rotherham have all been in the PL. Forest Green currently in the Championship. Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Stockport, Bromley, Carlisle, Maidstone and Salford have previously reached this level. Newcastle haven't been in the PL for 60 years with a few trips down to League One and back. Wolves very similar to Newcastle's path.

Maidstone, Darlington and Sutton Utd are all in League one, Harrogate, Telford, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet, Chester, Boreham Wood, Chorley Boston Utd and York City have been here in the past too.

Havant & Waterlooville , FC United and Guiseley have been in League Two. Bristol City and Oxford have fallen to the Conference. MK Dons, Wigan and Sunderland have spent time in the Conference North. Gillingham, Wycombe, Plymouth and Colchester have been in the South

Have taken a job at Chester, 2 games left of the season in League 2 and im 4 points from safety lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Now in 2106

Proper started to turn in the 2060's...Weirdest season is a top 3 of Watford/Fulham/Brentford, shoutout to Blackburn for a 3rd there too lol

Watford have won it 16 times in that time. Fulham have finished in the top 3 in the last 15 seasons and counting. Brentford had a spell in the top 3 in the 80's. Man City not finished in the top 3 since 2058. Chelsea haven't finished outside the top 4 since 2035. Man City have spent 7 seasons in the Championship since the 70's but bounced back at the first time of asking every time. Liverpool Sky Bet Championship winners 2098. Arsenal have spent 22 seasons in the Championship in the last 30 years. A lot of PL records still stand from before 2018 but Watford now have the highest attendance at their 92k stadium. They also hold the record for most wins with 35.. most points with 106. As for Leicester, currently 18th in the PL with a 65/35 split of time spent in the Championship. No totally unusual FA Cup winners except perhaps Burnley in 2027.

Champions League, Watford 13x winners. Fulham have won it, Schalke twice, Arsenal. Europa League has Sampdoria, Leeds, Partizan, Brighton, Brentford, Stoke, Salzburg,

Chesterfield, Notts County Bury and Rotherham have all been in the PL. Forest Green currently in the Championship. Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Stockport, Bromley, Carlisle, Maidstone and Salford have previously reached this level. Newcastle haven't been in the PL for 60 years with a few trips down to League One and back. Wolves very similar to Newcastle's path.

Maidstone, Darlington and Sutton Utd are all in League one, Harrogate, Telford, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet, Chester, Boreham Wood, Chorley Boston Utd and York City have been here in the past too.

Havant & Waterlooville , FC United and Guiseley have been in League Two. Bristol City and Oxford have fallen to the Conference. MK Dons, Wigan and Sunderland have spent time in the Conference North. Gillingham, Wycombe, Plymouth and Colchester have been in the South

Have taken a job at Chester, 2 games left of the season in League 2 and im 4 points from safety lol

Won both games, both at home strangely enough, the final game being against 22nd place Northampton. Started 2pts behind them and obviously needed to win to send them down instead lol

22 hours ago, Walkers said:

Now in 2106

Presume Spurs haven't won the PL yet?

• Haha 1

Doing well on my Brentford save. Promoted first season and second season I finished 11th and won the FA Cup thanks to a series of absolute shit house 1-0 (25 yard header from someone who had never scored and my only shot on target being the pinnacle)

Got a pretty strong squad now.

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Doing well on my Brentford save. Promoted first season and second season I finished 11th and won the FA Cup thanks to a series of absolute shit house 1-0 (25 yard header from someone who had never scored and my only shot on target being the pinnacle)

Got a pretty strong squad now.

I’ve always enjoyed my B’s save. Always have a strong young squad with decent financial backing. I’ve done a save every year for the last three. Will be starting this seasons soon. Any advice on their squad? 

20 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I’ve always enjoyed my B’s save. Always have a strong young squad with decent financial backing. I’ve done a save every year for the last three. Will be starting this seasons soon. Any advice on their squad? 

I played 4-1-2-3 gegenpress and went on a crazy run that took me from 23rd to 2nd.

Watkins, Benrahma, Norgaard, Jensen, Digard, Henry, Pinock, Jansen and Raya are all very good in the championship.

I sold one of the other CBs to Brighton for a decent fee, Marcones in the second season and another RB that I can’t remember.

They have plenty of players you can shift out for a decent fee so it’s pretty decent with them.

Edited by Costock_Fox

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

you know you're going to cave in eventually, so you may as well just go ahead and do it now...

I think I'm about due an upgrade. I'm still playing 17 and think it's just a bit easy at this point. I've got this 4-3-1-2 tactic that feels like a gamebreaker. I've taken Oxford from League Two straight to the Premier League in consecutive seasons and we're looking like we'll finish midtable in that too, and have just beaten an Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, van Dijk riddled Man Utd 3-0. It's impossible that we're this good.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think I'm about due an upgrade. I'm still playing 17 and think it's just a bit easy at this point. I've got this 4-3-1-2 tactic that feels like a gamebreaker. I've taken Oxford from League Two straight to the Premier League in consecutive seasons and we're looking like we'll finish midtable in that too, and have just beaten an Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, van Dijk riddled Man Utd 3-0. It's impossible that we're this good.

A lot on the SI forums say 17 was the best of recent years but 18 was better imo. FM is either too hard or too easy in my experience

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

A lot on the SI forums say 17 was the best of recent years but 18 was better imo. FM is either too hard or too easy in my experience

I do like 17 but I feel like I've discovered this formation that's just unplayable, won a Serie A with Genoa pretty quickly too with it. Just won 1-5 at Leicester with a League One level centre half at right back. It's broken. It's far too easy. The squad I had out should be getting tanked in that game regardless of system.

Been a good run but I think I need a new challenge. Think I'm just gonna get 20.

On 15/01/2020 at 09:23, EnderbyFox said:

The match engine is still so flawed and it's incredibly frustrating that they still haven't brought out a suitable patch in the months since release. I guess that's what happens when you have literally no competition in the market :dunno:

• The 1 on 1's are so bad it's not even funny, Erling Haaland on my Leicester save will go 10 matches missing every 1 on 1 and then end up scoring 6 in the next game lol
  • Fancy playing anything other than an incredibly deep defensive line? Well unlucky, because every opposition CB on the game will pick out an inch perfect ball over the top (don't worry though 9 out of 10 times their striker will miss the 1 on 1) 
  • Want to sign a target man and 2 big bastard CB's? Well there is literally no point because you wont score any corners, this game isn't designed for any aspiring Sam Allardyce/Tony Pulis'
  • Oh you have a centre back with 17 passing do you? Well he will frequently forget what his team mates look like and slot a through ball to their attackers.

Just a few observations on the 3 seasons I've managed to struggle through since early December lol

Returning to this after the latest patch.... 

• 1v1's appear to now be a lot more consistent. 
  • Ball over the top is now less prevalent
  • There is now an abundance of set piece goals, probably too many to be fair but I wont complain lol (playing hoof ball and relying on set pieces is now a viable tactical choice)
  • Defenders still make silly errors but they are a lot less common. 

Game is a lot more enjoyable after the patch, much more variety in the goals. Shame it took them so long to implement.

I got it, I am enjoying it actually, doing a save with Bochum and currently 5th in January, winning 6 of my last 7 after seemingly discovering 4-4-1-1 wing play is pretty handy.

One slight issue though - anyone elses game default to full screen every time they open it again? It's not a major problem but I'd rather not have to change it back to windowed every time I start it, just annoying.