Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Different year, same old discussions!

But you suckers keep on buying!

Let me guess, 20 shots vs 1 but it ends up 0-1?

Unrealistic results in other games as match engine attempts to 'even out' results?

3 injuries a game?

Bizarre events preventing early success?

'Wait for the patch, it will be  better'

"This year, we have made it even better!"

"There's always next year"

Kaching, Kaching, Kaching"

Edited by somebum

5 hours ago, somebum said:

Different year, same old discussions!

But you suckers keep on buying!

Let me guess, 20 shots vs 1 but it ends up 0-1?

Unrealistic results in other games as match engine attempts to 'even out' results?

3 injuries a game?

Bizarre events preventing early success?

'Wait for the patch, it will be  better'

"This year, we have made it even better!"

"There's always next year"

Kaching, Kaching, Kaching"

Yes, it's shit, we are well aware. I like to buy the new ones around Christmas time and hope they've been patched and slighty sorted out, unfortunately this one doesn't seem to be.

In my first save on a new FM, I like to give myself a large amount of funds via the editor and see who I can sign, where I finish etc. It gives me a chance to muck about with the tactics and gauge the reputations on the game so I know who I can sign etc. Plus it's just fun to do, a Qatar oil takeover of Leicester. I ended up winning the Carabao cup, finishing 6th in my first season, signing Fabian from Napoli who was pretty good. Maddison and Vardy were my stand out players, they were both class.

• Like 1

Getting annoyed by how many injuries I keep getting, I nearly always have one or two key players out at a time.

I also keep drawing Liverpool in the cups (who are the best team on the game in my save). I've had them in the FA and League cup both times for two seasons running, in the earlier draws too like the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Getting annoyed by how many injuries I keep getting, I nearly always have one or two key players out at a time.

I also keep drawing Liverpool in the cups (who are the best team on the game in my save). I've had them in the FA and League cup both times for two seasons running, in the earlier draws too like the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Does anyone else start every season really slowly? By the 5th or 6th game I'm already like 8 or 9 points behind the leaders, which then means I've got too much to catch up towards the end of the season. I'm getting frustrated by how many chances I miss, if I fail to win I always have 20+ shots yet score 1 goal or none at all. I've never struggled this much on a FM, might just make a new career and try different tactics.

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Does anyone else start every season really slowly? By the 5th or 6th game I'm already like 8 or 9 points behind the leaders, which then means I've got too much to catch up towards the end of the season. I'm getting frustrated by how many chances I miss, if I fail to win I always have 20+ shots yet score 1 goal or none at all. I've never struggled this much on a FM, might just make a new career and try different tactics.

I only do instant result on touch, but the stats are crazy. Often have 40+ shots. 

I often started the season slowly then I set a lot of my team to play reserve games aswell and that seemed to help...no idea if that was just a coincidence or not.

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

I only do instant result on touch, but the stats are crazy. Often have 40+ shots. 

I often started the season slowly then I set a lot of my team to play reserve games aswell and that seemed to help...no idea if that was just a coincidence or not.

Yeah I'm the same I only do instant results because I don't like to invest huge amounts of time into the game like others do. Looks like it's not just me then it's the game engine, that's some comfort at least. I'm gonna try a variety of tactics and see how I get on.

22 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah I'm the same I only do instant results because I don't like to invest huge amounts of time into the game like others do. Looks like it's not just me then it's the game engine, that's some comfort at least. I'm gonna try a variety of tactics and see how I get on.

We got there in the end. Tried a different formation with a DM and two attacking midfields and I'm doing much much better.

Alright all. Been a while since I posted in a Football Manager topic! 

Just wanted to point you in the direction of my new website (look at me, ooo 'my new website'). I was bored of playing FM the same way every year but there was no way I was going to stop playing it because I just enjoyed it too much. Decided to try and come up with some new ways to play it, unique challenges, databases and custom clubs and share them on there. There's not many of them on there at the moment but like I say, it's new and a work in progress but I'm really enjoying it. It's giving me something to focus on if nothing else! lol January is never fun is it? Got to keep yourselves occupied.

Would love some feedback or comments on what you think. :thumbup:

http://fmideas.co.uk

Edit: Oh and if you have any ideas let me know! I really enjoy making these challenges so give me a shout if you've got something I can work with.

Edited by Ozwin
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Alright all. Been a while since I posted in a Football Manager topic! 

Just wanted to point you in the direction of my new website (look at me, ooo 'my new website'). I was bored of playing FM the same way every year but there was no way I was going to stop playing it because I just enjoyed it too much. Decided to try and come up with some new ways to play it, unique challenges, databases and custom clubs and share them on there. There's not many of them on there at the moment but like I say, it's new and a work in progress but I'm really enjoying it. It's giving me something to focus on if nothing else! lol January is never fun is it? Got to keep yourselves occupied.

Would love some feedback or comments on what you think. :thumbup:

http://fmideas.co.uk

Edit: Oh and if you have any ideas let me know! I really enjoy making these challenges so give me a shout if you've got something I can work with.

interesting set of challenges there mate, im still trying to complete a pentagon myself, maybe in 15 years when i finally do it, your site will be a treasure trove of new ideas for me to take on

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Bit of a struggle so far with Bolton can’t find a decent formation that works so gonna try some thing new tonight. 

Still on -2 points so need a few wins soon 

changing formation too oftewn can cause its own problems, stick with formation that utilised your best players in the coirrect roles and positions, and tweak the instructions

19 minutes ago, Beliall said:

changing formation too oftewn can cause its own problems, stick with formation that utilised your best players in the coirrect roles and positions, and tweak the instructions

I can usually get a formation and be set with it but just struggling on this one gonna try get back to one I can keep using tonight. Think Bolton are just rubbish 😂

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I can usually get a formation and be set with it but just struggling on this one gonna try get back to one I can keep using tonight. Think Bolton are just rubbish 😂

4-2-4 is my favoured formation in lower league. it can easily convert to 4-2-3-1 and that wierd 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) 

• Like 1

I've been playing FM for well over a decade and I'm experiencing something that's never happened before. Typically it's easy to improve year on year, if you have an understanding of CA and PA in terms of attributes (not the most fun but you can't unlearn it when you know). Meaning once I win the league one year, that's it; I'll just keep winning especially since I have a team of kids that will be way better than the year before.

For context I took Tonbridge to 5 consecutive promotions which isn't too hard when you get one decent player who'll make a bit of money, and somehow sneaking into the CL in my first season. Last few days of playing, I've been on a really patchy run of form (which obviously happens). But, the strange thing are the performances in those matches. I've gone from dominating possession in every division during the 6 seasons I've played, with really good discipline to now barely able to get 40% possession and my full backs in particular, getting caught out all the time and picking up at least a booking between them.

Obviously I'm glad for the challenge and whilst the losing is frustrating, it makes the success that much more. What's annoying me is that it's not like we're not quite playing to the style we've always done but somehow we seem completely incapable of even coming close. All my dynamics are well in the green too plus I've made some minor tactical adjustments like easing off tackles but even my victories are very unconvincing. It makes me think that they patched something but maybe I'm just overthinking things?

Finally putting a few wins together with Bolton took until February though 🙈 in and out the relegation zone but hopefully now I can just about sneak out by the end of the season. Loaned Oliver skipp from spurs and he has so many yellow cards already seems to get booked every game 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You can edit it at the start of every season. I don't think it can be altered halfway through a season.

I am at that point where you welcome players back. "Our aim for this season is..." and then I have to say "and I have submitted code of conduct" but when I press the conduct tab I can't seem to edit it.

So I guess I've missed the point to edit it?