Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamesWelshFox

Worst defeats you have witnessed as a Leicester fan

44 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Surprised no ones mentioned Deeney Day, suppose it’s kind of been lost on us in the last few years due to whats followed but at the time I was absolutely gutted. 

Dad promised we’d go Wembley and I was early teens then so hadn’t really ever had any opportunities to see Leicester there before, combined with the fact I’d only ever seen us play in League 1 and Championship at that point - everything just felt horrible that day.  

EDIT : @Haywood_6 just beat me by 1 min lol

A tough one to take but nowhere near as bad as say 5-0 to Bolton. Losing in a playoff has some form of honour given how hard it can be to get there.

Ones like Bolton 01 or Villa 04 are comparable to Southampton last night.

1 hour ago, eblair said:

barnsley 2-0 away from home, only time in entire time NP was in charge over both spells, I thought it would be best if we sacked him

Surprised nobody has mentioned 2-0 defeat home to Sheff u  so bad Oneil got spat at and I believe Birch apologised over  tannoy although Bolton athome 0-5 was hard to beat

Guest Eamonn
2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Went ipswich away when we lost 6-1. Left at 5-1 and heard the 6th go in on the walk back.

And the only european match I've ever made it to was porto away 🤣

Was also at filbert street in the 90's when newcastle tonked us.

Proper glory boy i am. Where were you when you were shit. I was there 🤣 too often looking at this.

I went to Porto too. I wasn't that bothered by the result as we'd won the group.

Easily Bolton 0-5 at home in the 2001-02 season's curtain opener at Filbert Street in our last season there. A sign that Peter Taylor was out of his depth and that the previous season was something of a lucky streak for him until that disastrous Wycombe FA Cup defeat of course!  

• Like 1

Guest Eamonn
3 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Losing 5-0 away at Man City in the 1990s was the worst I've seen in terms of goal difference. 

But losing 3-0 to Palace at home a couple of seasons ago felt worse.  They were in the relegation zone and hadn't scored in their last ten games away.  

That was a wierd few months. UCL joy and EPL misery. 

Seen a few.  4-0 at Stamford Bridge.  2-0 down in 10 minutes.  The girl next to me never looked up from her magazine for the rest of the game.  Dennis Wise playing head tennis with the crowd, it was so easy.

4-1 away at Notts County, Mark Draper toying with us.  

5-0 at Maine Road, Kinkladze running riot.

2-6 against Man Utd and 0-5 against Sheff Weds, but the worst, by a mile was 0-5 against Bolton.

A few people have mentioned the Bolton game but it needs putting into context.  After the Wycombe defeat in the previous year we had been dropping like a stone.  I couldn't wait for the season to end.  The new season, Taylor's second, brought with it the usual optimism.  Hopefully we had stopped the rot and we start with a clean slate.  A few new signings - Scowcroft, Walker and a certain Dennis Wise.  Surely this would be different.

The performance was abject and if memory serves it was 0-4 at half time but it what made it so much worse than an isolated drubbing was the fact that this was such a portentous moment.  I knew, after ninety minutes of the new season we were as good as relegated and so it proved.  

• Like 1

Not a heavy one but an agonising one, in the championship relegation season, 2nd from last game at home to Sheff Weds. Beat them on our own pitch and we're very likely to not go down, they rock up in an Orange kit, Steve 'kin Watson (ex Newcastle full back) now scoring from midfield, Kisnorbo got Kisnobbled and had to go off injured which I fealt was the turning point and you look to the bench for inspiration and there's that clown Holloway preparing his latest set of barmy riddles for the press conference. To make it worse there were lots of Wednesday fans around us (their pointy features and molten steel burns gave it away) and at half time after some verbals between City fans and Wednesday fans who had a box above our seats we get showered with hot drinks, Stewards doing F.A. about it. Hell on earth. Watson? How did we ever fall to such a low?

• Haha 1

Really interesting to see how result impact on individuals.

Up there for me.

Wolves away having been 3 up.

Swindon having come from 3 down to level.

And at the time losing on valentines day having nearly caused divorce. But that turned out ok.

Special mentions to how shite we were at palace 5 nil and still no idea how claude kept his job.

Three spring to mind, which I went to: 

1967 Man City 6 Leicester 0

1968 Everton 7 Leicester 1

1992 Sheffield Wednesday 7 Leicester 1

Obviously, the big losses at home, already mentioned. We've taken some real hidings over the years, but all teams have. 

The first game I remember, I was 9 years old.  Norwich stuffed us 4-1 at home in 1981/2  The year of the streaker! Ingrained in my mind forever. 

Bolton 5-0 at home. Sickening. 

1990.. Lost 5-2 to the pigs at home. 10000 blades in Leicester that day. This is where my huge dislike of them comes from. 

Leicester 2 -6 Manure. Meh. 

I think I may have consigned other bad results to a deep, dark place. 

13 hours ago, Guy said:

Easily Bolton 0-5 at home in the 2001-02 season's curtain opener at Filbert Street in our last season there. A sign that Peter Taylor was out of his depth and that the previous season was something of a lucky streak for him until that disastrous Wycombe FA Cup defeat of course!  

I remember pre-season the esteemed Peter Taylor prophesying a top six finish and his immortal words, etched on my brain: "The lads are on fire in training".

17 hours ago, Eamonn said:

City 0 Bolton 5, under Peter Taylor.  I'm not proud to say i left after the 4th but i had wanted him sacked  over the Summer and we were dire.

Same game for me. Peter Taylor had spent big pre season (including 5mill on Akinbadbuy), and Bolton had just been promoted. 

16 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

6-0 down at half time at Newcastle in the early 90's and losing 7-1 in the end. 

I remember watching that game as it was broadcast live on ITV. Getting tonked always seems worse when it's broadcast to the nation. Newcastle was in party mood as they'd romped the league under Keegan, while we were heading into the playoffs on a downer. We'd also lost 7-1 earlier that season to Sheff Wed in the League Cup IIRC.