Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Liverpool pen should not have stood

20 minutes ago, treer said:

2019/2020 rules, don't know how you have come up with that twaddle

The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be: • at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark • behind the penalty mark • inside the field of play • outside the penalty area

2. Offences and sanctions Once the referee has signalled for a penalty kick to be taken, the kick must be taken; if it is not taken the referee may take disciplinary action before signalling again for the kick to be taken. If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs: • the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate offends: • if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken •

Read the the very first line of their post

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The premier league said at the start of the season 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, treer said:

2019/2020 rules, don't know how you have come up with that twaddle

The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be: • at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark • behind the penalty mark • inside the field of play • outside the penalty area

2. Offences and sanctions Once the referee has signalled for a penalty kick to be taken, the kick must be taken; if it is not taken the referee may take disciplinary action before signalling again for the kick to be taken. If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs: • the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate offends: • if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken •

I'm well aware of the encroachment laws. If the ref spots it he should disallow or order a retake. If he doesn't, which it seems he hasn't on the occasion, VAR won't intervene. I imagine refs are treating it thr same way too, as it make little difference, especially when the penalty is scored directly.

As per this article here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48703852

So do some research before you call peoples factual posts twaddle :thumbup:

Edited by Facecloth

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm well aware of the encroachment laws. If the ref spots it he should disallow or order a retake. If he doesn't, which it seems he hasn't on the occasion, VAR won't intervene. I imagine refs are treating it thr same way too, as it make little difference, especially when the penalty is scored directly.

As per this article here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48703852

So do some research before you call peoples factual posts twaddle :thumbup:

More twaddle, that article makes no mention of encroachment, it is about goalkeepers.

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think we need another thread to discuss the events from Saturday. Not enough at present. 

Think we should have a new thread discussing the implications of what this thread has found out.

"The penalty goal was right to have been allowed"

48 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

It is what supporters do, whole point of being a supporter, get fed up, recover, start new topic then move on. Problem here is the next match is ages away.

Bloody hate going into international breaks on the back of a defeat. The standard week is too much time to ponder over the what-ifs, let alone two weeks following a cruel loss. 

17 minutes ago, treer said:

More twaddle, that article makes no mention of encroachment, it is about goalkeepers.

Yeah but did you read the bit at the bottom?

VAR wouldn't overturn it because Milner scored...

The VAR can only penalise "encroachment by an attacker or defender who becomes directly involved in play if the penalty kick rebounds from the goalpost, crossbar or goalkeeper".

5 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Bloody hate going into international breaks on the back of a defeat. The standard week is too much time to ponder over the what-ifs, let alone two weeks following a cruel loss. 

In the Championship winning season I think our record before international breaks was awful, obviously worked out fine but annoying not to be in a position to rectify things straight away. 

The only way I can see it being a positive when a team is in freefall and needs to press the reset button, eg, Everton and Man Utd.

Edited by Nalis

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think he's got the attention span to get that far through the article lol

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

In the Championship winning season I think our record before international breaks was awful, obviously worked out fine but annoying not to be in a position to rectify things straight away. 

The only way I can see it being a positive when a team is in freefall and needs to press the reset button, eg, Everton and Man Utd.

There's that but there was a 2 week break after the Arsenal loss on Valentine's day and it worked out okay.

We lost the first game post-break against Man U so should be due a win on the return.

Leicester will be fine.

The encroachment rule is crazy. Why give them 2 bites of the Cherry.

If there is encroachment the offending player should at least be booked.

Or the Penalty Goal if scored,  should be disallowed. I'm pretty sure this would put an end to the problem pretty quickly.

Penalty decisions are running the game. They're given too freely by refs and players are going over too easily. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't think you understand the issue, it is not really that difficult.

Here is a summary of what can happen( taken from the fa website)

" If the outcome of the penalty kick is a goal, encroachment by an attacking player will result in the penalty being retaken"

The referee missed or didn't care because it was Liverpool at Anfield in the last minute.

Edited by treer
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, treer said:

I don't think you understand the issue, it is not really that difficult.

Here is a summary of what can happen( taken from the fa website)

" If the outcome of the penalty kick is a goal, encroachment by an attacking player will result in the penalty being retaken"

The referee missed or didn't care because it was Liverpool at Anfield in the last minute.

But the current rule states VAR will only look at any encroachment issue if the ball is rebounded back in to play off the woodwork or the goal-keeper.

So I don't think YOU understand the issue. It really isn't that difficult.

By the way, the bit I posted above is from the IFAB site. I'll trust the IFAB rules over what's on the FA site. After all, IFAB is literally the rules of the game.

2 minutes ago, treer said:

why do you keep going on about VAR?, the ref should have seen it

But he didn't. 

You want it overturned and if the referee doesn't see it, it isn't gonna happen.

What's all this worrying doing for you anyway? Reckon the match is going to be replayed? Liverpool's win chalked off? Gather again at Anfield at 4.45pm on Saturday for the penalty to be retaken?

Move on mate. Game's done. It's over 48 hours since it happened - all this worrying won't be good for you :) 

you 're advice is great, but I am still pssed off with the ref .

He was biased, soft pen, not making them retake, and calling a foul over in Peroz, when Vardy would have been through on goal in the 86 min cost us the win.

i forget he also missed the push on Soy, but decided to book Hamza instead.

Edited by treer

1 hour ago, treer said:

you 're advice is great, but I am still pssed off with the ref .

He was biased, soft pen, not making them retake, and calling a foul over in Peroz, when Vardy would have been through on goal in the 86 min cost us the win.

i forget he also missed the push on Soy, but decided to book Hamza instead.

Its Perez mate. The spelling really isn't difficult.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Also Hamza shouldn't be booked because the ref missed a push on Soyuncu earlier. Which makes no sense lol

Never seen a referee self-reflect like that ever before but he should have started on Saturday lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ok I cannot spell, and you repeatedly  spout garbage about rules of the game , even though you have been pointed to websites pointing out your mistake.

Edited by treer