Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fvck rugby, that is all.

Could stomach this a bit more if we bothered to play. At all.

If it makes you feel any better, they'll do it to everyone. 

Said right from the start of the build up to the tournament that people were being absurd thinking they were declining. They're miles better than everyone. 

The rest of the sport needs to seriously looking at catching them up right from grass roots level otherwise they're going to just win this every four years. They're getting further and further away every few years. 

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Apart from the constant bitching at Nigel Owens, of course - that one seems pretty obvious.

Bingo.

As Finnegan mentioned, they are better in every department than most but its all the other stuff that comes with it.

Dragging down mauls

Dirty play at the breakdown

Getting away with murder on both

Constantly in the ref's ears and claiming them of being favourable to other teams pre match in order to set the scene

The 'accidental on purpose' obstructions

Not even talking about this game, just in general.

For those reasons I hope England stuff them in what should be a great game.

Worst thing of all is that NZ dont need to do all that stuff.

Just now, Finnegan said:

If it makes you feel any better, they'll do it to everyone. 

Said right from the start of the build up to the tournament that people were being absurd thinking they were declining. They're miles better than everyone. 

The rest of the sport needs to seriously looking at catching them up right from grass roots level otherwise they're going to just win this every four years. They're getting further and further away every few years. 

How did they manage to get pasted by the Aussies earlier this year ? 

They must’ve had 13 men sent off !

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

How did they manage to get pasted by the Aussies earlier this year ? 

They must’ve had 13 men sent off !

Because they do the same thing in every single world cup year. 

Rest players, rotate players, try out different combinations, test new moves and systems, play in second gear, avoid injuries and conserve energy. 

And every world cup its "the all blacks are declining!" and its rubbish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bingo.

As Finnegan mentioned, they are better in every department than most but its all the other stuff that comes with it.

Dragging down mauls

Constantly in the ref's ears and claiming them of being favourable to other teams pre match in order to set the scene

Yeah.

Honestly, the AB's, for me belong in that class of sportspeople like Michael Schumacher, Roger Federer and the like - absolute artists of the game, but not exactly what you'd call likeable people as they tend to know very well just how good they are.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because they do the same thing in every single world cup year. 

Rest players, rotate players, try out different combinations, test new moves and systems, play in second gear, avoid injuries and conserve energy. 

And every world cup its "the all blacks are declining!" and its rubbish. 

True, I would actually extend that to all SH teams with NZ obv the team who rake it to the extreme, I dont think you can really tell how good they are until the world cup, we should know that from the 2015 world cup.

However it turns out the Aussies were shit after all.

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bingo.

Dragging down mauls

All teams do that and let's be honest the Irish are hardly saints. But since the ABs always win and are so unbelievably consistent supporters of other teams get jealous and like to paint them out to be cheaters just like people did with Michael Schumacher and Man U under Fergie. they are no better or worse than other top-level rugby teams.

O'Mahony should have been carded but that sums up Ireland, penalty coming 5m out and no arms tackle a couple of seconds later lol

Saying that, this NZ performance would have beaten our performance in Dublin last November, credit to them. 

Sounds like petty bitterness to be honest boys and not attractive on either of you. 

Schumacher was controversial because he put lives at risk with his aggressive and unsafe driving, putting a win ahead of driver safety. 

Every team in rugby is out to cheat as much as possible and play the ref, it's the spirit of the game and frankly an Irish fan complaining about it when they're the most prolific at it in the Northern Hemisphere is funny. 

The All Blacks just stand out because they're winning most of the time and it frustrates people. Yes, they're very - shall we say - nuanced with the rules but everyone is. What do you think was going on between Sio and Sinckler earlier? You think they both kept slipping accidentally? No, they both spent all game trying to get penalties. 

By and large, the majority of the Kiwis are likeable, humble guys and good ambassadors for the sport. Yeah, Aaron Smith is a penis but he's a scrum half. Show me a scrum half that's not a tit and I'll show you a prop that's not a cheat. 

Guys like Read, Retallick, all the Barrett boys, they're really sound guys. Even SBW for all the swagger and the Money Bill rep is just a wholesome, honest dude who loves his mom and his friends. 

I watch more NZ rugby than most other sport tbf and there's really not a great deal to dislike. I don't see arrogance or smugness tbf, I see that in the Aussies but I think the Kiwis are pretty sound. 

But then again I've heard the Welsh accused of arrogance on this forum and (me aside) I'm not really sure where on earth you'd get that from so maybe some of you are just a bit sensitive. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

All teams do that and let's be honest the Irish are hardly saints. But since the ABs always win and are so unbelievably consistent supporters of other teams get jealous and like to paint them out to be cheaters just like people did with Michael Schumacher and Man U under Fergie. they are no better or worse than other top-level rugby teams.

Didnt say all teams dont or that I'm jealous, they are a joy to watch. If you want rugby regularly you would know they just take it to another level in terms of the dark arts.

25 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Never watched so much rugby. 

It's nice to see refs being allowed to do their job. 

On that note, I'm turning off the game! Can't watch Ireland get stuffed. 

Good job you did ...   they are 52 - 0 down now !!!  

Tbh ..     turned it off too ...   getting boring now and the paddys look like they’ve given in already ...  

Footy starting now on the box and soon be the big one this afternoon ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

As Finn mentioned below, Schumacher was absolutely a cheat (final race of 1997 season where he actually got sanctioned for it bears that out) and dangerous too.

TBH I appreciate the AB's for being the best by far, but I simply cannot warm to them as people - what's there to be jealous about when there's only one nation who has won football, rugby and cricket world cups, when only Aus among all other nations have even managed two out of those three?

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sounds like petty bitterness to be honest boys and not attractive on either of you. 

Schumacher was controversial because he put lives at risk with his aggressive and unsafe driving, putting a win ahead of driver safety. 

Every team in rugby is out to cheat as much as possible and play the ref, it's the spirit of the game and frankly an Irish fan complaining about it when they're the most prolific at it in the Northern Hemisphere is funny. 

The All Blacks just stand out because they're winning most of the time and it frustrates people. Yes, they're very - shall we say - nuanced with the rules but everyone is. What do you think was going on between Sio and Sinckler earlier? You think they both kept slipping accidentally? No, they both spent all game trying to get penalties. 

By and large, the majority of the Kiwis are likeable, humble guys and good ambassadors for the sport. Yeah, Aaron Smith is a penis but he's a scrum half. Show me a scrum half that's not a tit and I'll show you a prop that's not a cheat. 

Guys like Read, Retallick, all the Barrett boys, they're really sound guys. Even SBW for all the swagger and the Money Bill rep is just a wholesome, honest dude who loves his mom and his friends. 

I watch more NZ rugby than most other sport tbf and there's really not a great deal to dislike. I don't see arrogance or smugness tbf, I see that in the Aussies but I think the Kiwis are pretty sound. 

But then again I've heard the Welsh accused of arrogance on this forum and (me aside) I'm not really sure where on earth you'd get that from so maybe some of you are just a bit sensitive. 

You're probably right and it's probably irrational, but as above I simply cannot warm to them.

Edited by leicsmac

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Cba getting into a back and forth on most of your points, still disagree that NZ take it further than most but agree that the some of the NZ guys seem sound off the pitch in inteviews, etc.