Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This looks absolutely stunning, I can't really think of any games that look better? The story sounds interesting and if it holds up this could definitely be in contention for GOTY.

Might even keep an eye out for Collectors Editions with how much I want this game

PS4s are going to sound like jet engines trying to run this

This is the reason why you can throw an XBox my way, bottle up Bethesda, and give me a 10 year free XBox game pass but it will never have the exclusives PS does and for that reason alone I'm prepared to wait a little longer for quality games.

This just looks incredible.  I cannot wait for this.  Looks stunning.  Fingers crossed it comes out before the end of the year.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is the reason why you can throw an XBox my way, bottle up Bethesda, and give me a 10 year free XBox game pass but it will never have the exclusives PS does and for that reason alone I'm prepared to wait a little longer for quality games.

This just looks incredible.  I cannot wait for this.  Looks stunning.  Fingers crossed it comes out before the end of the year.

I have a PC and love the variety of games you get with Game Pass

But this kind of exclusive game, along with TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, Spider-man, Detroit and all the others are what smash it out the park for me

Shame there is no release date but hopefully we get end of year release

Might even have to finally get a new 4K TV so I can properly enjoy games like this

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have a PC and love the variety of games you get with Game Pass

But this kind of exclusive game, along with TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, Spider-man, Detroit and all the others are what smash it out the park for me

Shame there is no release date but hopefully we get end of year release

Might even have to finally get a new 4K TV so I can properly enjoy games like this

They have stated an end of year release for it.  Probably around end of November I would guess.  

You can certainly tell it's received an upgrade on the first game and hopefully the map is bigger than the first one.  Traversing up and down has made it less flat and the mechanics for that look more slick in comparison to the first game.  Combat looks superb.  I platinumed the first one in around 72 hours and then spent a while with the DLC.  Could do with this one lasting 90 hours and I'll be happy with that.  

As for the story, we don't know too much about that but it will be interesting to see where they go with Sylens.  The story in the first one was what made that game so great.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

PC for the performance/choice and Playstation for the gems, is the absolute dream combo.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

PC for the performance/choice and Playstation for the gems, is the absolute dream combo.

Exactly the route I have gone

Made sure the PC I got would be able to run games really well and got a PS5 for the exclusives

Pretty much every game that comes out on Xbox is on PC so not like I will miss out on Halo/Gears etc.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 10:32, moore_94 said:

Exactly the route I have gone

Made sure the PC I got would be able to run games really well and got a PS5 for the exclusives

Pretty much every game that comes out on Xbox is on PC so not like I will miss out on Halo/Gears etc.

Microsoft just want you using the Xbox and gamepass platform, whether that's with an actual Xbox or a windows 10 PC they don't care.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

PS+ membership is up today.  32.85 is the knockdown price.  Just as it was this time last year.  Worth renewing in June, always cheaper then!

I usually snap mine up Black Friday... found out the last time you can actually stack the subscription 

• Like 1

I've been wanting to play Squadrons for a while. Anybody played it? 

Finally had to delete Returnal off my PS5. Insanely addictive gameplay, absolutely loved it BUT I have everything except the last Scoutlog (009) in the first biome for the Plat' and after running that biome what feels like the millionth time, going slowly insane, last night I had to cut myself off. For such a great game it's left a bad taste in my mouth and a tinge of hate towards the devs. It's not acceptable imo. 

I caved and bought Resi' thinking it will tied me over until R&C. 

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Finally had to delete Returnal off my PS5. Insanely addictive gameplay, absolutely loved it BUT I have everything except the last Scoutlog (009) in the first biome for the Plat' and after running that biome what feels like the millionth time, going slowly insane, last night I had to cut myself off. For such a great game it's left a bad taste in my mouth and a tinge of hate towards the devs. It's not acceptable imo. 

I remember seeing something on Twitter about someone having the same issue when it came to the Scoutlogs, meant to be basically broken and unable to get some unless you get them during your first run

Really shocking from the Devs if true

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I remember seeing something on Twitter about someone having the same issue when it came to the Scoutlogs, meant to be basically broken and unable to get some unless you get them during your first run

Really shocking from the Devs if true

I've looked to see if I've missed something but it seems entirely down to terrible RNG. There's a load of people complaining about it. As somebody who spent close to 5 hours just killing a single red eye skelly (kill, die, respawn, kill, die, respawn... repeat for 5 hours) to collect the rare items he sometimes dropped to get the Plat' in Demon's Souls my patience on this stuff is pretty high but Returnal broke me. 

Edited by Hoopla10

42 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Downloading Squadrons right now.  Will need to be decent to take me away from ME but I'll give it a go.

As a huge fan of the series and having owned every single game, I am absolutely BUZZING for the new Ratchet and Clank game on June 11th. 

Early reviews are extremely positive. It looks like the game will really bring out the best in the console. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Adster said:

As a huge fan of the series and having owned every single game, I am absolutely BUZZING for the new Ratchet and Clank game on June 11th. 

Early reviews are extremely positive. It looks like the game will really bring out the best in the console. 

