Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

FA Cup qualifying game abandoned due to Racial abuse

Haringey Borough and Yeovil Town's FA Cup fourth qualifying round match is abandoned, after reports of racial abuse aimed at Haringey's goalkeeper.

More to follow.

Its finally happening. i think this is the only way we are going to rid the game of the cancer that is racism

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50111754

• Like 2

Why would you throw things, spit at someone and (alledgedly) racially abuse someone for playing football for another team than the one you support??

Im getting sick of football to be honest. Im embarrased for the people involved.

I mean, do they look at the rise of racist incidents here and abroad and think yeah, i really want some of that myself?? 

Edited by Donk
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Donk said:

Why would you throw things, spit at someone and (alledgedly) racially abuse someone for playing football for another team than the one you support??

Im getting sick of football to be honest. Im embarrased for the people involved.

I mean, do they look at the rise of racist incidents here and abroad and think yeah, i really want some of that myself?? 

Well they probably just got their team kicked out of the FA cup so they’ll learn albeit the hard way.

1 hour ago, Donk said:

It beggars belief doesn't it, I actually thought that maybe racists have some undiagnosed mental illness but I believe there's been quite a lot of studies on that and it's pretty unfounded.  I would actually like to sit down with them and just try to understand why they feel the way they do, it baffles me.

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It beggars belief doesn't it, I actually thought that maybe racists have some undiagnosed mental illness but I believe there's been quite a lot of studies on that and it's pretty unfounded.  I would actually like to sit down with them and just try to understand why they feel the way they do, it baffles me.

i can only assume it’s lack of confidence in who they are themselves  or feeling threatened  and insecure in their own identity..

i have  actually not got a clue really! lol

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Haringey Borough and Yeovil Town's FA Cup fourth qualifying round match is abandoned, after reports of racial abuse aimed at Haringey's goalkeeper.

More to follow.

Its finally happening. i think this is the only way we are going to rid the game of the cancer that is racism

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50111754

It’s not.

Id be interested to see  how many of these “fans” are exactly that, or just racists with a ticket. Who couldn’t care less about the consequences for the club.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not.

Id be interested to see  how many of these “fans” are exactly that, or just racists with a ticket. Who couldn’t care less about the consequences for the club.

Actually an interesting way to look at it. I'd always considered someone at a game to likely be a fan of either team, but you're completely right. There's a high chance these people are just twats who got a ticket and were determined to cause some kind of trouble 

Edited by UniFox21

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Before people berate the likes of Bulgaria etc(Rightly so) we need to sort out our own sh!te.

There are more frequently occurring incidents of racism which is very worrying.

Agree..but though it still lays Deep within our society & through our Mixed/cross cultures,we are Now  facing up to it,not denying it,und putting the issue up-front,

Its a shame that its a sporting Body & platform,that is moving the issue forward,and not big organisations,or large movements from within Government,or Major

Cultural-organised backgrounds,across their own large individual groups...Its Not only white on black,racial-abuse is just has rife and vile  among older & younger generations of   immigrants through Europe,whether they are 1st or 10th+ generation of "settlers"  In the UK we laugh Off the Local-tribal divide,Scots,Welsh,Irish,

but in other Parts of Europe,is beyond amusing...

I say Europe,but Asians among Asians,Africans among African ,S.Americans. etc...Some Hide behind religion,some are quiet upfront,but its still tribal-racism,that still sometimes( Not always) boils down to various skin-pigmentation...

Western-Europe folk & their kids are at least trying to bring it to the fore,but through a Sporting Body alone wont cut it..!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Actually an interesting way to look at it. I'd always considered someone at a game to likely be a fan of either team, but you're completely right. There's a high chance these people are just twats who got a ticket and were determined to cause some kind of trouble 

Especially in this case, clubs like this you see a huge influx of fans who would not normally attend a non league game if they do well in the FA cup.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not.

they’d be foolish to keep coming to football games just to chant a few racist chants... the intensity that is now on them is huge. Genuine fans won’t want their games postponed so there will be more complaints and criminal records heading their way. they’d be more likely to get away with their disgusting behavior down town with the scrutiny on football now.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

they’d be foolish to keep coming to football games just to chant a few racist chants... the intensity that is now on them is huge. Genuine fans won’t want their games postponed so there will be more complaints and criminal records heading their way. they’d be more likely to get away with their disgusting behavior down town with the scrutiny on football now.

Is it though, as it seems the dettorents don’t seem to be decreasing the numbers.

They won’t keep coming anyway, like I said it was a huge game for that club today, they will be kicked out now, probably down to a minority of fans who have been to a handful of league games between them at best, and next season it’ll be a different club. Kick it out are deluded if they think they’ll end racism in football before racism is ended itself. More needs to be done in connecting back up to the issue as a whole and it’s cure, education predominantly of the young and sadly a bit of patience.

Its good somethings been done I guess, it’s shit for Haringey though, who’s staff and players have been brilliant about it apparently and they will now loose out on a chance to play in the first round and get the clubs name dragged through th3 mud because of a bunch of morons who aren’t even there most weeks.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Is it though, as it seems the dettorents don’t seem to be decreasing the numbers.

They won’t keep coming anyway, like I said it was a huge game for that club today, they will be kicked out now, probably down to a minority of fans who have been to a handful of league games between them at best, and next season it’ll be a different club. Kick it out are deluded if they think they’ll end racism in football before racism is ended itself. More needs to be done in connecting back up to the issue as a whole and it’s cure, education predominantly of the young and sadly a bit of patience.

Its good somethings been done I guess, it’s shit for Haringey though, who’s staff and players have been brilliant about it apparently and they will now loose out on a chance to play in the first round and get the clubs name dragged through th3 mud because of a bunch of morons who aren’t even there most weeks.

This is the first game that’s been abandoned because of the alleged racism, so that’s a hard statement to stand by.

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

This is the first game that’s been abandoned because of the alleged racism, so that’s a hard statement to stand by.

No it isn't. Do your home work. 

There was an erdevisie game abandoned years ago just off the top of my head: 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

we are talking about England and the problems we have here? 

Are we? 

“Rid our game” does not really suggest you were talking solely domestically to me. Especially with the recent problems in Europe .

Although it’s irrelevant, the point still stands, if it doesn’t work in other countries, especially ones that sit much further to the left on the political spectrum to us like the Netherlands, there’s no reason to say it’ll work here.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

56 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Are we? 

“Rid our game” does not really suggest you were talking solely domestically to me. Especially with the recent problems in Europe .

Although it’s irrelevant, the point still stands, if it doesn’t work in other countries, especially ones that sit much further to the left on the political spectrum to us like the Netherlands, there’s no reason to say it’ll work here.

yes we are. the problems highlighted in OUR media recently have been about OUR england team and a game on saturday in OUR fa cup so yes the use of OUR is entirely in the context of racism in  our game. 

Don’t be a melt and try to find an argument where there isn’t one to be had.

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

yes we are. the problems highlighted in OUR media recently have been about OUR england team and a game on saturday in OUR fa cup so yes the use of OUR is entirely in the context of racism in  our game. 

Don’t be a melt and try to find an argument where there isn’t one to be had.

Our england team.... in Bulgaria....

its a global game, and OUR game is football.

Sober up mate.

Edited by Manwell Pablo