Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Need to update this 😂

IMG_20170111_120105.jpg

Come on, you know it's the big dangly carrot of any trade deal. There are 100 ways to carve it up, but say it's still the same good old NHS. 

"What do you mean my prescription charge is now £50?"

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Come on, you know it's the big dangly carrot of any trade deal. There are 100 ways to carve it up, but say it's still the same good old NHS. 

"What do you mean my prescription charge is now £50?"

As an asthmatic mine already is - no free care for our condition when we get our inhalers. 

If the NHS is involved in the trade deal we won't be signing it, as I've said before - the Tories love power, doing that means losing power.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And we all believe that about the Conservatives don't we, there won't be a total carve up oh no. 

PS. Corbyn is also a cock. 

Are the Americans going to ship our Hopsitals to the Us and rebuild them like they did with London Bridge?  What are you talking about man??  The NHS was a conservative idea, proposed by a conservative helth Minister, and the conservatives are funding it more than any other Government in history, plus "selling the NHS" would be a absolute guarenteed political suicide on a scale not seen since the Poll tax riots.  I would join for a start!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It even says from CCHQ for gods sake.  What a waste of a day of nonsense.  No one has a sense of political humour these days.

...seriously, where is this confidence that all or even most folks who see that are going to tell that it's satire coming from? It's like people haven't ever been stupid en masse due to social media before.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

...seriously, where is this confidence that all or even most folks who see that are going to tell that it's satire coming from? It's like people haven't ever been stupid en masse due to social media before.

This was the worst of the lot - had millions fooled.

IMG_20191120_160327.jpg

19 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It even says from CCHQ for gods sake.  What a waste of a day of nonsense.  No one has a sense of political humour these days.

I'll say it again... how does ANYONE seeing it know what CCHQ stands for? The average person, unless they already followed it wouldn't have a clue. I would have no idea what it stood for, unless I'd seen it previously with the Conservative branding all over it. 

Oh it's humour. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Come on, Jon. I don't believe for a second you're this naive. 

You're genuinely not seeing any problem with this whatsoever?

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

More people fooled than not fooled overall, apparently - but a FPTP system meaning that a vote in Wyoming is worth 3.6 times that of California is what it is.

If you are to keep a country like that together, totally necessary as well. Just letting liberals in California and New York pick the President every four years won't keep it. (Although the campaign would be totally different if it was popular vote).

We are getting way off topic here though lol

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Weird that an ex UKIP member, turned Tory, would be racist - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-antisemitism-israel-jewish-amjad-bashir-general-election-conservatives-a9207846.html

Oh, and this lovely chap - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-50468770 

What a mess on both sides. 

For all the shit Corbyn gets, for some reason I don't expect the same level of shit about this Tory... 

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So unappetising are the main two parties that I was toying with voting Lib Dem but the more I see of Jo Swinson the more I dislike her too

I’m pretty sure she has a god complex i.e. she thinks God wants to be Jo Swinson 

Genuinely in the same boat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For all the shit Corbyn gets, for some reason I don't expect the same level of shit about this Tory... 

Unfortunately so, I've mentioned it before but I can't help but feel that the Tory press machine is just significantly better. They know how to make things stick and how to blow away bad news, which Labour haven't done for a while, arguably since Campbell. 

I've seen more 'news' about Corbyn pronouncing the name of a dead sex offender unusually than I have those two articles. 

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

No idea without looking into it, but if he's a racist then he should be kicked out of the party.

It's totally different to deliberately trying to deceive the public.  

He seems a total nutter to be honest.

Stood for UKIP, backed Trump and tweeted Nicole Sherzinger about kissing "cute black girls" lol

Politics really does attract some total weirdos. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

He seems a total nutter to be honest.

Stood for UKIP, backed Trump and tweeted Nicole Sherzinger about kissing "cute black girls" lol

It's amazing that all parties are so bad at vetting their candidates.  If the press can find it, surely they should be able to.  There have a been a number of candidates outed as racist twats in the past few weeks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Wonder if it's an ego thing, you get the same with football managers/players of almost thinking they're untouchable. Or at least used to before they were managed to within an inch of their lives. 

Dread to think what what social media would have been like from a sporting perspective in the 70s-90s! 

Just now, David Guiza said:

Unfortunately so, I've mentioned it before but I can't help but feel that the Tory press machine is just significantly better. They know how to make things stick and how to blow away bad news, which Labour haven't done for a while, arguably since Campbell. 

Of course Corbyn is going to get more shit on this.

The Tories have lost a couple of candidates to antisemitism/racism and they have one voice in Baroness Warsi claiming there is widespread "Islamophobia" in the party.

Labour has openly watched numerous Jewish people be hounded out the PLP while he did nothing, had to suspend MP's for antisemitism, had hundreds of cases against members so often that they didn't have the manpower to investigate and became the first poltical party in Britain since the BNP to be investigated for racism by the ECHR.

All under his watch. 

The two just aren't comparable. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Of course Corbyn is going to get more shit on this.

The Tories have lost a couple of candidates to antisemitism/racism and they have one voice in Baroness Warsi claiming there is widespread "Islamophobia" in the party.

Labour has openly watched numerous Jewish people be hounded out the PLP while he did nothing, had to suspend MP's for antisemitism, had hundreds of cases against members so often that they didn't have the manpower to investigate and became the first poltical party in Britain since the BNP to be investigated for racism by the ECHR.

All under his watch. 

The two just aren't comparable. 

83% of Jews think Labour is institutionally anti-semitic, yet this is barely in the news.  Welcome to 2019.