Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

2 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I'm getting Valhalla (for my Xbox SX) which should keep me ticking until Cyber Punk comes out. Although I suspect I wont be able to clock Valhalla in time for Cyberpunk as it sounds like its at least 50+ hours. 

For PS5 Spiderman Miles looks worth a pop but only 10 hours long although I'm ok with a shorter game.  Demon Souls is a must buy in my opinion. But I understand that is not a game for everyone and can be quite unforgiving to new players. The plus side is people can join your game and help you out which makes a significant difference. 

I’d forgot about demon souls. My console comes in a bundle with a camera which I don’t want so I might chop that in and get a second game. I’ve not played the previous spiderman game so I might get the re master of that aswell. Just a waiting game now.

1 hour ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I’d forgot about demon souls. My console comes in a bundle with a camera which I don’t want so I might chop that in and get a second game. I’ve not played the previous spiderman game so I might get the re master of that aswell. Just a waiting game now.

Previous Spider Man I thought was breathtaking. Never enjoyed just going round a map more than in Spiderman. Just brilliant. Gameplay was great and the story was decent also. Well worth playing. Looking forward to Miles Morales.

Demon Souls is not my cup of tea. I do not have the patience for those types of games. Dark Souls was so frustrating

• Like 2

The obvious choice for me was Demons Souls in the bundles listed.  The Spiderman addon is not long, I think I read it takes 8 hours to do the main story.  It'll take me 8 hours to get out the first area or two on Demons Souls so in terms of value for money, I've gone for that.  I'll get the ultimate edition on spiderman when it comes down in price.  Valhalla also when it drops in price.

Until then I will stick with Demons Souls and the vast array of free titles through PS plus collection.  Oh, and Witcher 3  lol

I saw a review where spiderman can run either at 60fps and the graphics are bang average or look the dogs but be 30fps. Hopefully just that given it's brand new developers can't get their head round how to utilise it properly. Don't think 60fps and looking good is too much to ask for brand new hardware at the end of 2020. 60fps should be the bare minimum now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I saw a review where spiderman can run either at 60fps and the graphics are bang average or look the dogs but be 30fps. Hopefully just that given it's brand new developers can't get their head round how to utilise it properly. Don't think 60fps and looking good is too much to ask for brand new hardware at the end of 2020. 60fps should be the bare minimum now. 

Agreed but it's because of the Ray tracing. Ray tracing at 4k is very taxing and even the highest end computers struggle with that. For me I think more games need to utilise 2k/1440p which is a happy medium. Or just offer a lot of graphics options 1080p with Ray tracing for example. 1080p without etc etc.

19 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Previous Spider Man I thought was breathtaking. Never enjoyed just going round a map more than in Spiderman. Just brilliant. Gameplay was great and the story was decent also. Well worth playing. Looking forward to Miles Morales.

Demon Souls is not my cup of tea. I do not have the patience for those types of games. Dark Souls was so frustrating

I really enjoyed the Arkham games and have played all of them so I’m hoping the Spiderman ones will be similar.

2 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I really enjoyed the Arkham games and have played all of them so I’m hoping the Spiderman ones will be similar.

The combat is very similar and imo one of the best combat systems for fighting multiple enemies in games. I really enjoyed Spiderman. Story was ok but generic but it had enough going for me to want to finish it. Side quests got tedious towards the end though. Very repetitive. 

Quite happy this is happening with the Spider-Man games, I never finished the original as I only got to the end of Act 2 (Prison Break), but now I will be able to finish it off (about 5 hours worth of gameplay left) before I play Miles Morales!

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

The combat is very similar and imo one of the best combat systems for fighting multiple enemies in games. I really enjoyed Spiderman. Story was ok but generic but it had enough going for me to want to finish it. Side quests got tedious towards the end though. Very repetitive. 

See now because I loved just swinging around the map the side quests were one of my fave parts. Didn't bother me how repetitive it was. I don't think I ever fast travelled. Just loved swinging around and doing tricks. Making me excited to play the next game

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

Few issues propping up with the PS5 (as with the Xbox as well). Sounds like its related to transferring data from your ps4 over to your ps5. So might want to hold out before you do that. 

Happens at launch and it always seems like more as only the people who's consoles are broke mention it. There will be millions that are fine. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I don't get the logic behind transferring large swathes of data from a PS4 to a PS5.  Just run both with two HDMIs.  Simple.

Mostly for people like myself who will sell the PS4 once I have my PS5

Although any info I want on my PS5 from my PS4 I will just download the game again or download game saves from the cloud

• Like 1

I'd go for that but at £70 I'll wait.  I've already paid over the odds for the console at £550 with Demon's Souls and a headset thrown in, so I'm waiting on titles until they come down in price.  I'll not pay over the odds for the games as well!

Assassins Creed Valhalla is tempting at £52, but again it's still too much.  I haven't paid over £30 for a game in ages lol  The last one was Resident Evil 0 I believe, £2.99.  lol

28 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can anyone recommend a decent headset for around the 50 quid mark?  

I've had the hyper X cloud stinger which is normally in the £35-50 range and it's been great. No idea if it will work on PS5 but did on my XB1, PS4 and now the Series X

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can anyone recommend a decent headset for around the 50 quid mark?  

Similar to @dmayne7 I’ve had the hyperx cloud 7.1 surround headphones for a couple of years and I’ve love them, they’re wired so they just plug into the bottom of the controller, think they’re around £65/£70 but well worth it

• Like 1