Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Kosovo - ST Mary's Stadium Tues @ 7.45pm (ITV)

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The fury being vented in this thread is a bit weird. I'm honestly not remotely bothered that Maddison and Chilwell haven't been picked.

I don't think it's focused on that, admittedly that's what the fury is being vented over.

However, think this fury is about years of players being picked due to their club rather than their form. That we stick with players with little to no creativity and unless they're a hugely hyped player, they aren't getting played. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I don't think it's focused on that, admittedly that's what the fury is being vented over.

However, think this fury is about years of players being picked due to their club rather than their form. That we stick with players with little to no creativity and unless they're a hugely hyped player, they aren't getting played. 

Maddison's time will come. Southgate was always unlikely to give him a starting debut in a competitive game.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The fury being vented in this thread is a bit weird. I'm honestly not remotely bothered that Maddison and Chilwell haven't been picked.

Not too bothered about Maddison per say but as a spectator and England fan I’m massively underwhelmed by a midfield that is totally devoid of creativity.

It gives the impression that we’re more or less relying on pace coupled with break outs and set pieces to score any goals.

I like to get my entertainment by seeing creative football not free kicks, corners and penalties.

• Like 3

Ross Barkley has never been good. Plenty of technical ability, but his entire career he's been let down by appalling decision making on the ball. Why we are continuing to pick him I don't know, there is a genuinely exciting crop of young midfield talent starting to come through, but Southgate seems intent on ignoring it to shoehorn in a man who doesn't even get in Chelsea's first 11.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

This manager habit of playing safe has gone on for years. Le Tiz only played 8 times as did Frank Worthington. Both said they would have earned more caps if they played for fashionable bigger clubs rather than provincial ones like Leicester. 

They would say that wouldn't they.;)

Barkley has no business being in thile squad let alone the XI and Maddison has done far more than Mount. 

It should bother Leicester fans because players should feel they will get recognition if they play well at Leicester or they either won't come or will come and only stay a year or two. 

29 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I’d rather Maddison not play. But my concern is whether he’ll get it in his head that he needs to go to a big team in order to start for England, and start getting itchy feet.

There's something about how much of a teacher's pet Southgate seems that really grates on me lol

Sings every word to every national anthem.

Loves the queen.

Hates Sex Pistols.

Only drinks water.

Grow up, Gareth.

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maddison's time will come. Southgate was always unlikely to give him a starting debut in a competitive game.

He gave Mount a debut in a competitive game. He also gave Maguire, Winks and Chilwell debuts in competitive games. Its not like hes scared to. And if you aren't prepared to play a player, why call them up?

27 minutes ago, bmt said:

I know people are saying they don’t care but this actually is a big deal. Why would players want to be part of the Leicester project if they won’t get picked for their country? 

Chilwell has been first choice left back for the past year. Maguire became England's number 1 centre half while here.

• Like 1