Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bans

45 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sometimes, it pays to say thank you. 

I'll be sure to once mines lifted, if that happens. Right now I have no idea why it was even imposed, but I'm just gonna have to put up with the restriction and GC ban and wait as I can't see I'll get an answer out of @Mark

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sometimes, it pays to say thank you. 

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mine appears to have been lifted, or at least the GC part, so thanks @Mark

Thanks Mark for.....oh nothing, the ban remains. :D

49 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I would presume on the basis of equality all of the bans will be removed?

Seems unfair some are banned and now redeemed whilst others are still banned. 

Surely depends on the crime?

Although as the one who reported @Innovindil he should probably have his removed if it was based on that. I still don't believe his reasoning but outside that he's usually harmless.

Edited by Facecloth

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Nothing is forever, old boy. 

Are you writing in code here?

My ban is forever? I fear you may be correct. :P

Onto more serious questions: Why Maraud? Are you searching for ideas to steal and people to attack?

37 minutes ago, FIF said:

Are you writing in code here?

My ban is forever? I fear you may be correct. :P

Onto more serious questions: Why Maraud? Are you searching for ideas to steal and people to attack?

Ha ha no. At Manchester United away last season, a bunch of guys yelled it every time Maguire got the ball and ventured forward 😂

It amused me. 

On 01/10/2019 at 12:22, Facecloth said:

Looks like I'm banned from General chat now. On the basis I mentioned it was hypocritical to complain about reporting old allegations against Johnson whilst constantly posting old stuff about Trudeau. Complete joke. I wasn't offence, I wasn't libellous. Ridiculous. Who the hell have I upset? Who could I have upset?

On 01/10/2019 at 13:06, Facecloth said:

Ok fair enough, but a least you know what you are supposed to have done, even if you disagree with it. I have no idea.

Sounds familiar.

I got banned for a week (lol) after posting a topic of Puel being sacked but using an old tweet. No warning, at all. No message. No communication. I get mods/admins are busy folk so don't get me wrong and I love the job they do here keeping things ticking over because it really can't be easy with so many different personas/people and opinions/views that come with them, but I had to go searching for answers of why I was banned (excessively so, too). I personally don't think it should be like that. I can't help but think that, based on the reasoning I was eventually given, I was being 'monitored' and that topic I made was the straw that broke the camel's back. But it would have been fair (?) to speak to me beforehand if my way of posting was not to be approved?

Anyway, that was quite a while ago so it's obviously all in the past but it's not exactly encouraging to see that other people still suffer the same fate...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sounds familiar.

I got banned for a week (lol) after posting a topic of Puel being sacked but using an old tweet. No warning, at all. No message. No communication. I get mods/admins are busy folk so don't get me wrong and I love the job they do here keeping things ticking over because it really can't be easy with so many different personas/people and opinions/views that come with them, but I had to go searching for answers of why I was banned (excessively so, too). I personally don't think it should be like that. I can't help but think that, based on the reasoning I was eventually given, I was being 'monitored' and that topic I made was the straw that broke the camel's back. But it would have been fair (?) to speak to me beforehand if my way of posting was not to be approved?

Anyway, that was quite a while ago so it's obviously all in the past but it's not exactly encouraging to see that other people still suffer the same fate...?

Catch 22 I guess. I think letting people know they are posting in a way that could lead to banning would be nice, but I can see why constantly warning people would be time consuming. But if as you say you were being monitored then I see no reason why a quick message wouldn't be more time consuming.

Part of me thinks any reporting of a post is upheld regardless of the severity of the indiscretion, or even if there is one, but I'll never really know. 

I think most of us are fine, most posters say something every now and then that they know will push buttons and piss people off, but we can't ban everyone, and overall its harmless and people aren't that bothered. Persistent trolling such as wortho in the Brexit thread, that's what bans should be for surely.

Edited by Facecloth

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Catch 22 I guess. I think letting people know they are posting in a way that could lead to banning would be nice, but I can see why constantly warning people would be time consuming. But if as you say you were being monitored then I see no reason why a quick message wouldn't be more time consuming.

Part of me thinks any reporting of a post is upheld regardless of the severity of the indiscretion, or even if there is one, but I'll never really know. 

I think most of us are fine, most posters say something every now and then that they know will push buttons and piss people off, but we can't ban everyone, and overall its harmless and people aren't that bothered. Persistent trolling such and wortho in the Brexit thread, that's what bans should be for surely.

I'd have thought so. I wonder what would have happened if I'd reported the person who called me a 'terrorist sympathiser' totally randomly. May have been Wortho?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'd have thought so. I wonder what would have happened if I'd reported the person who called me a 'terrorist sympathiser' totally randomly. May have been Wortho?

It was. I actually did. 

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think most of us are fine, most posters say something every now and then that they know will push buttons and piss people off, but we can't ban everyone, and overall its harmless and people aren't that bothered. Persistent trolling such as wortho in the Brexit thread, that's what bans should be for surely.

Easy way to prove that false is to report a post by Finners, he won't be banned.

I'm sure that Mark keeps his eye on certain posters rather than the severity of posts. That's his right, would be nice to know why and for how long though.

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've never reported anyone else on here.

Had one or two of my posts removed.

The mods must have their reasons, it's cool, no problem.

It's a forum.

Life's too short to worry much.

I nearly reported you on twitter for saying Coady should be in the England squad.

• Haha 2

Some people take this forum way to seriously.

23 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've never reported anyone else on here.

Had one or two of my posts removed.

The mods must have their reasons, it's cool, no problem.

It's a forum.

Life's too short to worry much.

:thumbup:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal