Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

17 hours ago, ousefox said:

He pointlessly and illegally prorogued Parliament

It wasn’t illegal, it was deemed unlawful 

had a waste of time Queen's speech

It was passed in the commons 

wasted millions of £s of taxpayer money pushing his 31 October deadline through advertising,

Advertising had to happen because believe it or not some people just have no interest in politics or even actually watching the news 

Even his brother and sister don't seem to.

Should you have any I assume you agree on everything with your siblings 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I wouldn't vote labour ever. So the question is a bit moot. But that's more to do with past than present. 

This is more of a general point than anything specific to you, but may I ask why? 

I can't imagine a time where I'd vote Tory because so far as I can remember they have never represented my ethics, beliefs, philosophy. However, I would never go as far to say that I would never vote for them because that seems very close minded. It would take a hell of a change for them to represent my views, but it's not impossible, or for me to change my philosophy as I get older and more cynical etc.  

I do fear that we will become, if not so already, like the US whereby Republican and Democrat families will always vote the same, generation after generation, regardless of what the party stands for and who the party comprises of. That, for me, is a crying shame and defeats the point of it all. It just becomes Tribal. I would go as far to say that I wouldn't be seen dead in a Forest shirt, but I'm only 99.999999% likely to never vote Tory. 

10 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Interesting chart. Obviously take it with a pinch of salt as it is on a yougov poll. 

BK9GiyvVJoGx7KbR_MF8Y5JxVhMEr8Xh4VYhxkLx6iU.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=19ef1dc0d16f97ada8002b04522fd95efe48f9c2

I'd actually imagine that's pretty standard than at any point over the last 50 years.

56 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

This is more of a general point than anything specific to you, but may I ask why? 

A long, boring tale that I really don't like talking about. Suffice to say some Labour "for the many" muppet screwed my family over years ago and even though lots of time has passed, when they preach to represent what is good for the people it rings as a massive lie. 

Obviously, there will be many Labour representatives that genuinely do give a shit, but I wouldn't trust one as far as my missus could throw them. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Eamonn
On 29/10/2019 at 22:48, Beliall said:

honestly havent decided yet if im voting tactically or for ones i want to win. i know it wont be the tories though

Me too. I live in Sheffield Hallam and will be following the advice on here https://getvoting.org/

31 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

Me too. I live in Sheffield Hallam and will be following the advice on here https://getvoting.org/

thanks for that, early signs here im lead to believe are its between the tories and greens. although i have had faily mail from the lib dems lol . keep trying guys. its not gonna happen. ill happily vote green like i normally do but last time the tory win came out of nowhere and i wondered if our votes had been split between them and labour. to be clear, its labour i want to win overall, but i think a vote for them here might be pointless

HA! its telling me vote lib dem! whats all that about? where is the data coming from?

Edited by Beliall

I won’t be voting in this FT poll as I don’t get a vote in the real election having lived outside the uk for too long to qualify. In any case I haven’t taken part in any ballot since leaving the uk on the basis that it wasn’t really my business any more. Despite that I regret not taking part in the 2016 referendum (for which I still qualified) if only to dilute the effect of Brexiteers in my family based here in Aus that did vote.

For anyone thinking that I should just keep my trap shut here as well, please understand that I am still a British citizen so my rights as a European citizen will be detrimentally affected by Brexit, and I still have interests in the UK that are also affected. Having lived 3/4 of my life in the UK I think I still have a right to a viewpoint.

If I did have a vote I’d use it tactically to try to get to another referendum. Ultimately revoking article 50 is the only way to stop the madness. Any form of Brexit will condemn the UK to this whole thing dragging on for years if not decades. Unfortunately I think that the poison that Brexit has released into British society will take a generation or more to be dispelled regardless of the final outcome.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It wasn’t illegal, it was deemed unlawful 

It was passed in the commons 

Advertising had to happen because believe it or not some people just have no interest in politics or even actually watching the news 

Should you have any I assume you agree on everything with your siblings 

1. Slight semantics. A unanimous 11 judge SC made the decision. Quite the message.

2. It was a waste of time. Nobody on the planet thought any of it would ever happen and don't pretend otherwise. 

3. It was pushing his political agenda. Millions and millions on an unlikely outcome. 

4. I'd hope that they'd trust me.

• Haha 2

Just now, ousefox said:

1. Slight semantics. A unanimous 11 judge SC made the decision. Quite the message.

2. It was a waste of time. Nobody on the planet thought any of it would ever happen and don't pretend otherwise. 

3. It was pushing his political agenda. Millions and millions on an unlikely outcome. 

4. I'd hope that they'd trust me.

Piers Corbyn is actually a climate change denier, so this thing in politics isn't actually uncommon.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Piers Corbyn is actually a climate change denier, so this thing in politics isn't actually uncommon.

Haha I never realised that. Ever so slightly different when you're prepared to be in your brother's cabinet and then resign though isn't it?

For who doesn't know the history of Bercow/Vaz - it's here.

The protection our politicians have from public scrutiny is incredible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-46112355

Readers may recall that we have reported extensively on how Mr Vaz's behaviour on committee trips abroad , paid for by the taxpayer, were the scene for some allegations of not following the rules of the House and bullying towards staff.

Mr Vaz denies all such actions. But we wished to see what documentation existed from the administration of these trips. We cannot.

This is because Mr Bercow has personally intervened and gone out of his way to bar Newsnight from asking the Information Commissioner or a judge to review the decision. We will not be able to overturn this decision, as journalists fought through the courts to get to see MPs' expenses.

Edited by MattP

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

He was president of the students union at my university before I arrived I believe. He was still there as a leading light in the International Marxist Group (I think).

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

He was president of the students union at my university before I arrived I believe. He was still there as a leading light in the International Marxist Group.

He runs weatheraction now.

He was on LBC the other morning complaining about the myth of global warming - he's mad as a box of frogs bur you can't help but like him.

A real life version of Doc from Back to the Future.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

He runs weatheraction now.

He was on LBC the other morning complaining about the myth of global warming - he's mad as a box of frogs bur you can't help but like him.

A real life version of Doc from Back to the Future.

Yes he was always quite a character. We regularly seemed to have Tariq Ali round as I recall. 

Guest Eamonn
49 minutes ago, Beliall said:

thanks for that, early signs here im lead to believe are its between the tories and greens. although i have had faily mail from the lib dems lol . keep trying guys. its not gonna happen. ill happily vote green like i normally do but last time the tory win came out of nowhere and i wondered if our votes had been split between them and labour. to be clear, its labour i want to win overall, but i think a vote for them here might be pointless

HA! its telling me vote lib dem! whats all that about? where is the data coming from?

They've got some info about their methodology in their FAQs. I think it's based on their private polling, constituency -by-constituency ,  but i haven't gone through the data myself.  It's suggesting i vote Lib Dem where i live now but Labour in my last address. It recommends my niece  votes green where she lives.

59 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

They've got some info about their methodology in their FAQs. I think it's based on their private polling, constituency -by-constituency ,  but i haven't gone through the data myself.  It's suggesting i vote Lib Dem where i live now but Labour in my last address. It recommends my niece  votes green where she lives.

good to know , iwas just surprised ,they have been no where near in the last 2 elections and greens have continued to gain support with us being so close to brighton

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Bridgen not joining in the gushing tributes to Bercow lol

I lol at this.

Well, according to Bridgen, we'll roll up at the top of High Street, order a driverless car, which will follow orders to take us all home, all within a 5 year timeframe.

The bloke is a few cards short of a full deck imo.