Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It's worth getting it through just to see the reaction of the peoples vote marchers. Will be some hilarious videos about anyway but that will tip a lot of them over the edge.

Imagine Caroline Lucas, crusties being dragged off the tube and Brexit in one week? I can see her pooing on the green benches and rubbing it on herself in protest. 

If it’s the EU that comes to the brexit rescue by blocking an extension, that will be a glorious irony all round. It almost makes me want to be a part of that club lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Potential being the key word. None of us can predict the future.

Yes we can, we do it all the time. If we sold all our key players in the summer and replaced them with players from the Championship, I'd predict we would go down. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Yes we can, we do it all the time. If we sold all our key players in the summer and replaced them with players from the Championship, I'd predict we would go down. 

Like the predictions about 800,000 job losses if we voted to leave? Fast forward 3 years and employment is at an all time high...

You can predict, it doesn't mean you're going to be right or anywhere even close to the correct answer.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Like the predictions about 800,000 job losses if we voted to leave? Fast forward 3 years and employment is at an all time high...

You can predict, it doesn't mean you're going to be right or anywhere even close to the correct answer.

People have had this discussion a million times already but there is a difference between predicting the aftermath of an advisory referendum and actually leaving on set terms. 

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Or like when we appointed Ranieri and some people thought we would go down.

None of us know what is going to happen.  

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What set terms though? We have absolutely no idea what's contained within this deal.

Well we do. It's more or less the same deal that we were told "only a defeated country" would sign. And we are effectively ceding (or "surrendering", if you prefer that word) Northern Ireland. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

85 days all in to bring it back.

Not bad for someone who didn't want a deal going up against an organisation that had guaranteed not to reopen the withdrawal agreement.

Just a shame we couldn't have taken it right down to the wire and see what extra concessions we could have had.

I think it was LK who said the EU have really warmed to Boris, apparently he is a charming man to have dialogue with. Maybe the reason they like him is

because he has a fcuking personality not like most of the miserable cnuts in Parliament.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I think it was LK who said the EU have really warmed to Boris, apparently he is a charming man to have dialogue with. Maybe the reason they like him is

because he has a fcuking personality not like most of the miserable cnuts in Parliament.

Pretty much everything his opponents have said about him have turned out to be false. 

Didn't want a deal

Wants no deal

Will be in hock to the DUP/ERG

Can't get a renegotiation

Intending to prorogue to get no deal

10/15 points ahead in the polls and close to getting a deal through parliament despite running a minority government. 

Still a lot to do - but it's a decent start to his premiership. 

Edited by MattP

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

Well we do. It's more or less the same deal that we were told "only a defeated country" would sign. And we are effectively ceding (or "surrendering", if you prefer that word) Northern Ireland. 

You must have an insider in parliament to know all that, i'm impressed.

So if you don't want this deal, you don't want no deal, you want to just remain and act like the referendum never happened? Boris has budged, the EU have budged, it's a compromise, wasn't that what remainers wanted? We were told leavers needed to compromised, that's now been done.

I think most people will want this deal to go through, on both sides.

25 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

...I would not get too hung up on personality if I were you!!!

Hitler had personality, so much so he convinced a whole country to go to war and in the meantime resolve "the jewish problem".

Boris Johnson is everything to anyone, he tells you what you want to hear and lies to further his own ends. Suitably influenced by Trump his lust for power is only matched by his narcissistic obsessions.

The vote leave voters at the time somehow expected that the next day after the result they would have gained back the control of immigration and immediate self rule. On the face of it, that is akin to buying a house paying cash and then finding that there is subsidence, the drains are all blocked the whole house needs to be rewired and the roof was covered with tarpaulin as half the slates  had suffered "nail sickness".

The fact that there was no inspection of the dwelling has now cost you a fortune to now put right. The fact that the MPs have taken so long to implement what people believed to be an action requiring a cursory glance and a signature is down to due diligence and when there are problems, which,  down the line will cause you to have to part with your money and it is something you can legislate to prevent, then you reduce your exposure, you bring it to the sellers attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Hitler had personality, so much so he convinced a whole country to go to war and in the meantime resolve "the jewish problem".

Boris Johnson is everything to anyone, he tells you what you want to hear and lies to further his own ends. Suitably influenced by Trump his lust for power is only matched by his narcissistic obsessions.

The vote leave voters at the time somehow expected that the next day after the result they would have gained back the control of immigration and immediate self rule. On the face of it, that is akin to buying a house paying cash and then finding that there is subsidence, the drains are all blocked the whole house needs to be rewired and the roof was covered with tarpaulin as half the slates  had suffered "nail sickness".

The fact that there was no inspection of the dwelling has now cost you a fortune to now put right. The fact that the MPs have taken so long to implement what people believed to be an action requiring a cursory glance and a signature is down to due diligence and when there are problems, which,  down the line will cause you to have to part with your money and it is something you can legislate to prevent, then you reduce your exposure, you bring it to the sellers attention.

We all thought that did we?

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

So Boris Johnson = Hitler and Brexit = Bad?

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

BBC reckon it's currently 317 FOR, 322 AGAINST.

This could possibly get through.

Think you can add Rory Stewart to the For's as well as he's just admitted he was wrong to say Boris couldn't negotiate a new deal.

Says a lot about him to apologise as well, the other 300 odd mps, broadcasters, columnists and so called experts don't seem interested in doing so.