Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I don't know what's funnier here.  Seeing the Tories send Hancock in to settle the situation down, or seeing Hancock fleeing in a Vauxhall Corsa in the aftermath.

Oi there's nothing wrong with Vauxall Corsas these days!

*goes looking for new cars*

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

After being asked repeatedly, refusing to the point where he took the reporters phone from him and put it in his pocket in the hope that the reporter would stop asking him. 

Plus by this point he's not looking at the picture, he's looking at the reporter's lock screen - and pretending to react to the picture of the child...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

think what you might mean is people like herself (tories) hope the cameras won't be there so that people believe the absolute lies they continue to tell and have been telling for decades. 

You clearly didn't pay much attention to the BBC under the Blair and Campbell era.

35 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

she’s not a politician? she’s a journalist. 

Sorry. 

Only ‘Tories’ tell lies, no-one who supports any other party. 

EDIT: In a weird twist a worker at the hospital where the four year old was pictured laying on the floor has come out and said he had a bed after all. 

Tory lies:ph34r:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Yeah I wasn't being entirely serious, but thanks for outing yourself.

Yeah I wasn’t being entirely serious either, obviously...

Outing myself? As a Tory supporter? Have you not read the thread for the last 3 years? Who did you think I was voting, Greens?lollol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

I just wish this election was at least being presented in a moderately fair way, the bias of the right wing press is utterly disgusting.

i wish the average voter would question the shite they lap up in The S*n, mail, telegraph and express, the working class/those with less in society that read those papers end up voting against their own interests and instead in the interests of Rupert murdoch etc. There is a reason billionaires are against Corbyn and support the tories and it’s a selfish one. The smear campaign against Corbyn has been so effective any hyperbolic statement about him is immediately fact no matter what.

after the itv debate, a quick google gave me articles from the aforementioned papers praising and giving Johnson’s message, while the express dedicated a whole article about Corbyn’s glasses being crooked, just about sums up the press in this country 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lestajigs said:

jeremy corbyn Would be an absolute threat  to our national security, how is a man who clearly sympathises with the ira, head of a British political party is absolutely mind boggling SCARY 

Ok so will Corbyn planting bombs in Westminster for the IRA happen before or after he banishes the Jews and abolishes democracy? It would be good if Rupert murdoch and the right wing press could give us a timetable for these things...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sorry. 

Only ‘Tories’ tell lies, no-one who supports any other party. 

EDIT: In a weird twist a worker at the hospital where the four year old was pictured laying on the floor has come out and said he had a bed after all. 

Tory lies:ph34r:

Quite a few on Twitter saying this now, photo taken a few days ago and flogged to the Mirror.

If they have set this up its a new low. 

I'm having a hard time believing a hospital would treat a child on the floor with a drip bag, there is even a chair next to him in the photo.

Quite interesting to work in London and spend most weekends back home in West Norfolk, and gauge the differences in opinions.

Johnson is seen as a proper leaver (unlike May), and someone who believes in Britain. Someone who will 'get stuff done'. But above all, people seem to feel that the Conservatives represent the shires and smaller towns and act as a kind of conduit for people's resentment towards those more affluent cities, which are populated by people the leavers feel patronise and despise them. As Kopfkino says, people seem to really dislike Corbyn, mostly for being unpatriotic and part of the liberal elite down in London, something they associate with remaining in the EU. It's an extension of the EU vote really - leave vs remain, shire vs city - and Corbyn will lose because he hasn't attracted enough remain votes, being as he is at bit of a soft-leaver. 

And yes all this has been said a million times already. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2