Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They must have missed me off the list! 

I think its were your from as well, i don’t know anyone, who is going to vote Corbyn’s, labour, its weird because alot of people have always voted labour, but the man has completely torn apart the voters

3 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

I just wish this election was at least being presented in a moderately fair way, the bias of the right wing press is utterly disgusting.

i wish the average voter would question the shite they lap up in The S*n, mail, telegraph and express, the working class/those with less in society that read those papers end up voting against their own interests and instead in the interests of Rupert murdoch etc. There is a reason billionaires are against Corbyn and support the tories and it’s a selfish one. The smear campaign against Corbyn has been so effective any hyperbolic statement about him is immediately fact no matter what.

after the itv debate, a quick google gave me articles from the aforementioned papers praising and giving Johnson’s message, while the express dedicated a whole article about Corbyn’s glasses being crooked, just about sums up the press in this country 🤦‍♂️ 

So shall i read the Daily mirror then? Because thats anti tory!, i dont think its the labour party the problem, its the man running it

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I hear you and do agree to a point. I'm not close mates with anyone who has "questionable" views on race or LGBT issues nor would I wish to be. I occasionally mix with some people who maybe lean a bit that way but I keep them relatively at arm's length. I would only move away from people if they spouted genuinely abhorrent views but my circle of proper friends I consider to be pretty fair-minded, whoever they vote for or support at football. 

Yeah, all things considered a good person should probably find out about such nasty stuff before they become good mates with someone anyway.

However, I will say that I'm not overly optimistic about much healing of the divisions that have happened due to Brexit (largely) over any reasonable timeframe, sadly - the political has become personal, media sources have helped draw lines in the sand, and now I think almost whatever happens from here there is going to be deep antipathy for a long time, simply down to human ego.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People who fall out with good mates over politics (or football etc) really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They will make excuses and blame others rather than facing it head on and looking at the mistakes they make themselves.

If I read something political from The Sun or Telegraph I take it in the same way as if I read something in the Mirror or Grauniad - it's generally twisted on either side to suit a particular narrative.

I think most people understand this and I find it incredibly patronising that people who don't worship at the Altar of Corbyn are accused of being brainwashed by the MSM.

I wouldn’t say it’s patronising when it’s true, the vast majority of the public read pejorative headlines over and over in right wing papers about Corbyn, and then loyally and mindlessly bleat it out when needed. It’s often what they want to hear too, something negative about the opposition.

It’s self-fulfilling for the editors and murdoch etc, in any debate I’ve had with Tory supporters any point I make is met with “yeah but Corbyn hates Jews and supports the IRA”. When I ask for evidence the answer is always the same: “Well I can’t think of anything right now” or “The S*n said it”.

Patronising people about their views (just because they aren’t the same as your own) isn’t going to win votes. 

Likewise, patronising people about leaving football games early won’t do you any favours either. 

This is one of the reasons Labour are having their arse handed to them in the polls, failure to communicate properly with the working class (who are turning to the Tories). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I like that New Zealand had two referendums about changing their flag but many in the UK dont think the public should be allowed another vote on whether to bankrupt the country or not

We are doing, it`s called an election.If bankrupting the Country is important to you vote for "Jeremy" and your wish will be granted in no time at all....................

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

This stems from a dodgy Facebook post. Fake news.

The story was researched and reported by local news in Leeds before it made the big papers, the original journalist put the story to the hospital and gave them proper time to respond, which they did and confirmed that the written version of events is the true version of events: IE the hospital was having its busiest day since 2016, there were no beds, only chairs, and after 8 hours the boy needed a lie down and in the circumstances it was more comfortable on the floor. The hospital have issued a full apology to the family and the family have said from the outset that the care they received from staff was great but they were merely highlighting the strain the NHS was under, they were not critical of the actual staff. 

Hmm, what do I believe? Proper journalism, an admission by the hospital and a full apology to the family or some bullshit on Facebook stemming from someone who knows someone else who's friend works there...

