Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevejpos

WANTED - ALAN BIRCHENALL STORIES

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

At a home he during another players injury pause,asking the young girl,carrying crowd snacks to come to him..

Then taking some of the peanuts and snacks he started throwing them into the crowd,also seeing a couple of disabled, got some,while stopping & talking to them,even offered an oppo player a handful of nuts...

He went to the girl after the game and made sure,she didn't fall short...!!

Then the silly kiss to Stoke's Currie after they tackled each other...

Told a Barman while visiting Rothleys Red Lion,he and Wortho,might take them on helping with the coaching,Then in P.Wheelers ,(they were friends) presence told that Barmann to go to the city physio,then get back to training with Tigers...Looked at G.Cross,and jokingly said he's Peters & my prodigy...plus he is a drinking Partner of Weller & Wortho..and chases the feathers at Bailey's...which was a small exaggeration..

If it`s the same time as i`m thinking of, it was actually donuts.  Back in the 70s, we used to have people walking around the dirt track at the side of the pitch selling bags of donuts.

As you say, there was an injury to a player, so while there was a break in play, The Birch summond one of these Donut sellers over and took some Donuts, at the end of the game, the Donut seller went up to the Birch to ask for the money.

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Ha ha, you just need to relax when you read fuchsntf.

FT's equivalent of Dylan Thomas when he was sober, therefore not quite as good. :thumbup:

I sometimes come on here for a quick read when I’m a bit bored at work or just need to get away for reality for 10mins. I usually end up coming across a @fuchsntf post and have a bigger headache than when I started. Half an hour later, I’ve finally deciphered the code and carry on with my day. (Funnily enough he makes more sense than Birch does on the PA). 

Only messing Fuchsy, never change :P

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I sometimes come on here for a quick read when I’m a bit bored at work or just need to get away for reality for 10mins. I usually end up coming across a @fuchsntf post and have a bigger headache than when I started. Half an hour later, I’ve finally deciphered the code and carry on with my day. (Funnily enough he makes more sense than Birch does on the PA). 

I have only been a regular on here for about a year now and I already recognise @fuchsntf posts are legendary..  In the early days I was often tempted to skip over them but soon came to realise the error of my ways.  OK so some perseverance is sometimes required but it is usually worth the effort. If nothing else he certainly provokes thought and discussion (which after all is the whole point of forums such as this) and is, if nothing else, entertaining.

Long may he continue

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I have only been a regular on here for about a year now and I already recognise @fuchsntf posts are legendary..  In the early days I was often tempted to skip over them but soon came to realise the error of my ways.  OK so some perseverance is sometimes required but it is usually worth the effort. If nothing else he certainly provokes thought and discussion (which after all is the whole point of forums such as this) and is, if nothing else, entertaining.

Long may he continue

Good post - can't give you a thumbs up as I've run out for the day.

He is legendary - like Maguire. :ph34r:

As a kid I used to play in a team with his lad. He used to come and watch every week. At the time he wasnt Birch the mc but Birch the ex pro. We all knew though that he was closely associated with City.

I remember at the time he ran a business that fitted out bedrooms. He joked that he had got into that line of work cos' he'd been in so many of 'em - 😉😉 - he was something of an expert in em'.

I guess the playboy pro footballer was a commonplace phenomenon back in the 70's. You cant look back and judge by todays standards. The world has moved on, and maybe the Birch has too?

On 12/09/2019 at 13:58, TheUltimateWinner said:

Got told on a stadium tour recently that the communal bath in the changing rooms was his idea, said it encourages team bonding... 

When I did the stadium tour, I was told that Mickey Adams insisted on the communal bath. Now I don’t know what to believe. 

• Haha 2

On 12/09/2019 at 20:02, Leeds Fox said:

On 12/09/2019 at 18:19, Vardinio'sCat said:

Ha ha, you just need to relax when you read fuchsntf.

FT's equivalent of Dylan Thomas when he was sober, therefore not quite as good. :thumbup:

MisterN.JPG.3f2849e994b74e20ff02021b2ad64170.JPG    Consider if you will ... the back of Caglar’s jersey …    Soyu.JPG.fa8916319cc38156d41be0022cdae0df.JPG

The only thing with more dots … and the only thing harder to read … is a Fuchsntf post.

Only messing Fuchsy  :P  and jealous you're the one compared to Dylan Thomas ...

• Haha 2

I once walked toward Birch with my autograph book and camera when I was a kid when collecting money for his run, but I was really after David Neilson who was stood behind him. Birch wasn’t impressed that I wasn’t bothered about him, but then again he’s a bit of hanger on I think. I haven’t got a lot of time for him. Was quite happy a few years back when it looked like the club were going to get rid. 

It was me who come a cropper though, because David Neilson mugged me off as well!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I once walked toward Birch with my autograph book and camera when I was a kid when collecting money for his run, but I was really after David Neilson who was stood behind him. Birch wasn’t impressed that I wasn’t bothered about him, but then again he’s a bit of hanger on I think. I haven’t got a lot of time for him. Was quite happy a few years back when it looked like the club were going to get rid. 

It was me who come a cropper though, because David Neilson mugged me off as well!!!

i-see-what-5b48fe.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but it's been wracking my brains. For some reason this morning the memory of The Birch winding up Man Utd fans at Filbert Street came to me; he basically thanked them for coming and then said something along the lines of "because we all know it's a long way to come.... from Croydon" ... or something along those lines. This got a massive laugh from the home crowd but huge boos from the away fans (and Man Utd fans sitting in pockets of the home crowd).

I seem to recall that he got into trouble with the FA for this... Can anyone remember??