Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ken usually does.  Has everyone gone for dinner? Not many bums on seats.

sir Bill Cash talking sense as well.

From listening to the radio,the vote should be about 10'ish,so expect all the big hitters to turn up at 9.30'ish.......Just shows they have better thing's to do:nono:

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is probably in shock that anyone could propose such a pathetic proposal as the one in front the MPs tomorrow.  It literally hands the keys to the EU.  If they block an election now it will be an outrage of the highest order.  And my money is on Boris winning that election with a decent majority.  

Another poll out today indicating a majority of over 100 and that's with the Brexit Party putting up a full compliment.  No wonder Corbyn and Swinson are on the run.  Whose trashing democracy again?

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Another poll out today indicating a majority of over 100 and that's with the Brexit Party putting up a full compliment.  No wonder Corbyn and Swinson are on the run.  Whose trashing democracy again?

With all due respect, biding for the right time before agreeing to an election is hardly trashing democracy. 

I don’t disagree with you on much but that seems to be a bit of a stretch.

If there was an election, I genuinely have no idea who to vote for.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

With all due respect, biding for the right time before agreeing to an election is hardly trashing democracy. 

I am the same.

Boris and Nigel are my least preferred candidates. But I don't think I could bring myself to vote for Corbyn this time around - his uselessness in opposition is part of the reason that we're in this mess. I was leaning towards Lib Dems, but I don't think a Swinson-led Lib Dems particularly appeals to me either.

I'll probably just end up writing lots of expletives over my polling card. Or maybe a nice poem. I haven't decided yet.

Or maybe I'll just go Green. 'Cus save the planet, and all that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You're suggesting Labour and the Liberal Democrats may block a General Election because 'they are biding for the right time'?  Not because they know they'll lose?  When is the right time for a GE exactly?  

You're a leaver aren't you not?  Why would you consider anyone else but the Conservatives?  At this time a vote for the Brexit Party risks splitting the leave vote.

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

A majority of over 100?  Optimistic lol

I don't see how any poll can claim accuracy considering the current climate.  We've never seen the likes of it so, pretty much like what Bojo says, I take it with a pinch of salt.

Not from Boris, last two polls since proroguing have given him a 10 and 11 point lead over Labour, giving him a projected majority of between 106 and 112.

https://twitter.com/britainelects

Sure as you say things can change but such polls strenghten his hand whatever happens over the next few days.

"The UK hasn't put forward yet ANY REALISTIC ALTERNATIVE PROPOSAL in order to replace the backstop, not even a draft. The 'level of ambition' looks lower if compared with the past administrations" - EU sources to Italian main news agency

"Sky News has learned the Brexit negotiating team under Boris Johnson has been reduced to less than a quarter of the size of the team under Theresa May"

See? All talk of a deal is BS and there is no mandate for 'No Deal'.

Looking at this from a local perspective, a Tory area for generations, which went heavily with the Brexit Party at the Euros - will they follow suit and vote Brexit in the GE?

The same question will be asked all over the country, no doubt.

Both the Tories and Labour are not in a position to be trusted at all and neither will get my vote.  Where do we go from here?  

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Rees-Mogg can't even be arsed to sit up straight while people share legitimate concerns about food and medicine shortages, and constituents who might literally die as a result. He can be as erudite as he likes but the cvnt has no dignity.

Did he have really have his head down and his feet's on the seat's?Just seen it!

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

How can you vote the conservatives right now? They are a shambles and Boris Johnson is behaving in a way I could never support. Ditto for Labour.

Who knows who the brexit party candidate will be and whether they will be vetted. I don’t need to explain on the Lib Dem’s or greens. The whole landscape is a mess. The few politicians left I have a modicum of respect for, I strongly disagree with :nigel:

What, as in actually wanting to finally implement the result of the referendum after three long years of infighting and uncertainty?  It hasn't dawned on you yet that Parliament will never vote for us to actually leave unless it's watered down to such an extent that we needn't have bothered?

The perceived shambles is completely the fault of those in the Conservatives who originally voted remain but proceeded to stand on a manifesto in 2017 to restore control over our laws, borders and trade, and that no deal was better than a bad deal, and then proceeded to betray that pledge in the hope of overturning the result.  

What we will see tonight will hopefully be a new dawn for the Conservatives  :fc:

• Haha 3