Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

22 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Oh damn, now that I've seen they've released the update with the latest squads I'm gonna have to cave in lol

Should be able to get it a fair but cheaper now at least.

1 minute ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Just got it for about £23 on g2a

Decent.

I got fed up of waiting for the update so spent about 20 hours using the editor doing it all myself and then about 3 days later the update came in hahaha :claude:

Started with Leicester, currently on my 3rd season.

1st season I finished 7th, qualified for the Europa League.

2nd season I finished 13th and lost in the quarter finals to Liverpool in the Europa League (3-2 on aggregate).

3rd season, Tielemans went to Chelsea for £84m, Soyuncu to Wolves for £50m and Barnes to Norwich for £31m.

I’m sat 6th after 27 games.

7 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Started with Leicester, currently on my 3rd season.

1st season I finished 7th, qualified for the Europa League.

2nd season I finished 13th and lost in the quarter finals to Liverpool in the Europa League (3-2 on aggregate).

3rd season, Tielemans went to Chelsea for £84m, Soyuncu to Wolves for £50m and Barnes to Norwich for £31m.

I’m sat 6th after 27 games.

Did well to survive that second season! Although usually the Leicester board focus their expectations on Europe don’t they rather than the league (when you qualify in season 1 on fm20)?

19 hours ago, shanetko said:

Did well to survive that second season! Although usually the Leicester board focus their expectations on Europe don’t they rather than the league (when you qualify in season 1 on fm20)?

Yeah they weren’t amused by the league, but were chuffed with the Europa League performance.

Finished 4th, won the League cup & Europa League in my 3rd season.

I then lost Haaland & Martinez in the same window for a combined £187m!

On 26/02/2020 at 12:04, Dan LCFC said:

We're down. Totally collapsed and now need to win our last three - including over Bayern lol

The others have improved no end. Dusseldorf have turned over Dortmund, Bayern and Gladbach. Makes me sick.

Bochum 0-1 Bremen, and the fate is sealed.

Horrific.

In second season with us now. Finished 4th on last day to seal CL Football. Have sold Maddison to Arsenal for £95m since. Team almost unrecognisable but flying high again in season 2. 
Hopefully top 4 and CL QF. I won my 2 home CL games so far v Zenit and Roma but lost away at Lyon.

Still in League cup.

On 02/03/2020 at 00:55, shanetko said:

In second season with us now. Finished 4th on last day to seal CL Football. Have sold Maddison to Arsenal for £95m since. Team almost unrecognisable but flying high again in season 2. 
Hopefully top 4 and CL QF. I won my 2 home CL games so far v Zenit and Roma but lost away at Lyon.

Still in League cup.

Finished 2nd in the league in second season and lost to Liverpool in CL SF. Won the League Cup. Approaching hero status. 
Will all go wrong in the 3rd season no doubt! 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Dropped a huge clanger at Bochum trying to change to tiki-taka. ****ing awful it is. So much of the ball, so little created, I hate it.

Oh my god. First game back on wing play. 40% possession and we win 4-0. We are going up again.

It's quite strange - I went for tiki-taka as it suits our squad (supposedly) and made a few signings based around that, and we absolutely walloped a few sides early doors but we've been very quickly found out.

I'm such a tigharse. Spent all this time moaning about lack of money but I've got £8.5mil left in my budget this year, although it's largely helped by selling Bella-Kotchap to Leipzig for £9mil then getting him back on loan for nothing.

So whats the consensus on the game from those that have played for a while?

I have bought every version since 1992, when it came on a bunch of floppy disks for my Amiga (highlight was printing off a team of perfect 10/10 scores on my dot matrix printer)!!

Last 3 or 4 years I've bought a copy but not really played

2014 - 801 hours

2015 - 919 hours

2016 - 357 hours

2017 - 247 hours

2018 - 87 minutes

2019 - 276 hours

Reading the above posts has me tempted, though!! 

Just signed Gary Cahill on a free for Bochum. I'm the worst human being in the world. I do think a big reason I went up last time was having a proper leader like Patrick Fabian at the back - admittedly a very limited player but a real organiser and leader, couldn't have been a co-incidence we kept that many clean sheets.

Intrigued to see how this works.

22 hours ago, shanetko said:

Finished 2nd in the league in second season and lost to Liverpool in CL SF. Won the League Cup. Approaching hero status. 
Will all go wrong in the 3rd season no doubt! 

I’m in a big FFP hole now. Annoyingly Top keeps refusing to expand. Ironic given I guard against it in real life lol

Just sold Lucas Digne for £28m and might have to give in to the sharks circulating around some of my big guns.

Vardy has declined dramatically and his 140k a week wages are a drain. In the game I don’t feel as much loyalty to him right now as real life.

Sitting in 4th with Brentford and 10 games to go but still not convinced I’ll manage it. Also got the Carabou cup final coming up.

My attack is insane. I’ve got Thomas Buitink from the Dutch league who is insane (20 goals), Brewster on loan (13 goals), Tim Weah (10 goals) my favourited front 3 but then I’ve got a Ukrainian that I bought from Hungary for 1.7m who bangs them in when needed, Olly Watkins scores a few, Benrahma occasionally comes in and bags a hattrick to name a few.

I had a random Paraguay 18 year old called Sanabria that turned up out of the blue. No idea when I signed him but he’s going to be insane. Also got Daramy from Copenhagen out on loan that’s banging them in.

Crazy game.