Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Stupid question time......

the last fm I had was 16. I seemed to play the more slimed down version on that more than the full game mode, 

I have noticed when looking to buy this years game you can buy the full game or touch. 

If I was to buy the full game would it still include an option to play touch like it did in fm16?

or are they now to 2 separate things?? 

1 hour ago, UrbanFox said:

Stupid question time......

the last fm I had was 16. I seemed to play the more slimed down version on that more than the full game mode, 

I have noticed when looking to buy this years game you can buy the full game or touch. 

If I was to buy the full game would it still include an option to play touch like it did in fm16?

or are they now to 2 separate things?? 

If you buy the full version, you get Touch included "free". Or you can buy Touch on it's own (lower price)

• Thanks 1

So, I've logged about 32 hours now. 

Some little stats here that are going to confirm what most people that read this thread know - I'm a sad case that plays this game far too much. Keep in mind I started playing FM with 2006, I think, back when Deek Riordan was the main man. I remember Lewandowski being THE £1m bargain, I remember Simon Church being the best striker in the world, I've seen Carlos Fierro, rise to dominance and disappear in to obscurity. I played 06-10 far more than I've ever played any Steam version, yet just seen since Steam I've logged:

2012: 748hrs

2013: 1076hrs

2015: 509hrs

2016: 389hrs

2017: 237hrs

2018: 155hrs

2019: 295hrs

So I think I'm qualified to say, without a shadow of a doubt, this is the single worst match engine I have ever, ever seen in this game. What the actual **** is this complete and total shambles. For the record, I had Werder second in the Bundesliga before swapping up to a Leicester save where I've gotten us second in the league, so I'm not moaning because I can't win but Jesus it's hideous. @Stadt was right, there are a lot less blocked crosses in this game. I didn't understand the full weight of that when he first posted it, I now realize it's because basically nobody crosses. It's the single mission of every player on the pitch to dribble it the whole way up the pitch, run in to the box at a stupid angle and blast it straight in to the side netting, regardless of options in the middle of the box, what role he's been assigned or what his instructions are.

Scanning through the SIG community forums, it looks like this is the majority consensus as well. Mess.

@Walkers just stay on 2019 mate.

I hahve to agree. i responed earlier in the thread saying i didnt see much wrong, but i have played more and more and as a journyman player i play a lot of lower league teams and thought it was because my players are shit, it cant be after this long, i conced way too many screamers, like 40 yeards out in the national league south, it doesnt happen that much, and they dont ever cross. no matter what. its frustrating, still winning but its annoying drawing 3-3 after 3 ridiculous shots in the last 3 minutes

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean I'm currently on 12 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss from 18 games and I've got the best attack in the league. Vardy is the league top scorer with 13.

Its not that results aren't going my way it just doesn't resemble football in the slightest. The decision making of every player is ridiculous, my centre backs have about twelve goals between them because corners are so lethal*. 

Long shots have gone back to being frankly insane. 

One on one's are pointless. You know the second they go through they've missed and it's not just your own team. I mean, that's how you know it's not your tactics, when all of the above applies to the AI as well. Boom, side netting, boom, one on one smashed straight at the keeper. Over and over and over. 

It's awful to watch, win, lose or draw. 

(*I'm not doing anything clever, BTW, if you're struggling for goals just make sure your tactic has your centre backs attacking both the front and back post and Madders is taking your corners.)

Edited by Finnegan

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So, I've logged about 32 hours now. 

