Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesWelshFox

Worst defeats you have witnessed as a Leicester fan

6 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

There was a 1-5 defeat to villa I remember at home when the fan entered the pitch

0-5 to bolton under Taylor

Think we lost to Derby maybe 1-3 at filbert st as well under Taylor 

I think the Villa one was 5-0. When Ian Walker got in a scrap with a pitch invader. In the cup, I think.

21 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think the Villa one was 5-0. When Ian Walker got in a scrap with a pitch invader. In the cup, I think.

It was in the Prem. under Micky Adams in the relegation season. I remember in the kop fans singing 'let's all have a disco' in jest as the fifth goal went in! SOuthampton did the same last Friday when we were 0-9 up - to their credit!! 

Man City (A)5 - 0 1990s

Middlesboro (A)6 - 0 1990s

Newcastle 5 - 4(A) remember that one

Barnsley 3 - 0 (A)about thirty years ago

Spurs 6 - 1 (H)

I could list a few more, then you realize what a good team we have got now, think paying you dues come to mind on these games, , and never walked out on any of those games.

1 hour ago, Guy said:

It was in the Prem. under Micky Adams in the relegation season. I remember in the kop fans singing 'let's all have a disco' in jest as the fifth goal went in! SOuthampton did the same last Friday when we were 0-9 up - to their credit!! 

You were right - it was a league match. I think I got mixed up because Villa knocked us out the cup in that season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Halifax Fox said:

Don't think anyone mentioned 2-6 Birmingham yet.

Kenny Burns and co destroyed us on an ice rink. December 1976.

Remember this one vividly - not only for the crapness of our display (which was truly dire), but mainly for my mate getting the ball full in the chops as he stood beside me in the Popular Side. He was concentrating on lighting a fag (still a widespread practise in those wilder times) so wasn't paying attention to the game momentarily.

Laugh? Well, now that you mention it...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Halifax Fox said:

The problem we had in the first half, when we were 4-0 down, was that we wore football boots with long studs and were slipping all over the place- Birmingham went for boots that were better suited to the icy conditions. The match was on MOTD- our tent was a guarantee that the game would go ahead

A minor one,  but vague memories of being really dejected after a 4-3 home defeat to Wimbledon in the 94/95 season. If memory serves I think we may have been 3-1 up and conceded 3 in the last 20 minutes. Everybody knew relegation was a certainty and it was a meaningless game but after a season of hopelessness that was my breaking point.

3 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

Man City (A)5 - 0 1990s

Middlesboro (A)6 - 0 1990s

Newcastle 5 - 4(A) remember that one

Barnsley 3 - 0 (A)about thirty years ago

Spurs 6 - 1 (H)

I could list a few more, then you realize what a good team we have got now, think paying you dues come to mind on these games, , and never walked out on any of those games.

There's been two 5-4 at Newcastle. The horribly unfair shearer hattrick / Matt Elliott debut. And my second ever away game in the 80s when Gary McAllister and Kevin Campbell sent us 4-3 up after being 3-1 down. Mark Mcghee scoring the fifth in Injury time

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There's been two 5-4 at Newcastle. The horribly unfair shearer hattrick / Matt Elliott debut. And my second ever away game in the 80s when Gary McAllister and Kevin Campbell sent us 4-3 up after being 3-1 down. Mark Mcghee scoring the fifth in Injury time

The Shearer game finished 4-3, a game etched on my mind, having watched it unfold on Sky.

I was at the much mentioned 7-1 at Sheffield W in 1992, I remember it fondly because of the celebration when Bobby Davison scored - good humour in adversity.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The Shearer game finished 4-3, a game etched on my mind, having watched it unfold on Sky.

I was at the much mentioned 7-1 at Sheffield W in 1992, I remember it fondly because of the celebration when Bobby Davison scored - good humour in adversity.

Yes, quite right. 

Ody enough I think the 5-4 defeat in the 80s was followed by a 5-4 home win the next season. Though this is very probably wrong. Somebody over 40 can prob correct me

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Yes, quite right. 

Ody enough I think the 5-4 defeat in the 80s was followed by a 5-4 home win the next season. Though this is very probably wrong. Somebody over 40 can prob correct me

Not sure, but I remember both. The 5-4 win had 2 hat tricks, David Kelly and Mick Quinn.

While being thrashed is always embarrassing, and I have been at some of the matches cited, losing a match from a winning position is more crushing.

Being 3 nil up against Wolves Away in October 2003, and losing 4:3 was a painful experience, and emblematic of that season.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

While being thrashed is always embarrassing, and I have been at some of the matches cited, losing a match from a winning position is more crushing.

Being 3 nil up against Wolves Away in October 2003, and losing 4:3 was a painful experience, and emblematic of that season.

Repped that for use of the word 'emblematic' alone...:thumbup:

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The only game I’ve ever left early from.

Last East Mids derby at Filbert Street and effectively confirmed relegation from what I remember. Thought it was 3-0 to them though. 

I watched that game from Bentleys roof (£5) and I don’t think I’d ever seen Filbert Street empty so quickly.Their was no way back after that one.I seem to remember Derby having a loan keeper who was some what unconventional.Still kept a clean sheet though.

On 29/10/2019 at 18:53, foxtillidrop said:

There was a 1-5 defeat to villa I remember at home when the fan entered the pitch

0-5 to bolton under Taylor

Think we lost to Derby maybe 1-3 at filbert st as well under Taylor 

Didn’t Big Sam manipulate a new offside rule in that game? We were all over the place and couldn’t work out what they were doing! 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 15:56, Crazy Kop Corner said:

In terms of scorelines 6-0 at Middlesbrough in 1990 / 1991 and 7-1 at Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle - I think both were in 1993 - results wise 1-0 to Harlow and then 3-1 against Exeter the following year in 1981 spring to mind - supporters of a certain vintage have definitely paid their penance 

I was at the 7-1 Sheffield Wednesday league cup match, I think David Hirst got a hatrick against us.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Didn’t Big Sam manipulate a new offside rule in that game? We were all over the place and couldn’t work out what they were doing! 

You’re thinking of a different game against Bolton, presumably the 03/04 season.

I know the one you mean as they scored from having at least two players standing on the goal line when the kick was taken. Pretty sure it was at the Walker’s though. 

Quick google and I think it was this one - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3456283.stm

On 29/10/2019 at 18:49, Halifax Fox said:

I was there.  Heavily bearded Birmingham team depressed me.

My dad, who has bee  somewhat converted recently by me and my brother, is a Birmingham fan.  When he moved to Sharnford and found himself with kids, he took us to our local team as he had gone to his.  I was only 9 but i remember him being smug on  that day.

I have nothing against beards.

12 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You’re thinking of a different game against Bolton, presumably the 03/04 season.

I know the one you mean as they scored from having at least two players standing on the goal line when the kick was taken. Pretty sure it was at the Walker’s though. 

Quick google and I think it was this one - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3456283.stm

Yes that’s the one, bloody hell, my memory, I thought we were thrashed that day.