Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You've been misinformed. "The left" have seen the light and now realise that it is ICM who are at the cutting edge of polling accuracy.... 

Ha. Funnily enough, I'd just popped back on here to post the ICM poll , which 'the left' definitely approve of!

Meanwhile, in Wales, compared to the last GE in 2017, appears to be a six point swing from LAB to CON

Laura Kuntsberg finally getting her dues. Top trend in twitter and being called out by some massive names. Awful for the BBC. She made up a lie about Hancock getting assaulted (after making up a lie about labour activists paying taxi fares for people to go to Leeds hospital to terrorise Hancock) when in reality there were 4 local protestors. No assault, no fowl play and absolutely no arrest. Imagine a BBC editor tweeting this shit to 1.1million people without, erm, you know, checking the facts. Unreal. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Ha. Funnily enough, I'd just popped back on here to post the ICM poll , which 'the left' definitely approve of!

Meanwhile, in Wales, compared to the last GE in 2017, appears to be a six point swing from LAB to CON [YouGov]

"The left" have identified defects in YouGov's polling techniques in Wales.

Their polling in other parts of the nation may have more merit. I'll let you know when I see their findings. :D

• Haha 2

Everyone getting on at LauraK but almost every other political journalist tweeted exactly the same thing.

It was the "senior Tory" bullshitting that led to the story.

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

Everyone getting on at LauraK but almost every other political journalist tweeted exactly the same thing.

These journalists are clearly at the mercy of someone, probably Cummings, for Downing Street exclusives. Report what I tell you and in return you’ll get inside access. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Don’t believe everything you read in the daily fail, the media bias in this country really is disgusting

He's not wrong though is he?

The country could be about to elect a person who has called for NATO to be disbanded, a shadow chancellor who has IRA murderers on his office wall and a home secretary who once called for foreign victories against the British state - it's pretty mental.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

These journalists are clearly at the mercy of someone, probably Cummings, for Downing Street exclusives. Report what I tell you and in return you’ll get inside access. 

Or they just got briefed something and went with it before a video came out. 

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

she doesn't help the situation though knowing that her audience is huge? 

Doesn't take much to get the facts before tweeting away, no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

she doesn't help the situation though knowing that her audience is huge? 

Doesn't take much to get the facts before tweeting away, no?

I suppose on something like that you are relying on word of mouth as you don't assume cameras will be there - I mean it's believable when you also have it confirmed someone has been arrested for it.

Half the problem is social media - they are all so desperate to be the first to break a story they don't seen to apply due diligence.

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

I suppose on something like that you are relying on word of mouth as you don't assume cameras will be there - I mean it's believable when you also have it confirmed someone has been arrested for it.

Half the problem is social media - they are all so desperate to be the first to break a story they don't seen to apply due diligence.

Exactly. She should know better so all the criticism she is getting is fully deserved. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattP said:

You've a perfectly reasonable choice to bankrupt the country this Thursday if you want.

I think you know the choice is between a hung Parliament and a Brexit Tory party - and I think you also know which one will be worse for the economy.