Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bans

I cant post in the politics thread.

But safe to say this is the absolute lamest response ive ever heard to a post:

1 hour ago, Winchesterfox said:

Michael Gove said it a couple of months before the referendum  :'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want'   One of the many lies Brexiter politicians told about how easy and advantageous leaving would be.  There are loads more on Google.

You're right that the UK is a net contributor, but there is no chance the EU will bend to UK demands that break its founding principles or undermine the Good Friday Agreement.  The days of empire and WWII are long gone.  We are not as powerful or as important to Europe as Brexiter politicians think we are.  

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

First point, he may well have said that however many of hours of debates were held and you are hanging on the words of one Politician, didn't hear that personally and certainly didn't influence my decision.

Second point that's an unfounded assumption.

No one was hanging on the word of ONE politician on the leave side.

Every single prominent leaver said:

We would get benefits that are impossible

That it would be easy

That the EU would bend over backwards to do whatever we wanted because of German cars and defecits and something something

Some like Farage have done a complete 360 by repeatedly saying we could be like Norway only to now say they want "clean break" brexit

Some like Daniel Hannan said "only an idiot is talking about leaving the single market".

This guy obviously missed all of that but voted brexit.

Wonder who he listened to?

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Don't be like that. It's genuinely one of my favourite threads at the moment.

It's become the place where users go to have a pop at other users, and it seems like the mods haven't copped on.

Shut it fatso !! ...   :)

Just now, RoboFox said:

Don't be like that. It's genuinely one of my favourite threads at the moment.

It's become the place where users go to have a pop at other users, and it seems like the mods haven't copped on.

I'm sure that the mods are watching it closely and realise that my perfectly reasonable thread asking about length and reason for bans is a valid thread that hasn't been answered yet and then been usurped by others for their own evil wishes. They probably think it is better to keep it here than let those people derailing my thread go elsewhere to derail. I think the politics discussion probably just shows that they should let us all back into the gen chat thread.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Shut it fatso !! ...   :)

Well... That's the last time I send you nudes, CF.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I'm sure that the mods are watching it closely and realise that my perfectly reasonable thread asking about length and reason for bans is a valid thread that hasn't been answered yet and then been usurped by others for their own evil wishes. They probably think it is better to keep it here than let those people derailing my thread go elsewhere to derail. I think the politics discussion probably just shows that they should let us all back into the gen chat thread.

I don't disagree, man. It's just also a wonderfully entertaining read. x

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Also, I've seen the notion of an 'inner circle' of users being posed on here loads of times over the years. Are these guys supposed to know each other outside of the anonymity of FT or something?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Also, I've seen the notion of an 'inner circle' of users being posed on here loads of times over the years. Are these guys supposed to know each other outside of the anonymity of FT or something?

Have you heard of the illuminati? 

Like that but with less money, power, or motive. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

They all go dogging second Thursday of every month. They’re the ones at a match still wearing the Collymore shirt

I wear a Collymore shirt, I wondered why people were winking at me!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Finnergans lot innit :whistle:

To clear up the myth about the apparent  “inner circle” as some muppet once decided to label a few posters as belonging to. it’s a totally non existence set of members  who get to do what they want without facing any repercussions. Although strangely it’s only ever me and @Finnegan that ever get accused of being in it....which makes it a pretty shit circle. I guess you could probably throw Nick in there and make it a triangle at a push. 

In reality, some folk on here aren’t clever enough to be able to fathom why they get banned and others don’t. So clearly they must be well In with the mods. Not because they generally keep themselves to themselves most weeks try to chip with a bit of insight. As oppose to just winding up a different member of the forum every week and starting pointless arguements. 

To give away my secret, it’s because while I may react to provocation, I don’t hurl insults at anyone who has done nothing to warrant it (you will always get a ear full for going after my spelling in particular as im sick of it)  or say, accuse them of racism without literally any basis whatsoever.  

if I had even the slightest sway with the moderation team, the person responsible would be facing some serious time our from this forum as a result (what they deserve) But I don’t, I think Grewkes has had his account suspended off the back of one of the three complaints I have made to the moderation team in my entire time on here for turning the boxing thread upside down with bull shit. The other was to report El Empty for Holocaust Denial, which nothing was done about, and last weeks incident. Which after many many years has left me considering whether it’s time to stop posting on the main forum.