Some little stats here that are going to confirm what most people that read this thread know - I'm a sad case that plays this game far too much. Keep in mind I started playing FM with 2006, I think, back when Deek Riordan was the main man. I remember Lewandowski being THE £1m bargain, I remember Simon Church being the best striker in the world, I've seen Carlos Fierro, rise to dominance and disappear in to obscurity. I played 06-10 far more than I've ever played any Steam version, yet just seen since Steam I've logged:

2012: 748hrs

2013: 1076hrs

2015: 509hrs

2016: 389hrs

2017: 237hrs

2018: 155hrs

2019: 295hrs

So I think I'm qualified to say, without a shadow of a doubt, this is the single worst match engine I have ever, ever seen in this game. What the actual **** is this complete and total shambles. For the record, I had Werder second in the Bundesliga before swapping up to a Leicester save where I've gotten us second in the league, so I'm not moaning because I can't win but Jesus it's hideous. @Stadt was right, there are a lot less blocked crosses in this game. I didn't understand the full weight of that when he first posted it, I now realize it's because basically nobody crosses. It's the single mission of every player on the pitch to dribble it the whole way up the pitch, run in to the box at a stupid angle and blast it straight in to the side netting, regardless of options in the middle of the box, what role he's been assigned or what his instructions are.

Scanning through the SIG community forums, it looks like this is the majority consensus as well. Mess.

@Walkers just stay on 2019 mate.

lol that playing time history has a similar downwards direction to mine but the last two years have probably gone up. I want to make the game load players from lower ranked countrys but you can't do that mid-game like you can add leagues

• Like 1

Eh, I'm skeptical but I'll give it a try. 

Nothing about the AI smashing wild balls from the back, the the huge over weighting towards dribbling in the decision making or the behaviour of all wide roles cutting in instead of crossing regardless of instructions. 

Edited by Finnegan

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

:\ that good. Care to elaborate?

well, they pass it around lovely now, but, and its a big butt, rather than running to the byline and shooting, then run intothe 18yard box and shoot, so they just changed the direction rather than the behavior. lost a game 4-1 where i had 3 CC's and 2 half chance, and the other team had 4 shots. AI 1on1's are working perfectly lol, not mine though. i dunno, i try not to whinge and moan about the matc hengine because there's usually still a way to enjoy the game, and i have just finished my first season at this club (its my 5th new save in FM20) so maybe my players are just that bad and shat themselves in the run-in, i rarely have success in my first season at a club. just feels cheap with all the chatter about stuff being broken. we'll see how season 2 goes if i remain at the club, signed some decent players that got released by premier clubs, but the board have no ambition and wont pay for my coaching badges.... so might leave since i kinda need those, its my number 1 gripe, not being able to pay for courses myself or insert them as a clause in contract, especially since every other mother****er in the coaching staff has been on a course this season!! (I play pentagon every year, no badges or experience)

• Sad 1

I've just started a save with Tonbridge Angels in the VNS and I definitely feel like there's fewer instances of players shooting from the byline, to the point I'd forgetten about that. No idea with one on ones though; hard to tell when you're expecting a guy with finishing 10 to be banging in 40 a season.

I think the general play is definitely better in this year's engine but it has been massively let down in the final third.

May seem very lame to most of you but even though I’m on a laptop I still enjoy Fm Touch and instant result the most. Fly through the seasons. However I’m in my third season, won 8 in a row and have 44 points halfway through the season and still only 4th because the teams above are insane. Arsenal played 19 won 17 drew lost 1, only conceded 4 goals! Man City have conceded 6. 

Maybe its becuase I hate myself, or maybe i was bored of looking for a job, or maybe, even though i have been rubbish at this years game i thought i could do his, I took this job.

I need title winning form to do this, and 2 of my best players are loaned out by the main club. I'm interested to see how this plays out, never managed a B team before

Alaves.jpg

Alaves 2.jpg

• Haha 1

4 wins and a draw in my first 7 games. 16th and 17th have a playoff, im 6 points off that now. Alaves "A" look like getting relegated to la liga smartbank, so if i fail, im going to go for that job if it comes up. its quite fun, i went into this expecting shit so i have been pleasantly surprised, we have an outside chance of staying up. team is decent but the main manager kkeeps nicking my players for his team at random times. i had to go 3 at the back once because he stole my only left back

• Haha 1