Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Kosovo - ST Mary's Stadium Tues @ 7.45pm (ITV)

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Keane as well. Can't absolve the defender of blame either. 

It’s literally entirely Keane’s fault, Barkley’s not exactly backed him into a corner under pressure. 

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

I get that but I’m sure those being omitted will play on the minds more with the players than those recognised.

And look at who is picked over him, pathetic.

I'm pretty sure that most young players would see us as the perfect platform to get themselves international recognition actually. If he's good enough he'll move on eventually whether he's getting picked by Southgate or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Keane as well. Can't absolve the defender of blame either. 

Suppose not, but can't lay it all at Keane either.  If Barkley plays a better ball to him, he almost certainly doesn't give it away. But as Keane was the one who actually gave it away, he'll get all the blame from the pundits.

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Remember Keane on loan getting a man of the match in a cup game on a freezing cold night at the KP , he was so young I don’t think he was even shaving ! 

think it was a cup replay defeat at home to Huddersfield and he scored a late equaliser. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

I'm pretty sure that most young players would see us as the perfect platform to get themselves international recognition actually. If he's good enough he'll move on eventually whether he's getting picked by Southgate or not.

Well if it was me and I was getting overlooked I would move on quicker. We should be keeping our best players as long as possible and this could be an issue that makes players want to move quicker. But I take your point

• Like 1