It is quite sad to see how many people seem to be laughing and joking about it to be honest. I appreciate this is the internet and should only be taken so seriously, but I’ve been here a long time, organised forum events and attended forum events and had a great time playing football, having a pint, and attending games with people of many different nationalities and race as part of those events, including numerous of posters of Asian decent. 

I wouldn’t even mind if he could share exactly what it is I’ve said, if I’ve accidentally said something that could be perceived in that way I’ll be the first to apologise.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

To clear up the myth about the apparent  “inner circle” as some muppet once decided to label a few posters as belonging to. it’s a totally non existence set of members  who get to do what they want without facing any repercussions. Although strangely it’s only ever me and @Finnegan that ever get accused of being in it....which makes it a pretty shit circle. I guess you could probably throw Nick in there and make it a triangle at a push. 

In reality, some folk on here aren’t clever enough to be able to fathom why they get banned and others don’t. So clearly they must be well In with the mods. Not because they generally keep themselves to themselves most weeks try to chip with a bit of insight. As oppose to just winding up a different member of the forum every week and starting pointless arguements. 

To give away my secret, it’s because while I may react to provocation, I don’t hurl insults at anyone who has done nothing to warrant it (you will always get a ear full for going after my spelling in particular as im sick of it)  or say, accuse them of racism without literally any basis whatsoever.  

if I had even the slightest sway with the moderation team, the person responsible would be facing some serious time our from this forum as a result (what they deserve) But I don’t, I think Grewkes has had his account suspended off the back of one of the three complaints I have made to the moderation team in my entire time on here for turning the boxing thread upside down with bull shit. The other was to report El Empty for Holocaust Denial, which nothing was done about, and last weeks incident. Which after many many years has left me considering whether it’s time to stop posting on the main forum.

It is quite sad to see how many people seem to be laughing and joking about it to be honest. I appreciate this is the internet and should only be taken so seriously, but I’ve been here a long time, organised forum events and attended forum events and had a great time playing football, having a pint, and attending games with people of many different nationalities and race as part of those events, including numerous of posters of Asian decent. 

I wouldn’t even mind if he could share exactly what it is I’ve said, if I’ve accidentally said something that could be perceived in that way I’ll be the first to apologise.

I rue the day I left the inner circle to form an even more secret and powerful clique. It’s not even circular but it’s about as ‘inner’ as you can get. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I rue the day I left the inner circle to form an even more secret and powerful clique. It’s not even circular but it’s about as ‘inner’ as you can get. 

I think you'll find the it was called the Swan Lesta's in your day.

Although you got a ban every other week so I am not sure why folk thought you got special treatment.

• Like 1

Ignores a poster, follows them round the forum repping everyone who disagrees with them for an entire day and posts the fact they are on ignore (like anyone is talking to them anyway as I'm talking about him not too him) for, well I have no idea what his reasons are.

Think it pretty clear the level of individual we are dealing with here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

So you didn't go through with your childish threat/promise not to come to the board anymore, would have made it hard for your personal vendetta to  continue despite me not responding to you, wouldn't it? 

Perhaps time to get over yourself before your make yourself look even more silly.

"ignore" is your friend.

Just through on DM.....

As you can all see he's doing a great job of "ignoring me." 

I'd say it's more like Stalking myself. Followed round the forum, expected to care his ignored me, then when that doesn't work, private messages.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just through on DM.....

As you can all see he's doing a great job of "ignoring me." 

I'd say it's more like Stalking myself. Followed round the forum, expected to care his ignored me, then when that doesn't work, private messages.

Sorry @FIF if that's what you sent Manwell that's totally out of order. He asked you to back up your claim he was racist, you never did, and now you're sending him that. I've often backed you when you've asked for answers about your ban, but you don't help yourself by doing shit like this.

• Like 2