Thread off twitter looking at the claims that the story was faked.

"2/ Firstly, the bots and sock puppet accounts are on the case on Twitter. As you can see, an identical tweet claiming the mother staged the photo was circulated on Twitter. It's literally copied and pasted, and the accounts are targeting it at various influencers https://t.co/OtdfBnRKnw"

Literally copy and paste "I know a senior nurse at Leeds Hospital". Hundreds of accounts. How many friends does she have?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Its amazing how people have lapped up a couple of tweets and Facebook posts as proof that the picture was faked. What's even more amazing is that that then washes over Johnsons reaction to the picture. If it was fake, which evidence is showing it wasn't, he didn't know that clearly as he despatched Hancock to sort it out, his reaction was pathetic, shows what heartless bastard he really is, how much of a **** he really doesn't give.

Well, yeah. In this case and if the matter is character assessment, whether it was fake or not doesn't actually matter as much as the reaction such a thing engenders when the person viewing it doesn't know it was a fake.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, yeah. In this case and if the matter is character assessment, whether it was fake or not doesn't actually matter as much as the reaction such a thing engenders when the person viewing it doesn't know it was a fake.

Mental.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Mental.

Brilliantly taking those words out of context there matt.

Clearly if judging the photo on its legitimacy then whether it's fake or not is very important. But if we're judging a persons reaction to it, when as far they are aware it's real, then the legitimacy of the picture is irrelevant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The agenda against Johnson on here. He could literally cure cancer and people would find fault in itlollol

But he cured it without caring, typical Tory!

And he only wanted to cure it so he could make a profit, FOR TRUMP!

Apparently Labour are not considering to implement capital gains tax on people selling their homes. The press regulator IPSO has imposed a major sanction against the Mail on Sunday regarding this fake story.  But will not be publushing it until after the election...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The agenda against Johnson on here. He could literally cure cancer and people would find fault in itlollol

The same thing could be said for the other leaders tbf. Corbyn would be accused of developing cancer alongside the IRA in the first place. Wouldnt be surprised to see that front page of the Sun actually.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's not an agenda, he's just not a very nice person.

When a four year old boy is given a consultation room, his parent sits him on the floor and takes a photo to shove on the front page of the Mirror that is then used in a blindside attack on the PM it couldn't be more of an agenda.

This election was already low but it's reached a new level now. God knows what we'll see tomorrow.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

When a four year old boy is given a consultation room, his parent sits him on the floor and takes a photo to shove on the front page of the Mirror that is then used in a blindside attack on the PM it couldn't be more of an agenda.

This election was already low but it's reached a new level now. God knows what we'll see tomorrow.

Stay strong until Thursday Matt. 

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Arf.

I mean, we just had a poster on here claim that Boris did look at the picture of the kid and made it out to be nonsense, using the blurry screenshot of the one frame he glanced over it after repeatedly refusing to look at it and literally pocketing the phone before being pulled up on it.

I guess that’s a much as we should expect from FoxesTalk’s resident ‘propagandist’ shouldn’t we, wasn’t that long ago he was saying how ‘disgusted’ he’d be if Boris didn’t  do an Andrew Neil interview and I bet that’s changed now lol embarrassment.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

But that's not what happened is it? The hospital have released a statement admitting it's true.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

Mental.

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Brilliantly taking those words out of context there matt.

Clearly if judging the photo on its legitimacy then whether it's fake or not is very important. But if we're judging a persons reaction to it, when as far they are aware it's real, then the legitimacy of the picture is irrelevant

Wondering about a response to this, Matt.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But that's not what happened is it? The hospital have released a statement admitting it's true.

According to the Yorkshire post that is what happened, he was in a bed, then had to move, was put in a consultation room and then felt tired so his Mum put him on the floor, not pull chairs up, put him on the fllor - then obviously take a photo.

A journo on Twitter thinks we'll get some CCTV soon anyway, hopefully we do and we can find out exactly what happened.