Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have literally no idea what you are watching.  Both their speeches were nonsense.

One had specific questions and comment regarding political topics and the other had hot air, rhetoric and generic retorts bearing no detail and no real relation to the legitimate questions asked.

I'm no fan of JC but if you can't see that Boris is out of his depth John buddy from questions across the house, I've no idea what you are watching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

He is probably in shock that anyone could propose such a pathetic proposal as the one in front the MPs tomorrow.  It literally hands the keys to the EU.  If they block an election now it will be an outrage of the highest order.  And my money is on Boris winning that election with a decent majority.  

All that maybe John and thats a fair opinion.... but its not shock that you are witnessing - it's the performance of a man who's simply not fit to lead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is probably in shock that anyone could propose such a pathetic proposal as the one in front the MPs tomorrow.  It literally hands the keys to the EU.  If they block an election now it will be an outrage of the highest order.  And my money is on Boris winning that election with a decent majority.  

Come off it, Jon, you're better than that.

It's not incompatible to be a Tory yet recognize Bozo is a clown.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

I thought Labour were the anti-semites?

You couldn't make it up. lol

Observant Jews chose not to cannot vote on this day because activities associated with work - including writing - are prohibited by an ancient book on major festivals.

Number 10 has not yet commented.

David Landy, a religiously observant Jew who lives in Hendon, north-west London, will choose to not vote in person if an election is held on that day.

He says: "I am astounded that someone at No 10 has not got access to a Jewish calendar."

So that's every one of the thousands of denominations of the thousands of religions that the Government should be consulting before organising elections.

The worst thing here is that England are actually playing away in Bulgaria that night!

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

So that's every one of the thousands of denominations of the thousands of religions that the Government should be consulting before organising elections.

The worst thing here is that England are actually playing away in Bulgaria that night!

When I was travelling in Israel, I met a guy who paid his way by switching on lights and ovens for some sects of observant Jews on Shabbat; apparently, it's ok to have lights on but the act of switching them on is regarded as work/igniting a flame both of which are forbidden. I believe that since then Rabbinical authorities have ruled that setting a timer in advance is ok.

I try not to make judgements about religious beliefs but it all seems rather absurd, doesn't it?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

When I was travelling in Israel, I met a guy who paid his way by switching on lights and ovens for some sects of observant Jews on Shabbat; apparently, it's ok to have lights on but the act of switching them on is regarded as work/igniting a flame both of which are forbidden. I believe that since then Rabbibical authorities have ruled that setting a timer in advance is ok.

I try not to make judgements about religio beliefs but it all seems rather absurd, doesn't it?

I honestly think it's impossible to not make judgements, especially when people have such hilarious beliefs and practices like that.

In fact I find it disrespectful to me to expect me to respect that. It's like asking a person with Tourettes to not swear.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly think it's impossible to not make judgements, especially when people have such hilarious beliefs and practices like that.

In fact I find it disrespectful to me to expect me to respect that. It's like asking a person with Tourettes to not swear.

It's not that I respect their beliefs, rather I respect their right to have them, as long as it causes no harm to others.

• Like 3

Regarding the Operation Yellowhammer document:

"Mr Gove, minister for no-deal planning, had been expected to publish extracts of the document on Tuesday as part of his efforts to prepare the UK for the possibility of Brexit taking place without an agreement on 31 October.

Government officials worked throughout the weekend overhauling the Operation Yellowhammer document, and Mr Gove had hoped to use the work to prove that he had a grip on potential no-deal problems.

But, on Monday, Mr Gove and fellow cabinet ministers decided to abandon Tuesday’s publication of the document. “The meeting didn’t go well,” said one person close to the meeting. “The whole thing was seen as far too pessimistic about no deal.”

Financial Times.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I have to admit I've just enjoyed seeing Theresa May smiling and jolly on the benches next to Ken Clarke.

For her many faults, she was determinedly dogged (in the extreme) and rode through an unimaginable workload and pressure. 

I thought the same.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Come off it, Jon, you're better than that.

It's not incompatible to be a Tory yet recognize Bozo is a clown.

Yep. Most Tories accepted Thatcher was a bitch. Even several members of the cabinet.

Edited by Parafox

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is probably in shock that anyone could propose such a pathetic proposal as the one in front the MPs tomorrow.  It literally hands the keys to the EU.  

As I said in the previous thread, it isn't an ideal solution. I don't think anyone thinks it's an ideal solution.

But they clearly think a no-deal Brexit is far more harmful to the country; they are simply choosing the lesser of two evils. Nothing pathetic about wanting to do what's best for your country, and the people in it.

• Like 2