Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Liverpool pen should not have stood

2 minutes ago, treer said:

Ok I cannot spell, and you repeatedly  spout garbage about rules of the game , even though you have been pointed to websites pointing out your mistake.

I will leave it there

But I haven't, i was right, as Stan pointed out lol

Still moaning about this?  I get being pissed, but it’s a colossal waste of time.   Nothing will change now and besides, in the big picture better this happened against Liverpool than one of our rivals for a place in Europe.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, treer said:

Ok I cannot spell, and you repeatedly  spout garbage about rules of the game , even though you have been pointed to websites pointing out your mistake.

Now wondering about your username.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 3

Good luck  with  forcing any encroachment in the PL.

I wish  FIFA would change the laws of the game regarding pens to  get rid of enforcement of encroachment.

make the penalty taker and the goalie the only ones allowed in the area and able to touch  the ball for the phase of the penalty.

if it misses, goalkick.

If it goes in, kickoff.

If goalie save sit and holds it phase over.

If it rebounds outside the area,  game on.

if the goalie saves but doesn't hold on the only players who can touch it in the box are the attacker and the goalie, until any of the above happen, or 30 secs elapse (to stop attacking team from timewasting), phase over.

It's meant to be a one on one,  but as soon as it hits a post/bar or goalie saves it, it's free for all. Very difficult to  ref.

9 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

Good luck  with  forcing any encroachment in the PL.

I wish  FIFA would change the laws of the game regarding pens to  get rid of enforcement of encroachment.

make the penalty taker and the goalie the only ones allowed in the area and able to touch  the ball for the phase of the penalty.

if it misses, goalkick.

If it goes in, kickoff.

If goalie save sit and holds it phase over.

If it rebounds outside the area,  game on.

if the goalie saves but doesn't hold on the only players who can touch it in the box are the attacker and the goalie, until any of the above happen, or 30 secs elapse (to stop attacking team from timewasting), phase over.

It's meant to be a one on one,  but as soon as it hits a post/bar or goalie saves it, it's free for all. Very difficult to  ref.

Yep with you on that.

What you're essentially asking two officials is to keep an eye on the keeper to make sure some part of his body is overhanging his line when the ball is kicked, make sure the taker performs a legal run up and takes a legal spot kick and make sure non of the other 20 players enter the box and the point of contact, and if they do make that call, on whether it was more than one person.

Virtually impossible, rule needs to be made easier to officiate. The VAR thing the Prem has bought in is a step in the right direction.

These are very good points .Ive wondered about the end of the game in these circumstances.If time is up and the kick(pen corner or free kick) is taken how long do  we play on.In theory the game is over before the ball hits the net.Maybe time to take this away from the ref.Corners sometimes allow several phases of play but time is up t be correct.

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yep with you on that.

What you're essentially asking two officials is to keep an eye on the keeper to make sure some part of his body is overhanging his line when the ball is kicked, make sure the taker performs a legal run up and takes a legal spot kick and make sure non of the other 20 players enter the box and the point of contact, and if they do make that call, on whether it was more than one person.

Virtually impossible, rule needs to be made easier to officiate. The VAR thing the Prem has bought in is a step in the right direction.

Linesman could easily do this part. If every single time it happened the linesman called it players would soon stop doing it. The issue is the inconsistency, most players assume it will go unpunished so do it anyway.  

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

These are very good points .Ive wondered about the end of the game in these circumstances.If time is up and the kick(pen corner or free kick) is taken how long do  we play on.In theory the game is over before the ball hits the net.Maybe time to take this away from the ref.Corners sometimes allow several phases of play but time is up t be correct.

It's always 'a minimum of...' so technically the referee is at his discretion to play however long he'd like. 

Remember Vardy and Rafael in the Manchester United home game, the 5-3 win?

I know the decision is hard to take, especially given the late stage of the game and the then-score, but let's not make it look as if we haven't profited ourselves from dubious penalty decisions before.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Remember Vardy and Rafael in the Manchester United home game, the 5-3 win?

I know the decision is hard to take, especially given the late stage of the game and the then-score, but let's not make it look as if we haven't profited ourselves from dubious penalty decisions before.

That was the most stonewall of penalties of that season. Ref got it bang on.

Not.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dyanmark said:

The laws of the game are very specific in the case of a penalty awarded as the game finishes. If the penalty is awarded in the last second,  the 'game' is allowed to  carry on past the end of any added time so  the penalty and only the penalty can be taken. The penalty is deemed over once forward momentum has stopped. So either you score or you don't. The ref doesn't let play continue for another 30 secs if the ball rebounds off a post away from the goal, he simply blows for time (more like pens in a knockout tourney, although i'd love to  see what happens if the goalie pushes the ball back to the attacker on the 6 yard line). corners are slightly different it's up  to the ref how much time he allows for it to be taken and what constitutes a phase of play, but usually if a defender gets a big head on it, he'll blow for time..

8 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Just to stir things up even more, the "foul" on Mane was at about 92 min 17 sec of a minimum of 4 mins of added time. The restart was at about 95 min 19 sec and Kavanagh blew after another 45 seconds. By my calculations we played less than 3 minutes of a minimum of 4. 

yes, but by that time Liverpool had scored, so the full four minutes were not needed.

I think we should introduce a VAR the day after the game, where a panel of experts, referees, pundits and fans sit and go through the weekends games and review the reviews.*

*apologies in advance for suggesting this....when the FA actually introduce it.