Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesWelshFox

Worst defeats you have witnessed as a Leicester fan

not a heavy defeat and we were actually quite good that day but:

Man city 1-0 Leicester City

26 April 1969, Wembley stadium

I was only nine years old at the time and i cried my eyes out.

Been plenty of sh*te since then (most of those mentioned above) but that defeat is firmly etched in my memory and will only be purged when we finally beat the hoodoo and actually win the thing.

• Like 3

On 30/10/2019 at 14:09, 49er said:

The problem we had in the first half, when we were 4-0 down, was that we wore football boots with long studs and were slipping all over the place- Birmingham went for boots that were better suited to the icy conditions. The match was on MOTD- our tent was a guarantee that the game would go ahead

I was one of the people who removed the “tent” that day. To my surprise, I was allowed to go down near where the players were getting ready before the game and stood a couple of feet from Keith Weller when he was flicking the ball up and down. I was star-struck and amazed at his skill. I remember thinking “We are going to kill them today”.  Haha.

Guest Eamonn

The only time I've bern to Stamford Bridge we lost 4-0. They scored their quickest ever goal and we were 2 down after about 3 minutes. And the tickets cost a fortune.

Don’t get to many games now so a lot of the ones already mentioned I only saw on TV but 2 that I was at and have already been mentioned 1969 Cup final as 14 year old totally gutted me. As did 3-1 loss home to Sheff We’d that essentially sent us down to the depths of depression.

Another defeat I attended but couldn’t remember full details of was a 3 nil defeat away at Palace in FA Cup. Remembered our ever dependable Matt Elliott had a mare and gifted them 2 goals . Apart from that we played them off the park .

Quick check on internet confirmed FA Cup 4th round, Jan 24th 1998 , Bruce Dyer got a hat trick for them .....Despite this he wasn’t given man of the match. ...Instead it went to their keeper Kevin Miller who made a string of saves to keep us out.. 

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

not a heavy defeat and we were actually quite good that day but:

Man city 1-0 Leicester City

26 April 1969, Wembley stadium

I was only nine years old at the time and i cried my eyes out.

Been plenty of sh*te since then (most of those mentioned above) but that defeat is firmly etched in my memory and will only be purged when we finally beat the hoodoo and actually win the thing.

Hello urban fox. I was there that day also, aged 11, and it was my first ever Leicester game. My dad took me and I remember shedding a few tears myself. Payback time is close

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, treer said:

lost 2-0 fa cup semi, to the bottlers, early 80s

Yeah 1982 if i remember correctly. what made that worse was the horrific injury to Williams. Also in hindsight the fact that it was Crooks who got the second goal that killed us off ( i actually used to quite like him as player but he seriously does my head in as a pundit)

47 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Hello urban fox. I was there that day also, aged 11, and it was my first ever Leicester game. My dad took me and I remember shedding a few tears myself. Payback time is close

Oh i really hope so. Vardy to score to beat Man City 1-0. would be the perfect cure for 50 years of hurt. Poetic justice would be served especially if the goal came in the 29th minute. You young 'uns go look it up (No pun intended there either).

11 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Don’t get to many games now so a lot of the ones already mentioned I only saw on TV but 2 that I was at and have already been mentioned 1969 Cup final as 14 year old totally gutted me. As did 3-1 loss home to Sheff We’d that essentially sent us down to the depths of depression.

Another defeat I attended but couldn’t remember full details of was a 3 nil defeat away at Palace in FA Cup. Remembered our ever dependable Matt Elliott had a mare and gifted them 2 goals . Apart from that we played them off the park .

Quick check on internet confirmed FA Cup 4th round, Jan 24th 1998 , Bruce Dyer got a hat trick for them .....Despite this he wasn’t given man of the match. ...Instead it went to their keeper Kevin Miller who made a string of saves to keep us out.. 

I was 14 too when we lost in 69. As I mentioned above, for people of our generation that was a wound that still hasn't healed and won't (the craziness and beauty of 15/16 notwithstanding) until we finally get our hands on the FA Cup.

Despite attempts in recent times to denigrate and diminish its worth, it remains in my mind the ultimate trophy. It's the peoples' Cup and I only hope that one day - before it's too late for me - we bring it home!

• Like 2

Game that actually annoyed me with how bad we were was actually West ham home towards the end of the season before last lost 0 2 mark noble scored a stunner, and we were just putting in no effort at all which was more annoying than a heavy defeat. I left after about 70 mins the earliest ever. 

Also Ipswich away 6 1 can't remember what season, drove down got soaked walking to ground even though it was August then sun came out when I got in the ground. Then we got raped by Darren ambrose, Marcus Stewart, Darren bent matt Holland etc and I was depressed for ages. 

It's so refreshing this season for us to be good enough to dish out a few spankings, it was never usually us battering anyone but we've done it twice this season already.