Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Kosovo - ST Mary's Stadium Tues @ 7.45pm (ITV)

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not being silly. I’m just saying that it’s not impossible to have 3 right backs in your squad, as England are proving right now (2 of which arent that good). 

Ricardo at least should have been called up once or twice since he signed for us, regardless of Semedo and Cancelo. I would say there’s not much between Ricardo and Semedo really, anyways. But then I wouldn’t choose to have 3 right backs ideally either, but seeing as I can’t think of a great Portuguese left back right now, surely one of them could go that side and fill in anyway?

Ricky p can be there I think...? <_<

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

only weirdo racists thought he was a “spoilt arsehole” and only people with literally zero idea what a football is thought he wasn’t going to always be our best player. 

Not sure about that. He got widespread criticism and was widely regarded as one of our worst players when we crashed out against Iceland. He really has turned it around. Doesn't always happen like that. Some players lose confidence after a tough year or two and you never see much else from them.

Just now, Nod.E said:

Not sure about that. He got widespread criticism and was widely regarded as one of our worst players when we crashed out against Iceland. He really has turned it around. Doesn't always happen like that. Some players lose confidence after a tough year or two and you never see much else from them.

yeah widespread criticism from people who read the sun and the daily mail, and not from people who know anything about football 

Imagine that front 3 with a functioning, progressive midfield behind them....

Henderson has his strengths but is now being asked to play a more attacking role when he hasn't scored an England goal in 50 games.Rice is a centre half playing in midfield.Barkley, enough said....

Hopefully even Southgate will eventually bring in the likes of Maddison and Foden. It's crying out for players like that who can link the play more effectively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah widespread criticism from people who read the sun and the daily mail, and not from people who know anything about football 

Widespread.

As in pretty much everybody that watches England.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

My point exactly. Don't know why the other poster seems to think it is OK to throw what I consider to be a gross insult at me because I expressed a widely held opinion. If he had actually read what I was saying properly he would have realised that I was actually praising sterling. He is undoubtedly the most improved player in the squad.

Fact 1: Sterling was all speed and nothing else at the last World Cup. And he was godawful at the previous Euro.

Fact 2: since that Nations League qualifying win in Spain he has been superb for England. Tonight he's been sensational.

Big question is can he do it for England next summer though?

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

Fact 1: Sterling was all speed and nothing else at the last World Cup. And he was godawful at the previous Euro.

Fact 2: since that Nations League qualifying win in Spain he has been superb for England. Tonight he's been sensational.

Big question is can he do it for England next summer though?

We can't just rely on him though

10 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

If he gets a third I might get myself an England shirt with Sancton on the back.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's a disk race that Sancton is in ahead of Sancho. Criminal. 

Fuming. 

OK OK.  Bloody predictive text. I have edited it. Still hopes he gets a hatrick

• Like 1

Sterling was always going to get critiqued after his move away from Liverpool to Manchester City. 

He was a teenager at Liverpool and like all teenagers, did some stupid stuff. 

He’s matured as a player, as a person and is fundamentally our best player. 

If Gazza has had the same opportunity that Sterling had, he’d have been one of the best players of all time. Unfortunately, it never happened .....

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

We can't just rely on him though

I actually think we’ve got a host of attacking talent throughout the team. Each team has a figure head, Sterling’s is England. 

Sancho, Kane, Foden, Maddison, Barkley, Rashford etc are all exceptional talents. 

• Like 1