Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Smashed through a couple of games in preparation for R&C. Finished It Takes Two. Really good game. Much bigger than I thought it would be tbh. There's a moment half way through we thought it was about to end but instead it just carried on. Lots of variation in environments and gameplay mechanics. Lots of collaboration. I definitely recommend playing it if you got somebody who's up for a bit of co-op. 

The other was RE:Village. It's clearly a really good game and I'd entirely get why people might love it. Buuuuuuut I don't know. I enjoyed it but it felt unfocused again. I don't know what RE is these days tbh. I had that same feeling playing RE7. It throws all these other inspirations and references from films and other games (including it's own games as weird as that sounds) at me and it feels messy and unfocused. I don't know what its core identity is any more. 

The world design and visuals are crazy good. It's where the game shines. The gameplay is okay, a bit clunky and annoying tbh but functional (which is I guess damning with faint praise). They missed a MASSIVE trick imo in not filling each of the four sections with more story information regarding the four main characters. There's an information dump waaaaaaaay later, near the end. But they should have sprinkled more information and environmental storytelling IN the locations. And those stories should have been better. It's annoying because I feel it's just lazy when a studio doesn't do that. Putting effort into the writing and storytelling can catapult an okay game into something you wont forget. They put all this time into the game looking visually amazing, just do the same for the writing.

The girl and her doll should have been heartbreaking. When that final moment comes it should be horrifying and sad imo. And if I'm being REALLY picky they could have provided multiple ways of ending the four sections. They're all compact and separate story lines it wouldn't have mattered to the larger story.    

Oh and it's not scary. I don't know if that means anything tbh as I haven't found RE scary for a loooong time so I don't know if that's something they're going for. 

Lot of moaning, sorry. Like I say I totally get it if somebody loves it. It's a well made game and I did enjoy the experience overall. 

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So AC Valhalla is now 29.50 on amazon.  Is another huge Ubisoft open world map worth slogging through for that amount of cash?  Opinions...

It's a good one actually.  It's very similar to Odyssey so I'd base if you'd like that on the worth of this buy.  There's nothing new and dazzling that's not been in previous AC games. It's very long, but enjoyable if it's your sort of thing.  Definitely get your money's worth for the content.

I'm sure you're the same as me and have a long list of "to be played" games.  I'd wager there are more "worthy" games on the list than another AC game though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So AC Valhalla is now 29.50 on amazon.  Is another huge Ubisoft open world map worth slogging through for that amount of cash?  Opinions...

Given how you've phrased that I'd say no, wait for a proper sale since AC games always end up going for a little north of a tenner at some point.

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

It's a good one actually.  It's very similar to Odyssey so I'd base if you'd like that on the worth of this buy.  There's nothing new and dazzling that's not been in previous AC games. It's very long, but enjoyable if it's your sort of thing.  Definitely get your money's worth for the content.

I'm sure you're the same as me and have a long list of "to be played" games.  I'd wager there are more "worthy" games on the list than another AC game though!

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Given how you've phrased that I'd say no, wait for a proper sale since AC games always end up going for a little north of a tenner at some point.

Thanks for the advice.  Bought it though lol

120 hours to platinum is what lies ahead.  It's going to be a long summer lol

Finished and Plat'd R&C, brilliant game, loved the inclusion of Rivet and Kit. I think I'm getting old though, because there's moments when the visuals feel crazy overwhelming for my little old eyes and brain. I got those little minions all across the floor running around, particles and coins (the sound when you pick them up is so satisfying), shooting my gun, enemy shooting back, enemies exploding... and I'm like wtf is going on!!!

As mentioned it's a dead easy Platinum. 

Now I'm in that vacuum of trying to work out what I want to play next. 

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 04:25, HoustonFox said:

Nearly completed all of Spider-Man Remastered and while I’m sure I should play Miles Morales next, I need a break from Spidey I think.  Bought Dark Souls in the sale, wish me luck guys... 

once you lose your head with Dark Souls and want a nice chilled game I can’t recommend Ratchet and Clank enough! Such a brilliant game gameplay wise and visually 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Sounds silly but you checked the fuse in the plug? 

Yeah it’s not that, the PS5 makes a noise when it’s plugged back in.

When I crashed mid game the game glitched but I could go onto the main menu. I opened the main menu and the whole system froze with the picture still on the screen and I couldn’t do anything so I had to unplug it.

Its gone back now anyway.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty disappointing…

Looking forward to plague tale.  Was hoping for the uncharted spinoff but hasn't happened.

I see Jedi Fallen Order is under 12 quid on the store until July 7th.  Tempted.

Finally made it to England on AC Valhalla.  Only took 10 hours lol

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Looking forward to plague tale.  Was hoping for the uncharted spinoff but hasn't happened.

I see Jedi Fallen Order is under 12 quid on the store until July 7th.  Tempted.

Finally made it to England on AC Valhalla.  Only took 10 hours lol

Can't be much longer until that pops up, there aren't many Playstation Studios games left for them to giveaway

Jedi Fallen Order is great, definitely worth that price

Yeah I think it took me about the same amount of time to get to England as well lol now you have all of England to scour every single inch of for side quests etc.

• Like 1

Took me just over a year but I FINALLY managed to get the platinum for The Last of Us Part II

Definitely had to look up some hints online about where to find some collectables otherwise I never would have finished it!

Just those additional Grounded and Permadeath trophies to get now... probably not going to go for them in the same run lol

TLOU2.thumb.jpg.d2f7839b69caa3339010e19042b961fa.jpg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

Anyone had problems with Wi-Fi connectivity on PS5? 

If I play on Wi-Fi, there are lag spikes every 10-15 seconds. Makes playing online games unplayable. My laptop/phone/other devices that are right next to the Ps5 that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network all work ok. 

I bought a wireless repeater and plugged an ethernet cable into it and the PS5 and it fixes the issue, so the Wi-Fi card in the PS5 must be ****ed? 

Anyone else had problems with this? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

Anyone had problems with Wi-Fi connectivity on PS5? 

If I play on Wi-Fi, there are lag spikes every 10-15 seconds. Makes playing online games unplayable. My laptop/phone/other devices that are right next to the Ps5 that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network all work ok. 

I bought a wireless repeater and plugged an ethernet cable into it and the PS5 and it fixes the issue, so the Wi-Fi card in the PS5 must be ****ed? 

Anyone else had problems with this? 

Yep, happens to my brother when he plays on Wi-Fi. Weirdly it happens to him only when I'm connected to mine via Ethernet.

My internet is more than good enough to handle a couple of PS5's (500 down, 30 up) but yeah not sure what the problem is.

4 hours ago, Munshi said:

Yep, happens to my brother when he plays on Wi-Fi. Weirdly it happens to him only when I'm connected to mine via Ethernet.

My internet is more than good enough to handle a couple of PS5's (500 down, 30 up) but yeah not sure what the problem is.

I think my work laptop may be something to do with it. It's slightly older but if I'm on my work laptop and turn my PS5 on, the laptop disconnects and continuously times out. If I turn my PS5 off, my work laptop goes back to working online absolutely normal. 

Very strange!