Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

He won't get a majority now.

Farage will fight the Tories in every seat if Bozo doesn't leave on October 31st.

Sad thing is we'll end up with some bodged coalition with each party pulling in a different direction, leaving us in an even bigger mess 

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It won’t matter.  When Boris has his majority he can rip it up in a day.

Then you guarantee no deal.  Congratulations remainers!

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Election will be on the 14th of October, promising leave on the 31st deal or not; Farage will fall in line I think.

For an educated man, Jon, you're very naive about politics.

No offence intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sad thing is we'll end up with some bodged coalition with each party pulling in a different direction, leaving us in an even bigger mess 

Anyone but the Tories will do me.

They don't represent people like us, they represent people like Rees-Smug.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Election will be on the 14th of October, promising leave on the 31st deal or not; Farage will fall in line I think.

But surely the election won't be on the 14th if the opposition don't approve an election at this stage? Is there a quick enough way round that for Lord Snooty and his bumbling buddy?

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Anyone but the Tories will do me.

They don't represent people like us, they represent people like Rees-Smug.

Honestly, at this point I'm not confident any of them do it will represent people. 

Pretty much every party says they'll support students or recent graduates; they get votes and then they start shitting on us. 

Just now, Donk said:

I dont care how long the can is kicked.

Kick the f**king can for the next 20 years if necessary.

As long as it means for absolutely no reason and no fault, people become needlessly poorer, exposed to diminishing choice, security and rights.

Unless you go back to the people and SPECIFICALLY no deal gets a majority then itll keep being voted down.

It doesnt enhance our chances of getting a deal to hang onto this notion we have to walk away. Its quite clear walking away into a worse situation a majority doesnt want is not enhancing our chances of a deal.

Going back to the people could resolve the whole issue and yet it always meets resistance

That's because it will just bring a whole new level of chaos IMO

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly, at this point I'm not confident any of them do it will represent people. 

Pretty much every party says they'll support students or recent graduates; they get votes and then they start shitting on us. 

Trust me, no party but the Tories would try and tell us we should be grateful to be made to work until we're 75.

That alone should make you oppose them.

• Like 1

Just now, TK95 said:

it sets a dangerous precedent if the result of a referendum is not honoured

That's one of the biggest worries for me.

If we turn round and ignore the referendum, what's stopping governments in the future ignoring others when they don't get their own way? 

Was stupid in the first place having the damn referendum in its format. Especially when neither side were shown to be fully playing fair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ken Clarke and Nicholas Soames (true conservatives) fuming on newsnight right now as they're about to be kicked out of the Conservative Party. I may not agree with their political views however they've put the country before their corrupt, sh1tshow of a disaster capitalist political party and for that they must be commended.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Complete shambles and a lot of people will soon lose faith in politics if they haven't already.

Whichever side people are on, it sets a dangerous precedent if the result of a referendum is not honoured.

Democracy fails big time.

How can you have a referendum and then not honour the result?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That's one of the biggest worries for me.

If we turn round and ignore the referendum, what's stopping governments in the future ignoring others when they don't get their own way? 

Was stupid in the first place having the damn referendum in its format. Especially when neither side were shown to be fully playing fair.  

Amplified it because I agree so strongly. And I'm not even a ****ing Brexiteer. Everything about the referendum was ****ing criminal for the gravity of what was being asked. David Cameron has royally ****ed us.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Nobody voted for that shit.

Tbh nobody particularly knew what they were voting for. 

The 'end goal' was so deformed behind all the lies and slogans that no one knows what they were voting for. 

People focused on a few policies and almost ignored the others due to their main 'issue' being ticked 

8 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Complete shambles and a lot of people will soon lose faith in politics if they haven't already.

Whichever side people are on, it sets a dangerous precedent if the result of a referendum is not honoured.

But is a deomcratic decision really democratic if what was promised wasn't based on facts of entirely misleading? Bit of a philosophical quandry, that. 

If I gave the kids in my class a vote -  "We can go to the park or go into Loughborough, but Loughborough fair is on", and then when we got to Loughborough we went shoe shopping at Clarks instead, then they'd be pretty pissed off, no matter how many times I yelled "respect the will of the people" at them.

'Cus that's what Brexit is like. Although, not quite as expensive as Clarks.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1