Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

17 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Not at all surprising when you consider the below. I can see a big swing back in 5 years time (not that it's any consolation at this moment in time) when nothing has changed a great deal in that area. 

<figcaption class='imgFCap'>(PA Graphics)</figcaption>

I think you might be surprised - the legacy of trying to reverse or re run a referendum result will have a pretty serious impact imo.

Some of those seats in that picture were Labour holds not long ago and now as "safe" Tory as they can get.

50 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wow.  The Labour Party Manifesto is just as bad as I feared, if not slightly worse.  £80Billion in tax rises.  Utterly Bonkers, and honestly I can't think of anyone less likley to get value where they to spend it.

Meh - it doesn't matter anyway. If they get in, we can just ignore the result, right?

On a serious note, £80billion is quite a lot,  being as they said that they would raise it by taxing the very rich 5% of the population (?) and the big companies.

I'm assuming that the big companies will be slightly harder to tax that they expect, therefore a couple of million people will be footing the £80billion tax bill...Or have I read that wrong?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MattP said:

Did you expect anything else? They need to buy some votes. 

It's not like they will have to implement any of this as the best hope they have is a coalition and then they can just blame it on the Lib Dems or the SNP. 

Can't see the Lib Dems putting Corbyn into no 10. More likely to back Boris in exchange a referendum.

19 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

Can't see the Lib Dems putting Corbyn into no 10. More likely to back Boris in exchange a referendum.

Chance of Boris giving a referendum is surely zero? 

I mean I know we are used to him telling the odd porky but imagine the reaction if he did that.

49 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wow.  The Labour Party Manifesto is just as bad as I feared, if not slightly worse.  £80Billion in tax rises.  Utterly Bonkers, and honestly I can't think of anyone less likley to get value where they to spend it.

Quite simply, Labour is seeking to control your housing, your money, your internet, your travel and your opinions. Oh and spend a staggering "EXTRA" £83 Billion a year doing it.

Lets be VERY clear here.  This is not New Labour of 13 years in power (and they still impacted us in many intrusive ways to our liberties). Corbyn et al, will be on a totally new level of interference and control in YOUR lives.  Just one example (can people not get their head around) a state run broadband/internet and not worry? 

The state controlling the delivery of what we all look at...…….or worst still can look at

All fluffy and nice because they say it will be free.  NOTHING IS FREE!!.  Irrespective of financials, the STATE running the internet is utter madness.

I've nothing to hide personally, but the prospect scares the hell out of me...……. and this isn't even before discussing the reality wealth creation will be utterly crippled as a result of this manifesto.

Wake up, this is certainly revolutionary stuff, but who can name a successful economy / country which operates on such a hard left policy platform, AKA Marxism?  20-40 year olds didn't experience the 70's, but my god if they did this manifesto would be like waking up from a nightmare.

If they got in, ironically those of Labour's greatest supporters, the under 30's, in the long run will pay (below) the most in money/lost entrepreneurial opportunity and lost liberties........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Quite simply, Labour is seeking to control your housing, your money, your internet, your travel and your opinions. Oh and spend a staggering "EXTRA" £83 Billion a year doing it.

Lets be VERY clear here.  This is not New Labour of 13 years in power (and they still impacted us in many intrusive ways to our liberties). Corbyn et al, will be on a totally new level of interference and control in YOUR lives.  Just one example (can people not get their head around) a state run broadband/internet and not worry? 

The state controlling the delivery of what we all look at...…….or worst still can look at

All fluffy and nice because they say it will be free.  NOTHING IS FREE!!.  Irrespective of financials, the STATE running the internet is utter madness.

I've nothing to hide personally, but the prospect scares the hell out of me...……. and this isn't even before discussing the reality wealth creation will be utterly crippled as a result of this manifesto.

Wake up, this is certainly revolutionary stuff, but who can name a successful economy / country which operates on such a hard left policy platform, AKA Marxism?  20-40 year olds didn't experience the 70's, but my god if they did this manifesto would be like waking up from a nightmare.

If they got in, ironically those of Labour's greatest supporters, the under 30's, in the long run will pay (below) the most in money/lost entrepreneurial opportunity and lost liberties........

Me either :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, MattP said:

Chance of Boris giving a referendum is surely zero? 

I mean I know we are used to him telling the odd porky but imagine the reaction if he did that.

I'd gave said the chances of Boris agreeing to customs controls between GB and Northern Irelans were zero, until recently.  He'd agree to a referendum if it kept him in Downing Street. He'd back himself to win a referendum on his deal.

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I find part of Labours manifesto in immigration a bit condescending. "Educate people on migration and colonialism". No thanks i'll make my own mind up on that.

I didn't see that part lol

Christ what a bunch of nutters, you are supposed to hide the "re-education" camps, not publicise it.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I didn't see that part lol

Christ what a bunch of nutters, you are supposed to hide the "re-education" camps, not publicise it.

Educating people on migration and colonialism obviously means that in the eyes of the labour party, people are wrong with their thoughts on them. So in other words based on the fact that the majority of people who voted for leaving the eu probably voted that way because of what  they saw was happening across the eu with merkels open border policy (lets be honest),  migration is a bad thing and the labour party need to tell us why it was a good thing, and because of how this country had treated third world countries around the globe by enslaving the locals and bringing them under British rule 300 years ago was such a bad thing to do, even though the Belgians, Danes, French, Portuguese, Russians, Spanish and Swedes were all up to it at the benefit of both their nations and the nations that were colonized (IMO). Or am i reading it incorrectly and the Labour party feel the colonisation of Europe under the rule of the EU is a good thing as we're all much better off for it.

• Like 1

At a time when the SME out there which, let’s face it, drive the economy, are struggling, the left are proposing taking away the few tax breaks that still remain ...... why would anyone bother to take all those personal financial risks in running their own business when there are limited rewards for doing so ...... the problem is the choice is between a rock and a hard place and if you offer people lots of free stuff, they tend to go for it .........

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-fake-labour-manifesto-website-fact-check-general-election-a9212076.html

The ruling party are openly lying to the electorate but let's all laugh at melodramatic celebrities.

I'm just glad the other side would never resort to it.

https://www.thetorymanifesto.com