Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevejpos

WANTED - ALAN BIRCHENALL STORIES

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I was at Filbert street as a guest of the matchday sponsors, and Birch was doing his bit at the front of the room over lunch.  A pretty young waitress walked past, and Birch said "if she was my daughter I would still be bathing her".  Classy.  This was in 1998.

I was just thinking, you probably don't want to ask for too many stories about the Birch lol

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I was at Filbert street as a guest of the matchday sponsors, and Birch was doing his bit at the front of the room over lunch.  A pretty young waitress walked past, and Birch said "if she was my daughter I would still be bathing her".  Classy.  This was in 1998.

I remember him on the mic at Filbert St making comments like that about the foxy ladies, would be around the same time.

You certainly wouldn't print any of the "stories" I know about Birch. Let's say he really isn't a role model and I'm more surprised than anyone that he was made a club ambassador.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

You certainly wouldn't print any of the "stories" I know about Birch. Let's say he really isn't a role model and I'm more surprised than anyone that he was made a club ambassador.

I doubt the Twitter mobs or the #metoo movement know who he is, if they did he would have been hounded out by now.

The Birch scored a belter of a goal during my first full season at Filbert St. v dirty Leeds, a 35 yard screamer (it gets further every time I describe it!) that at first looked that he had skyed it but at the last second it dipped over leeds keeper David Harvey.

Not really a story, I know, but a brilliant memory.

Club legend and all but literally the worst possible person to be on the mic on match day. I can barely hear a word of his incoherent rambling. And it's not the PA system as the pre match announcer is crystal clear.

Only met him once, parked next to him at Victoria Park on a Sunday morning whilst taking my son to a game. He was polite and was nice to my son. 

13 hours ago, SystonFox said:

People disrespeckin the birch as if he’s Jimmy Saville .... LCFC fans through and through

Edited by Guest

Before a team talk one time Birch tied a fishing line to his left boot and chucked it in the hallway, keeping hold of the line to the boot. 

Bloomfield closed the door and was giving his talk and Birch pulled the boot, knocking the door. After a couple of knocks Bloomfield opened the door, at which point Birch made the boot scuttle across the floor and jump into his arms whilst crying 'come to daddy'. 

This was told to me a while back. 

Apparently used to call his left foot 'the claw' and claim to be able to sign autographs with it. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 3

At a home he during another players injury pause,asking the young girl,carrying crowd snacks to come to him..

Then taking some of the peanuts and snacks he started throwing them into the crowd,also seeing a couple of disabled, got some,while stopping & talking to them,even offered an oppo player a handful of nuts...

He went to the girl after the game and made sure,she didn't fall short...!!

Then the silly kiss to Stoke's Currie after they tackled each other...

Told a Barman while visiting Rothleys Red Lion,he and Wortho,might take them on helping with the coaching,Then in P.Wheelers ,(they were friends) presence told that Barmann to go to the city physio,then get back to training with Tigers...Looked at G.Cross,and jokingly said he's Peters & my prodigy...plus he is a drinking Partner of Weller & Wortho..and chases the feathers at Bailey's...which was a small exaggeration..

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

At a home he during another players injury pause,asking the young girl,carrying crowd snacks to come to him..

Then taking some of the peanuts and snacks he started throwing them into the crowd,also seeing a couple of disabled, got some,while stopping & talking to them,even offered an oppo player a handful of nuts...

He went to the girl after the game and made sure,she didn't fall short...!!

Then the silly kiss to Stoke's Currie after they tackled each other...

Told a Barman while visiting Rothleys Red Lion,he and Wortho,might take them on helping with the coaching,Then in P.Wheelers ,(they were friends) presence told that Barmann to go to the city physio,then get back to training with Tigers...Looked at G.Cross,and jokingly said he's Peters & my prodigy...plus he is a drinking Partner of Weller & Wortho..and chases the feathers at Bailey's...which was a small exaggeration..

Will this make any more sense in the book? 

• Haha 3