Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesWelshFox

Worst defeats you have witnessed as a Leicester fan

I watched use go out to Harlow Town in the FA Cup in 1980 and that was pretty awful, but not nearly as horrible as being beaten 6-0 by Leeds in the League Cup in 2001 although I am proud to recall us chanting 'we want 1' whilst being 6 down an Robbie taking it with a smile as the Leeds fans chanted 'Lily Savage' at him.

Really felt for the Southampton fans last night, we have all been there but I have never had to watch us go so meekly to the slaughter.

Edited by JamesWelshFox
  • Like 2

In terms of scorelines 6-0 at Middlesbrough in 1990 / 1991 and 7-1 at Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle - I think both were in 1993 - results wise 1-0 to Harlow and then 3-1 against Exeter the following year in 1981 spring to mind - supporters of a certain vintage have definitely paid their penance 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 1

Went ipswich away when we lost 6-1. Left at 5-1 and heard the 6th go in on the walk back.

And the only european match I've ever made it to was porto away 🤣

Was also at filbert street in the 90's when newcastle tonked us.

Proper glory boy i am. Where were you when you were shit. I was there 🤣 too often looking at this.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

0-6 to Leeds in the League Cup at Filbert Street. 

and 0-5 to Villa at the Walkers. 

Both times are the only time I’ve ever left a game early.

And that was just because my dad stormed off and I needed a ride home lol  

Never dreamed we’d win like this. Ever. I was buzzing at the 5-0 the other week. 

Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Wolves and Wycombe the most gutting by a landslide

The Wolves game was horrible. My best mate at the time was a Wolves fan. I spent the whole first half texting him and winding him up. Needless to say, I got my comeuppance. Gutting. 

Wycombe was a step off a cliff.

3-0 at home to Millwall was shit. 

The Portsmouth one was bad. Hadn't we just thrashed them in the same week?

• Like 1

Guest Eamonn

City 0 Bolton 5, under Peter Taylor.  I'm not proud to say i left after the 4th but i had wanted him sacked  over the Summer and we were dire.

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

0-6 to Leeds in the League Cup at Filbert Street. 

and 0-5 to Villa at the Walkers. 

Both times are the only time I’ve ever left a game early.

And that was just because my dad stormed off and I needed a ride home lol  

Never dreamed we’d win like this. Ever. I was buzzing at the 5-0 the other week. 

Amazing. 

i was a that one (leeds), i think we started singing we want 7 and giving the ole, ole if i remember right, was better than walking out i suppose.

The 7-1 at Newcastle, all be it on TV, I’ve never got over that and we came close to beating them by a similar margin the other week which just about evened it out for me. Yesterday more than makes up for the drubbing by Southampton in the noughties, now I want us to draw Sheffield Wednesday in a cup and hit them for at least 10. 

22 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

City 0 Bolton 5, under Peter Taylor.  I'm not proud to say i left after the 4th but i had wanted him sacked  over the Summer and we were dire.

Yep, my first ever game that was. Glad I came back 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

I genuinely wasn't arsed about that, end of season fare after a crap season bar the Champions League.

It was totally meaningless game. At least I got home earlier that night.

Wolves 4-3 and Middlesbrough 3-3 in the same season were amongstvthe worst feelings I've ever had in my life.

(On a crude but quite funny note, I felt at near heart attack level.of grief v Bolton away - 2-0 up against 9 men and they equalised 8 minutes into injury time in a crunch relegation game.....after a few minutes of grieving, I gave the then girlfriend an absolute belter of a grief stricken shag. Pure raw emotion thrown into that one, lol) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1