Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

According to the Yorkshire post that is what happened, he was in a bed, then had to move, was put in a consultation room and then felt tired so his Mum put him on the floor, not pull chairs up, put him on the fllor - then obviously take a photo.

A journo on Twitter thinks we'll get some CCTV soon anyway, hopefully we do and we can find out exactly what happened.

When I first saw the picture I thought there's no fcuking way I would allow my child to be lying on a floor.  

If the picture was fabricated and taken for political reasons that is truly repulsive.

Again, the NHS Trust has confirmed the incident in question occurred and has offered a full apology to the family. That it is genuine is beyond questioning. I know that is inconvenient for some of you but it isn't even misrepresentative of the current situation. Absolutely nobody who works in a hospital would be shocked by that picture and equally and more dangerous things happen every day.

Mad that the usual right-wing posters on here insist that the systematic disinformation tactics couldn't possibly work on them but have now emphatically proven that they do, hook line and sinker. Scary times.

• Like 3

Jesus, some people on here love not letting facts get in the way of their made up stories and falsified facebook/twitter accounts.

For the final time - the Hospital has admitted the written version of events and issued a full apology to the family. If you have a kid in A&E for 8 hours I'm pretty sure they are going to get restless and bundling some coats on the floor to lay them down and allow them to sleep seems legit...whether pulling up chairs is any better etc is not the point - the point is that the lad wasn't in a proper hospital bed.

Mind you, my dog knows a cat who said is bullshit. CORBYNS FAULT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can someone advise me what Labours plans are to solve the NHS crisis? Far too much focus is always on what the other side will do rather any legitimate plans. Social media has made the coverage of this election almost unbearable, impossible to know who to believe and whats stories are real, exaggerated or even made up. For someone like me who doesn't really follow day to day politics I'm reliant on the information I am given in order to form an opinion. Interviews are a waste of time as all the interviewer is interested in is forcing a slip up and getting a story.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can someone advise me what Labours plans are to solve the NHS crisis? Far too much focus is always on what the other side will do rather any legitimate plans. Social media has made the coverage of this election almost unbearable, impossible to know who to believe and whats stories are real, exaggerated or even made up. For someone like me who doesn't really follow day to day politics I'm reliant on the information I am given in order to form an opinion. Interviews are a waste of time as all the interviewer is interested in is forcing a slip up and getting a story.

Why don't you google each manifesto and decide for yourself? They're all readily available.

52 minutes ago, MattP said:

According to the Yorkshire post that is what happened, he was in a bed, then had to move, was put in a consultation room and then felt tired so his Mum put him on the floor, not pull chairs up, put him on the fllor - then obviously take a photo.

A journo on Twitter thinks we'll get some CCTV soon anyway, hopefully we do and we can find out exactly what happened.

Out of interest if we did get CCTV and it showed you were wrong (like everything else except some made up tweets have) would you still not admit it? Your partiality is astounding.

I think your political views etc are fair enough and you obviously are quite knowledgeable. However, your inability to admit there’s even a chance you are wrong in the face of overwhelmingly one sided evidence is bizarre.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/rebuild-our-public-services/

Other manifestos are available online, I presume.

14 hours ago, Lionator said:

These journalists are clearly at the mercy of someone, probably Cummings, for Downing Street exclusives. Report what I tell you and in return you’ll get inside access. 

Is anyone else concerned about what effect Cummings will have on the BBC after the election? He really is a frightening piece of work.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Jesus, some people on here love not letting facts get in the way of their made up stories and falsified facebook/twitter accounts.

For the final time - the Hospital has admitted the written version of events and issued a full apology to the family. If you have a kid in A&E for 8 hours I'm pretty sure they are going to get restless and bundling some coats on the floor to lay them down and allow them to sleep seems legit...whether pulling up chairs is any better etc is not the point - the point is that the lad wasn't in a proper hospital bed.

IMO, the point is that Boris Johnson was shown this and his reaction was one of indifference/dismissal - but then there doesn't seem to be a lot of people discussing that here, really.

Surely when shown something like that your response should be to address it, say what your party has in line to prevent problems like that in future, and if it later turns out to be faked you can use it as political ammunition then, yes?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Most plans are in the form of funding increases and maintaining/reinforcing public control to improve care levels. Improved staff retention in the form of improved wages and in-work support. 

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/rebuild-our-public-services/

7 minutes ago, bmt said:

Out of interest if we did get CCTV and it showed you were wrong (like everything else except some made up tweets have) would you still not admit it? Your partiality is astounding.

I think your political views etc are fair enough and you obviously are quite knowledgeable. However, your inability to admit there’s even a chance you are wrong in the face of overwhelmingly one sided evidence is bizarre.

Of course. Although I'm still totally miffed why parents would leave a child on the floor whatever the situation, chairs would be available for a start.

We all have our partiality on here as well - the things we are prepared to turn a blind eye to is incredible from all sides. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Of course. Although I'm still totally miffed why parents would leave a child on the floor whatever the situation, chairs would be available for a start.

We all have our partiality on here as well - the things we are prepared to turn a blind eye to is incredible from all sides. 

You cant lie down on a chair.

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is anyone else concerned about what effect Cummings will have on the BBC after the election? He really is a frightening piece of work.

Very concerned, look already at the likes of Kuensberg

And see above, the use of 'Bots' on twitter and in social media in general is frightening.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Fair enough I’ll believe it when I see it.

Of course everyone has biases I just can’t believe how much you’re willing to double down on this one particular example!

Pretty scummy to release an off the record recording but Guido has got hold of Jonathan Ashworth having an off the record conversation with a journalist. 

11 minutes but an interesting listen.

"We ****ed it up, we ****ed it up" lol

He does appear to be one of the most normal members of the cabinet and it's nice to hear him talking honestly and openly, I wish more politicians did it.

Edited by MattP

39 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

From what I’ve seen They never confirmed that the child was made to be on the floor they apologised because They said a bed wasn’t available and Only chairs was 

The unanswered question for me is why was the photo taken by a professional photographer 

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You sound frightened WW. 

I would say that authoritarian manipulation of media output coupled with smart social media input to manipulate public opinion should frighten anyone wth a modicum of sense, really - even if at the present time that is only possibility rather than reality (that's a debate in itself). Even if it doesn't affect a person now and so it doesn't bother them, such techniques could easily be use against any individual or group...so what about them being affected in the future?

• Like 2