Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bans

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

This is why Politics topics end up closed, the warning was there in the first post to try to give it a chance.

At this rate Politics discussion will just have to be shut down completely.

Sounds like a good idea. Do we get unbanned if the politics thread is closed? 

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Sounds like a good idea. Do we get unbanned if the politics thread is closed? 

Yeah, ideally if the ban was removed you or whoever was banned would avoid the topic that caused the ban in the first place, it doesn't happen though.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You deserved it though. You were purposely trolling regarding the question of wages rising. I wasn't trolling, I wasn't offending or anything. Banning people is fine it the complaint holds up, not just banning every time some one complains.

At the start I wasn't, I was genuinely baffled how my answer to a single question got you wound up so bad. Then when you explained that Carl just didn't quote I even apologised. Dunno what more you want from me tbh. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Yeah, ideally if the ban was removed you or whoever was banned would avoid the topic that caused the ban in the first place, it doesn't happen though.

Well if I promise to never post in the politics thread can I get unbanned? Miss the kodi thread right now. :D

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

At the start I wasn't, I was genuinely baffled how my answer to a single question got you wound up so bad. Then when you explained that Carl just didn't quote I even apologised. Dunno what more you want from me tbh. 

Well no, you responded to a post about wage rises since the brexit vote. The next post Carl asked who's wages has risen and you replied to that stating minimum wage had gone up. So you clearly know what you were doing.

See I know exactly why you were banned. I know why others were like Buce. I genuinely can't work out how my posts broke any rules to result in a ban. Don't expect an answer either.

I'll also point out I know I've had arguments with Leicester_Loyal in the past, and i was worried that would see me banned, but I put him on ignore.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Well no, you responded to a post about wage rises since the brexit vote. The next post Carl asked who's wages has risen and you replied to that stating minimum wage had gone up. So you clearly know what you were doing.

I really didn't. I don't look at past posts when reading replies. When I click a topic it just auto takes me to the one I haven't read. Considering I read pretty much every thread in gen chat, I don't keep track of everything that's been said before. I thought he was just asking a question, hence my answer. Even after my ban, I provided a link in here to a question asked in that exchange that I didn't have the answer to at the time (the one about how construction workers were getting on). Again, dunno what more you want from me. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I really didn't. I don't look at past posts when reading replies. When I click a topic it just auto takes me to the one I haven't read. Considering I read pretty much every thread in gen chat, I don't keep track of everything that's been said before. I thought he was just asking a question, hence my answer. Even after my ban, I provided a link in here to a question asked in that exchange that I didn't have the answer to at the time (the one about how construction workers were getting on). Again, dunno what more you want from me. 

Ok fair enough, but a least you know what you are supposed to have done, even if you disagree with it. I have no idea.

41 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know how @FIF feels now. You ask a direct question to a mod, they find the time to reply to someone who's posted after you, but can't be bothered to reply to you. Charming :(

Tbf Mark loves me. Never met him or spoke to him outside of this short exchange, or even know if his real name is even Mark. But we have a connection. 

The simple solution here is to just give me webbo's job of policing gen chat with the iron fist of anything goes. :thumbup:

52 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know how @FIF feels now. You ask a direct question to a mod, they find the time to reply to someone who's posted after you, but can't be bothered to reply to you. Charming :(

I'm afraid Mark ignores me even if I send him direct messages. I think I must be special. 

It seems strange that the positive points of some posters are completely ignored when bans are handed out - I'm not talking about myself here btw. Also the general chat is for a different sort of interaction than the football so not sure why some people decide they need "to report" posters. The politics thread is unique and anyone going in there MUST know what they are letting themselves in for. Most of the rest of Gen chat is people helping others out and sharing common interests - yet we're banned from it. Those who are only here for Football stay in football, the real life of the board is in gen chat. Sadly it's lost a lot of its life recently. The sharing and caring and helping is being affected.

Maybe Mark has Cummings advising him on forum policy.

Just now, Samilktray said:

Wouldn’t be a bad thing

Why? If people don't like it just don't go in it, then you won't be offended. There are lots of threads - some very popular - that I never visit. Leave the politics thread to those who want to discuss it.

@Facecloth take it from someone that knows, Mark's done you a favour.

Self reflect, ban yourself from the politics thread, go make yourself a cup of tea every time you catch yourself wanting to post in there. 

You'll be way happier long term. Nobody needs that. 

You can't change anyone's mind, it's just a roundabout of people yelling entrenched views at each other. I slip occasionally and fall off the wagon but by and large I gave it up years ago and I don't regret it. 

• Like 3

Just now, FIF said:

Why? If people don't like it just don't go in it, then you won't be offended. There are lots of threads - some very popular - that I never visit. Leave the politics thread to those who want to discuss it.

I’m not offended by it, but quite clearly it’s more hassle than it’s worth judging by this thread 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Facecloth take it from someone that knows, Mark's done you a favour.

Self reflect, ban yourself from the politics thread, go make yourself a cup of tea every time you catch yourself wanting to post in there. 

You'll be way happier long term. Nobody needs that. 

You can't change anyone's mind, it's just a roundabout of people yelling entrenched views at each other. I slip occasionally and fall off the wagon but by and large I gave it up years ago and I don't regret it. 

He hasn't though has he. I can't self ban because I'm completely banned from General chat, for a non trolling, non offensive post, or at least I thought so. I could have been warned and then chose to reflect and then to self ban. And had I known such a tame post would bring on a sanction I would happily never post in there again.

To add to it when directly asked what rule I broke, he ignores me, so again, can't self reflect as I'm non the wiser as to what I actually did, and that behaviour may then move unknowingly into other areas of the forum. I understand in the past that it's been stated that giving a reason for every banning would create too much work, but I asked like half an hour after I was banned, and was just ignored.

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I’m not offended by it, but quite clearly it’s more hassle than it’s worth judging by this thread 

It's clearly not more hassle than it's worth for those posting there. They enjoy it and it really isn't harming anyone. I understand a cooling off period for some actions but I'm sure you'd agree that there are many more personal comments made towards posters in the football section where it'd be better that there were none than in one politics thread. I'd also argue that having that in the politics thread gives containment and a no-go area for those who want that. To be clear, from a personal point,  I don't think my ban has anything to do with the politics thread, I was more an interested spectator there, and not being able to post in it ( or it not existing) wouldn't worry me.

My reason for starting this thread was to ask for knowledge of length of ban, I've long ago given up expecting to be told why I was banned. 7 pages later I still have no answer and no idea.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, FIF said:

I think GC would work better with subsections. 

Have a "kids" section for the love island stuff etc then an "adults" section etc for the politics stuff - then you enter the latter at your own risk with little or no moderation.

Mark told me he'd tried to make it possible to ban someone from a particular thread but it had to be the entire subsection of the forum.

He also told me he saw me from about 150 yards away at the match once and thought I was pretty sexy. 

He's not wrong m8s.