Reviews look awesome, pretty much the only negative I have seen so far is that it they thought they didn't use the dimension jumping enough in the game (so it isn't to an extent like Portal)

Cannot wait until Friday!

56 minutes ago, Adster said:

I'm all for it, completed them all.  Class games like Jak and Daxter back in the day.

I'm not shelling out £65 for it though!  However, Horizon FW can take my money now lol

Could do with a demo just to see how decent it looks on my screen...

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Borrowed my bros PS5 for the week, only played it once. Got into the queue at GAME this morning, and thought to myself balls to it I can't be arsed, not really that bothered.

An hour later my brother rang me and said he'd bagged me one from Very:D Got Ratchet & Clank with it and a year of PS Now or something.

Reckon I need a game to get me into it, AC Valhalla or RE Village maybe.

• Like 1

I got my PS5 on release day and sold it like 10 days later. Brought it for the sake of buying it. Back on my PS4 and not missed anything imo. Horizon Forbidden West is the game i really want. Think ill wait for that before considering getting a PS5 again.

Got one of these from Game the other week and have enjoyed it thus far. Not got any of the big launch titles yet but the quality of life improvements (much quieter, quicker loading times and slicker UI) and back compat upgrades have made it worth the money for me already. Played Astro's Playroom which was a very pleasant surprise, a bit of Days Gone which was shit, and currently on Control which is terrific.

Going to get back into TLOU2 in lovely 60fps next and then it'll be between another upgraded PS4 game I haven't played like Ghost of Tsushima or shelling out the big bucks for one of Returnal, Demon's Souls or Ratchet and Clank.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop, Far Cry, Battlefield and Dying Light all due out before the end of the year. God of War, Gran Turismo and hopefully loads of stuff getting announced over the coming weeks next year. Good times.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 13:22, Leicester_Loyal said:

Borrowed my bros PS5 for the week, only played it once. Got into the queue at GAME this morning, and thought to myself balls to it I can't be arsed, not really that bothered.

An hour later my brother rang me and said he'd bagged me one from Very:D Got Ratchet & Clank with it and a year of PS Now or something.

Reckon I need a game to get me into it, AC Valhalla or RE Village maybe.

RE Village is well worth it. Rachel and Clank looks excellent as well.

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Got one of these from Game the other week and have enjoyed it thus far. Not got any of the big launch titles yet but the quality of life improvements (much quieter, quicker loading times and slicker UI) and back compat upgrades have made it worth the money for me already. Played Astro's Playroom which was a very pleasant surprise, a bit of Days Gone which was shit, and currently on Control which is terrific.

Going to get back into TLOU2 in lovely 60fps next and then it'll be between another upgraded PS4 game I haven't played like Ghost of Tsushima or shelling out the big bucks for one of Returnal, Demon's Souls or Ratchet and Clank.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop, Far Cry, Battlefield and Dying Light all due out before the end of the year. God of War, Gran Turismo and hopefully loads of stuff getting announced over the coming weeks next year. Good times.

What's bad about Days Gone?  Been giving a lot of thought to getting it on PC but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

What's bad about Days Gone?  Been giving a lot of thought to getting it on PC but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

It takes a few hours to get into, I did it years ago when it first came out and only played about 3 hours of it and never touched it again

Picked it up again a few months ago and managed to persist with and eventually got really stuck into it and spent 50+ hours finishing it

First few hours gameplay wise are just not good for pulling you into the game, but worth it if you stick at it

Edited by moore_94

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It takes a few hours to get into, I did it years ago when it first came out and only played about 3 hours of it and never touched it again

Picked it up again a few months ago and managed to persist with and eventually got really stuck into it and spent 50+ hours finishing it

First few hours gameplay wise are just not good for pulling you into the game, but worth it if you stick at it

I'm all for a game with a slow build.  Currently a bit over 8 hours into an RPG called Elex which requires about 5-6 hours of running away from everything or using your companions as meat shields while you try not to get one or two shotted chipping away their health.  It's fun.

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

"Shit" is probably not entirely fair but as has been alluded to above it certainly didn't pull me in. It feels very unremarkable. Like 50% of games on the market it's an open-world action game with some light RPG elements, stealth, crafting mechanics and enemy camps to clear out, and like the other 50% it's got zombies. Early on you get given the reins for about a minute of gameplay at a time after which it fades to black for another cutscene. Worst of all, the main character is a moody cock who grunts every line of dialogue in between bursts of heavy breathing like a telephone sex pest. It had me rattled after a handful of hours so there was no chance I was going to endure his company for another few dozen.

Protagonist aside, there's nothing outright offensive about it, I just don't think it does anything at all that countless other games haven't already done far better. It's perfectly possible it improves plenty down the line and I wrote it off too soon but my backlog's long enough as it is and I can't really be arsed with another one of these 50+ hour open-world map-clearing games at the moment. Might be a different matter if it did something interesting to stand out from its peers like Ghost of Tsushima (apparently) does with its combat and environment, but this categorically doesn't in my admittedly limited experience. If you're particularly taken by the setting it might be worth a look on sale and plenty of people seem to regard it as one of the more underappreciated games of last gen so don't let my gloom put you off.

• Like 1