Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I lol at this.

Well, according to Bridgen, we'll roll up at the top of High Street, order a driverless car, which will follow orders to take us all home, all within a 5 year timeframe.

The bloke is a few cards short of a full deck imo.

Is that really that unbelievable? I agree it’s a bit ambitious to be acceptable within 5 years but the technology is pretty much already capable. Once law and society accepts it, it’s a no brainer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It wasn’t illegal, it was deemed unlawful 

It was passed in the commons 

Advertising had to happen because believe it or not some people just have no interest in politics or even actually watching the news 

Should you have any I assume you agree on everything with your siblings 

1. This is true but still an awful place for a PM to be.

2. irrelevant.  He wasted weeks and weeks proroguing, unproroging then proroguing again only to drag the queen to Westminster before only two weeks later declaring this parliament to be pointless.  

3.boris had no intention of no dealing hence the fact he chucked the DUP under a bus and crossed his previous red lines in order to get a deal. 

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I lol at this.

Well, according to Bridgen, we'll roll up at the top of High Street, order a driverless car, which will follow orders to take us all home, all within a 5 year timeframe.

The bloke is a few cards short of a full deck imo.

The technology is already available Driverless cars are in America, Lyft completed 50,000 taxi trips earlier this year just in Las Vegas alone

11 hours ago, MattP said:

It's not immaterial lol

Obviously it's hard to predict as constituency voting could be volatile bit you would still much rather be 10pts ahead than behind.

You always thought it was immaterial when your chosen team was losing in the polls (I've worded it this way on purpose)

On 29/10/2019 at 23:20, MattP said:

Didn't see the point of doing that, if you won't vote in December just don't vote in this.

As for the last point, one Tory MP is Tobias Ellwood, who ran through the middle of a ongoing terrorist attack to try and save the life of a policeman who was stabbed - (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45546867 )   

I'd say that's the opposite if a cnut, there is good and bad in all parties. 

He probably can take back the word 'all and replace it with 'almost all.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

He runs weatheraction now.

He was on LBC the other morning complaining about the myth of global warming - he's mad as a box of frogs bur you can't help but like him.

A real life version of Doc from Back to the Future.

Oh, so we're all on board with giving climate change deniers a hard time *now*?

That's interesting. Whatever happened to "you can understand why people are skeptical, Mac"?

8 hours ago, HappyHamza said:

You always thought it was immaterial when your chosen team was losing in the polls (I've worded it this way on purpose)

Did I? 

Can you provide an example of this? 

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Oh, so we're all on board with giving climate change deniers a hard time *now*?

That's interesting. Whatever happened to "you can understand why people are skeptical, Mac"?

Er, where have I said we should give him a hard time?

What a huge surprise this is lol

Days after begging for the Tory whip back and being refused, Antoinette Sandbach (who receives £23000pa in EU subsidies) joins the Liberal Democrats.

Edited by MattP

Do we vote for our local MP or the party they stand for?

I know we "vote for an MP to represent the constituency" but is that the way we actually vote as a population or do we vote for the party first and which ever sleaze bag they put up as the local candidate second? I know this is the way I vote. So when I see an MP  jump ship as Sandbach has done does she carry the majority of the voters she has represented with her or a minority? Should MP's who decide to jump ship mid way through a parliament be subject to re-election as they are no longer standing for the manifesto they stood on but that of the new party they have joined. I think we need political reform in the nation the question of voters for 16 years olds has been asked and if this change was to come about is it not time that more wholesale changes where introduced perhaps replacing the house of lords with a second chamber that is also elected along different line perhaps proportional representation. whilst the old adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it springs to mind I am not sure in the current age it is still fit for purpose.

1 minute ago, HappyHamza said:

I probably could yeah because you've dismissed polls many times in the past. But I've got a life so I won't bother ta.

Good depth of knowledge of history that from a poster who only joined the forum in August.

I can't think how lol

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Er, where have I said we should give him a hard time?

Well, calling the guy as mad as a box of frogs (though to be fair, you're dead right on that judgement of most climate change ignorers) somewhat speaks for itself on that score IMO, but fair enough.

Though I'm going to moderate myself at this point because I know that regarding the data itself you're not as much of a skeptic now as you used to be based on recent posts - I'm kinda glad about that.

Edited by leicsmac

56 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, calling the guy as mad as a box of frogs (though to be fair, you're dead right on that judgement of most climate change ignorers) somewhat speaks for itself on that score IMO, but fair enough.

Though I'm going to moderate myself at this point because I know that regarding the data itself you're not as much of a skeptic now as you used to be based on recent posts - I'm kinda glad about that.

I wasn't referring to climate change when I said he's mad as a box of frogs - I was commenting in him generally from his TV appearances I've seen.

23 hours ago, MattP said:

Certainly the biggest issue for me, for one I fear not implementing a decision for the first time in our electoral history could lead to some pretty distasteful stuff.

So yes I'd vote Labour with a heavy heart if the roles were reversed, but I'd hope the MP's would call another election immediately after as having Jeremy Corbyn as our Prime Minister could do irreparable damage to our country, economy, Jewish community and foreign relationships.

I'm not the biggest corbyn fan, but to claim he's anti semitic is hyperbolic nonsense, people (jewish, zionists and sympathisers) use it as a stick to beat him with. You can criticise, jews, israel, zionists or be pro-palestine and not be anti-semitic.

Just now, shade said:

I'm not the biggest corbyn fan, but to claim he's anti semitic is hyperbolic nonsense, people (jewish, zionists and sympathisers) use it as a stick to beat him with. You can criticise, jews, israel, zionists or be pro-palestine and not be anti-semitic.

Of course you can, I don't think anyone has ever said you can't.

Although how is claiming British Zionists don't understand irony and laying wreaths at the graves of Black September terrorists doing that? He's either gaslighting or a total moron.

As I've said before I don't think he is an actual antisemite, just a useful idiot who doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. Probably comparable to a person still using the word nig nog not knowing it's racist. 

I put Lib Dem, but in reality I will end up voting for whoever has the best chance of stopping Andrew Bridgen. The potato-faced weasel will win whatever though, so I guess it doesn't matter. 

I've never campaigned before, but I'm almost tempted to go knocking round doors on a vote-for-anyone-but-Andrew-Bridgen campaign. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Of course you can, I don't think anyone has ever said you can't.

Although how is claiming British Zionists don't understand irony and laying wreaths at the graves of Black September terrorists doing that? He's either gaslighting or a total moron.

As I've said before I don't think he is an actual antisemite, just a useful idiot who doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. Probably comparable to a person still using the word nig nog not knowing it's racist. 

was he laying them at the feet of innocents killed in an israeli airstrike or at the feet of the 'terrorists', i suppose it depends on your perspective. it's cliche but one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, shade said:

was he laying them at the feet of innocents killed in an israeli airstrike or at the feet of the 'terrorists', i suppose it depends on your perspective. it's cliche but one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

It a cliché, a stupid one as well.

Those who deliberately murder the innocent are never freedom fighters.