Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

58 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I love reading your posts you're just like me, adamant you'll not fold and then a few days later you do lol

Gameplay videos I've watched makes it look really good.

I haven't given in yet.  Tbh I'm trying to finish off FF7 but got stuck at that double boss in chapter 17 and lost out after an age of taking on the tank after doing the shinra guy who was equally as frustrating.  Then it takes me back to him to repeat.  Annoying.  Haven't beaten it yet.

On 07/05/2021 at 19:22, Legend_in_blue said:

So how's Resi Evil Village?  It's possible to get it for £35 this weekend via Tesco, I'm tempted at that.

So I am about 2 hours in and I have to say it is pretty fun! Start of the game is stressful as you are pretty underpowered but as you can imagine the more you explore etc. the more upgrades you can get

2 hours in and it has been pretty linear so far, although it seems I have reached a point where it is about to open up and involve a lot more exploring

If you enjoyed 7 and are a RE fan, then definitely recommend it

Tried queueing for one of these this morning but gave up in the end, so much hassle constantly checking for stock & notifications, getting into queues, websites freezing then crashing, missing out at the last minute, and all this after staying up late or getting up early in order to be ready for it.

Nothing good ever came easy...

• Sad 1

Blagged a PS5 this morning, had to buy the Player 1 t-shirt with my bundle though. My bro managed to get one as well, so we'll have 4 controllers now in the house lol Goodjob I'm moving out soon. Had the confirmation email so hopefully everything goes through smoothly.

EDIT:

'We're sorry to say your recent order has been cancelled.

While going through your order, our risk and security processes have come across a few issues which prevent us from billing and shipping your product(s).

There are several reasons why this might happen. For your privacy, these are not shared with us. Some examples of order rejections are because of issues with billing/shipping addresses, the particular card being used or the email address linked with your account'

You mean you've oversold it, lying ***** lol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Anyone had any issues with the springs snapping in the R2 triggers? I’ve now had to send back both my day 1 controllers after it happening! Blows my mind how shoddily they’re made

Had no issues with my controller at all, just played Resident Evil Village which makes use of the adaptive triggers and they seemed to work like normal

Are you playing a lot of games that make use of it?

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Had no issues with my controller at all, just played Resident Evil Village which makes use of the adaptive triggers and they seemed to work like normal

Are you playing a lot of games that make use of it?

I’m thinking the issue may have come due to me Turing off the adaptive triggers whilst also playing far to much Fifa... maybe the controllers are made without the thinking people would bin off the adaptive aspect of them

Just finished FF7 Remake.  Don't know what to make of that tbh.  I'm utterly confused by the whole Sephiroth angle.  Having never played the original, does that make the difference in filling in the gaps?  The ending was brilliant, granted, just confusingly so in terms of the story which up to that point was pretty easy to follow.

Gameplay wise it's excellent in parts although some of it was too much filler which threw the pacing off here or there.  Still prefer FFX!  lol

I'd get Intergrade for the new chapter but I'm not shelling out £70 for it.  Shame they're milking it for all it's worth.  There's a good game there, they should offer the new chapter as a standalone then I'd be tempted.  Having said that I've just given in and ordered Mass Effect!  Haha.

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Anyone had any issues with the springs snapping in the R2 triggers? I’ve now had to send back both my day 1 controllers after it happening! Blows my mind how shoddily they’re made

I'm really surprised by this. I've put a stupid number of hours into Returnal since it was released and it heavily uses the R2 triggers (you pull them half way for normal fire and then all the way back for the Alt). It's always felt quite solid. Now you have me thinking I should start swapping back and forth in case the same thing happens. I hope your next one fairs better. 

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Pretty ridiculous given the amount they charge for controllers at present. You'd want one to last a decent amount of time and not give up on you early on. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty ridiculous given the amount they charge for controllers at present. You'd want one to last a decent amount of time and not give up on you early on. 

I’ve had every version of the ps and other than rage induced replacements or standard wear and tare (after years of gaming day the rubber coming off the analogue) I’ve never had to replace a controller! But the amount of videos/posts I’ve seen on google re this problem blows my mind! People having to buy new springs and replace them after what 7 months is mental

3 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

I'm really surprised by this. I've put a stupid number of hours into Returnal since it was released and it heavily uses the R2 triggers (you pull them half way for normal fire and then all the way back for the Alt). It's always felt quite solid. Now you have me thinking I should start swapping back and forth in case the same thing happens. I hope your next one fairs better. 

Like I said to @moore_94 I feel they’ve built them around it working side by side with the adaptive triggers so they take quite a bit of the pressure off the spring! As I’ve turned them off it’s all on 1 tiny flimsy spring... might just have to turn them back on to save me replacing my controller every 6 months lol 

Edited by dbtcity

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Like I said to @moore_94 I feel they’ve built them around it working side by side with the adaptive triggers so they take quite a bit of the pressure off the spring! As I’ve turned them off it’s all on 1 tiny flimsy spring... might just have to turn them back on to save me replacing my controller every 6 months lol 

You'd have thought that spring was the same design they used on the old sixaxis. I might turn mine off now so I have an excuse to give my misses on why I want to pick up one of the new controllers lol  

image.png.d1f0225f17992298e6d042b7f9f68e90.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

You'd have thought that spring was the same design they used on the old sixaxis. I might turn mine off now so I have an excuse to give my misses on why I want to pick up one of the new controllers lol  

image.png.d1f0225f17992298e6d042b7f9f68e90.png

The place I bought the original from gave me a refund with the last 1 so I guess if it follows on like that I’ll just keep repeating the process every 6 months lol 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2021 at 09:26, Leicester_Loyal said:

Had one in my basket from Amazon, went to pay and it made me reset my password on my account for some weird reason. By the time I'd done that they'd sold out, I have no luck with these.

Had another in my basket at Game and the website crashed, not too bothered though as it had the t shirt and cap with it and was over £600 all in.

My bros one has arrived, he's gone away for the weekend so I've set it up. Been playing The Warriors from PS2, fantastic memories.

• Like 1

This looks absolutely stunning, I can't really think of any games that look better? The story sounds interesting and if it holds up this could definitely be in contention for GOTY.

Might even keep an eye out for Collectors Editions with how much I want this game

PS4s are going to sound like jet engines trying to run this

• Like 2