Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Kosovo - ST Mary's Stadium Tues @ 7.45pm (ITV)

6 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Am I the only one not that bothered that Madders didn't get in for the Bulgaria game? Mount has absolutely carried that Chelsea side so far this season and been arguably their only standout. He's also a bigger goal threat from open play. He's there on merit, whatever anyone says, and our boy will get his chance, even if just from the bench, against Kosovo I'm certain.

It's not like England are struggling to create chances these days, so it's hardly going to be a revelation to bring someone in Maddison's mould into the fold, save for direct free kicks for which he's probably the best in the squad. We don't play off the last man - you're not going to get the sorts of chances Vardy gets on a plate week-in week-out from Madders unless you drop Kane and bring Sterling in from the wing, neither of which are going to happen and for good reason - the system is working. I can sit here and bemoan the lack of Leicester player involvement or the supposed big 6 cartel with the rest of you, but I'd rather accept the reality - Mount is a good player and fits the current England system better than Maddison.

What is a far bigger joke is Danny Rose getting in ahead of Chilwell.

/rant

did you miss the sub when alex oxlade and neutrino came on?

Really don't think I can be arsed to sit up until 4am watching England tonight. I just can't get excited about them.

It's strange. If Leicester play badly and win I'm buzzing, but if England play badly and win I find myself moaning about what a waste of my time.

• Like 1

Southgate likes safe sideways midfielders like Barkley and Henderson, it will be hard for Maddison to break into the team. He clearly has his favourites, if he has his chance his best bet is to keep it simple, not try some of the Hollywood stuff he does. I cant understand Rose over Chilwell although neither have been great this season. 

I'm quietly looking forward to this. By all accounts Kosovo will be a sterner test than Bulgaria so it'll be interesting to see how they set up and if they try to come at us.

Apart from hoping the Leicester lads start or at least play some part in the game, I also want to see Sancho at his best in an England shirt.

• Like 1

Absolute farce that midfield. Southgate clearly has his favourites. Barkley only in as he plays for Chelsea. He wasnt even very good on Saturday. I'm starting to get pissed off with southgate and on the verge of hoping we get beat again so we can hopefully get a manager in with a bit of excitement. Saying that though, Boothroyd with probably get the job next. 

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Bake off or England match??? :huh:

Bake off every day of the week.

Watching England play qualifiers is hard work. Especially now Maddison isn’t getting a look in, seems like England have reverted to similar big team selections from the Hodgson days.

• Like 1